Runaway

Identity Crisis

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Oct 02, 2006 on The CW

• lol. The storyline is unoriginal but I like the kids' scenes.

After seeing the 2nd episode which was better than the first, all I could think about the father's problem was how unoriginal. Although the name \"Runaway\" was the first clue, you definitley can now tell where the theme of this show is going. It seems better suited for a movie rather than a TV show. Like I said about the pilot episode, I don\'t like playing these kind of guessing games with TV shows. I can watch soap operas for that kind of storyline. I didn\'t like the flashbacks to show us what happened with the father and now you can tell that every episode there will be a new clue and he\'ll get a bit closer to finding out who framed him and why that woman was murdered. Obviously he\'s not going to figure it out too soon, because then the show would have to end or would need a name change. As for what they're "Running away" from, I'm bored already. Also, isn't it kind of insensitive to real victims of hurricane Katrina to use it the way they are? I bet if their fake excuse was losing everything to 9/11, people would be going nuts.

BUT. I did enjoy "Jason" and "Kate"'s interactions. Kate being a nobody at her other school and reinventing herself at this one and "Jason" getting a change of heart and buying her liquor so she'd fit in and despite their sibling rivaly, he showed he cared by acting like a big bro and kept an eye on her the whole time so she wouldn't do anything stupid. He even snuck her in downstairs so their parents wouldn't find out she got wasted. Then when he got arrested and his father not being completely pissed off at him.

He's got some good comebacks too, I like the actor's style with the way he says them.

"Mikey" faking an asthma attack just because he didn't know what to say to his teacher was also good.