Run's House Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music TelevisionBetween Seasons

Ok heres what i dont get

XxCraziiBabiixX

[1]Jul 17, 2006
    • level: 2
    Omg i cant stand runs house. Its about filthy rich ppl just to make em richer and i think its rediculous. Does anyone think the same thing?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jamalmoultrie

[2]Sep 10, 2006
    • level: 18
    it didn't seem that interesting to me either but i watch it if im bored or something

Brachelleg46

[3]Oct 8, 2006
    • level: 8
    Really I myself find the show pretty entertaining. And any show you watch, mostly popular ones, you are making rich people richer! The more ratings you give a show the more money they can get or even just watching a network a lot, you are just putting money in the pockets of some CEO. I mean I get what you are saying but to say that you have to say that about every show or every movie you go see you can’t just put it all on one show. Cause I never heard of anyone getting money for going to the movies or watching TV. You will always be the one Dishing out the bucks, it’s the American way…we pay big bucks to be entertained. That’s why Football players, actors, and so on get millions.

2-E-C

[4]Oct 8, 2006
    • level: 14
    This is what I don't get... Is this show scripted or is this plain reality... I mean I don't think that things that happens in this show happens in a normal life...

Brachelleg46

[5]Oct 9, 2006
    Well like any reality show you see now from real world to flavor of love they have people behind the scene making the drama because people really aren't as entertaining as they make them out to be on reality shows. So its not scripted, scripted like Friends but it isn't real.

DrkElement

[6]Apr 1, 2007
    XxCraziiBabiixX wrote:
    Omg i cant stand runs house. Its about filthy rich ppl just to make em richer and i think its rediculous. Does anyone think the same thing?
    First of all, please learn how to spell. Second of all, this show doesn't portray rich snobs, like Laguna Beach and other shows of the same genre. This show actually has entertainment unlike the usual, break-ups, scandals, drama, etc. all unnecessary junk.

niptuckfan06

[7]Apr 11, 2007
    • level: 5
    i always hate forums like these cause...i mean if u dont like it dont watch it right? i hate american idol....hence i dont watch it and there is no room for me to complain. so hit the next button down and put it on law and order svu. cuz thats the next best thing

TracstarAIT

[8]Apr 24, 2007
    2-E-C wrote:
    This is what I don't get... Is this show scripted or is this plain reality... I mean I don't think that things that happens in this show happens in a normal life...

i for one can say it is not scripted ive been on the set well their house and its not. they are real ppl just like you and me and actually the sweetest ppl. they are very nice and welcoming. wat it is is they make there daily life into a story so like if vanessa and angela are talking about buying something in the store they are but the director is telling them to add more enthusiasm or so to it. it sounds like its acted out but not really. these events did happen already.

lilkunta

[9]Apr 30, 2007
    • level: 6

@trackAIT:

Since  u say "I've been to their house", y r they moving?

TracstarAIT

[10]Apr 30, 2007
    i answered your question on the private message u sent me it should b there.

TracstarAIT

[11]Apr 30, 2007
    i answered your question on the private message u sent me it should b there.

Meggie1230

[12]May 14, 2007
    • level: 1
    i enjoy this show...I think Rev Run is soo funny and its nice to see that rich people have the same or worse problems then middle America....

Rezsurfer

[13]May 29, 2007
    • level: 2
    No matter what people think , Shows like this are set up... all set up the comedy is talked about before . You think cameras just have the perfect shot all of a sudden. Or that the camera is everywhere they go in those spots as soon as the enter a STORE or MAll or DOCTORS office.. no they are set up shots. All of them are set up. The dialouge are mostly just that talking not really a set up but it is what it is. BUt remember the show is a set up///

myjm

[14]May 31, 2007
    • level: 5
    this show is awesome! i love it cause it's funny. run's family is super funny. and yea we are making them richer but it's not like they brag about how rich they are.

THE_WARNED55

[15]Nov 13, 2007
    • level: 11
    XxCraziiBabiixX wrote:

Then why come here and post if you don't like it?

MrsMcDreamy87

[16]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 11
    I for one love this show. I do not think that they are rich snobs, sure they have money but they are just normal. For people that say it's scripted that kind of makes me annoyed, there little girl died and they showed that episode (Season 3) where Justine was in hospital. It showed there emotion and there strength as a family and individually, and people say it's scripted. They done a brave thing letting people see this part of there life and i admire them for this. And as other people have mentioned before, if you don't like it then why watch It!

RCC2K5

[17]Jul 15, 2008
    • level: 18

I agree with Rezsurfer in that the show is NOT scripted but it IS set up. And damn if it isn't well put together!

I didn't get the point of the show at first, but I kept watching when I was bored and there was nothing better on TV. I soon found out that it is a great family show. It also shows the family going through real issues. From sibling rivalery to loosing a baby, to missing your sisters when they move out of state to pursue career goals. The show demonstrates that I don't have to be black to connect with these people. I don't have to be rich to laugh with them and feel their pain. They are just as human as I am, and I like them and their show.

Moniquedee

[18]Jul 20, 2009
    • level: 10

DrkElement wrote:
    XxCraziiBabiixX wrote:
    First of all, please learn how to spell. Second of all, this show doesn't portray rich snobs, like Laguna Beach and other shows of the same genre. This show actually has entertainment unlike the usual, break-ups, scandals, drama, etc. all unnecessary junk.

I totally agree with you.

I think this is one of the only reality shows that genuinely makes me laugh, it also does not have all that scandalous hook-ups and cursing. That is why I like it. Some of the stuff they show is really touching because you expect to learn things about them but I never expected them to reveal some of their personal tradgies like them did.

Plus if you don't like the show don't watch it. There are some shows I don't like for example The Hills and I don't watch it, my friend know that they can't discuss it with he cause I don't watch and I don't complain about it either.

jordan2k10

[19]Nov 29, 2009
    r u crazy run's house is the best tv show ever id die without it

jordan2k10

[20]Nov 29, 2009
    jordan2k10 wrote:
    r u crazy run's house is the best tv show ever id die without it wen i grow up i wanne be like joseph simmons(rev run)