Rules of Engagement

Uh-Oh It's Magic

Aired Monday 8:30 PM Jan 17, 2011 on CBS

6.7

All three plots here definitely were great. Surprisingly Adam & Jen were particular good, when usually their plot is usually lacking.

The end result was just hilarious, the super ending up carrying Adam out of the bath was just hysterical. Jeff & Audrey were also great, but the one who really shined was surprisingly the surrogate. She just had great interactions with the rest of the cast.

The Criss Angel appearance was hilarious as well. The thread bit, I really could not stop laughing. This whole episode was just great, all the plots were great which hasn't been the case as of late. Definitely one of my favorites of the season.

I had written off Rules of Engagement recently, but this was a great episode, and all three storylines they had were good. We didn't just get the usual Timmy and Russell bickering, we actually had Russell fight with Criss Angel. Some of his perverted lines would even make Hank Moody blush with how funny they were.

The Jen and Adam storyline was mostly filler, but hey, it worked. Adam is one of the most entertaining "idiots" on TV, and it is refreshing to see a male in that role, when most shows just have the ditsy girl.

The Jeff and Audrey scenes were okay as well. I am not really a fan of the Brenda character, but she was not bad at all tonight.
  • No mannequin head-ball. But it had some good lines, and the Chris-Angel and Russel interactions were good.

I didn't think it measured to the greatest of episodes aired in this season so far.. - The intro jokes weren't all that great, there was a line or two by Russel that were funny, but it seemed a bit rushed and expected at first.

But later on, it get's funnier, especially when Adam fixes the shower by himself out of wanting to be 'manly', - then he gets hit unconscious by the shower head shooting off while he starts to have a shower. They could have played on this a bit more, 'cause I thought there was a lot of time wasted on the surrogate thing which wasn't all that funny or meaningful, that could have been down-played a bit more.

I liked how they had Russel and Criss Angel in a scene together, - they could have made this longer and played on more lines like the "oh you're chewing a thread, oh.. how does he do it folks?" that Russel said in reply to Criss Angel putting a thread in his mouth, then pulling it out of his eye(he said that before he pulled it out of his eye, in case you were wondering).

I'd say it would have been better if they had taken the opportunity to make the Criss Angel and Russel interactions, substitute the Timmy and Russel interactions which weren't as prominent throughout the episode. And I'd think it would have been better if they had down-played the surrogate thing, and emphasized the shower fixing comedy, and maybe even the Timmy babysitting thing which they could have made gold, - but they only mentioned it.
TBS