Samurai X Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2003)

Cartoon Network needs to bring this show back

  • Avatar of amatorawriter

    amatorawriter

    [81]Aug 25, 2005
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 868
    EVERYONE GOTTA SMILE!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of animefan828

    animefan828

    [82]Aug 25, 2005
    • member since: 07/09/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 914
    Yep.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of amatorawriter

    amatorawriter

    [83]Aug 26, 2005
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 868
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of animefan828

    animefan828

    [84]Aug 30, 2005
    • member since: 07/09/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 914
    Haha.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of amatorawriter

    amatorawriter

    [85]Aug 31, 2005
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 868
    We laugh... but we're all crying on the inside...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of animefan828

    animefan828

    [86]Aug 31, 2005
    • member since: 07/09/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 914
    Sure...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of amatorawriter

    amatorawriter

    [87]Sep 1, 2005
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 868
    (
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dacewlgurl101

    dacewlgurl101

    [88]Sep 7, 2005
    • member since: 07/01/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,037
    bwing55543 wrote:
    These people took off the Bugs Bunny cartoons of all things. What do you expect. If it doesn't appeal to babies or retards, CN won't show it.


    lol i agree there shows know SUCK HARD
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of animefan828

    animefan828

    [89]Sep 11, 2005
    • member since: 07/09/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 914
    Yup.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Mahado

    Mahado

    [90]Oct 10, 2005
    • member since: 08/03/05
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 189
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bwing55543

    bwing55543

    [91]Oct 15, 2005
    • member since: 07/26/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 311
    dacewlgurl101 wrote:
    bwing55543 wrote:
    These people took off the Bugs Bunny cartoons of all things. What do you expect. If it doesn't appeal to babies or retards, CN won't show it.


    lol i agree there shows know SUCK HARD


    More people agree with me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of rksexy2finger

    rksexy2finger

    [92]Oct 19, 2005
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 579
    nope never seen this show but i prob wouldn't like it but i still think it's not as bad as those new shows i mean god those new shows suck so hard first of all there loosing viewers and those dumbuts keep putting this gay s*it on of corse it's not gonna gain viewers what do u expect and with this juniper lee and this puffy thing the prob don't even get paid 10 cents an hour.i wish cn would stop feeding us with this crap like juniper lee and hi hi and just get a life and air good shows like ppg,courage,dex,eene etc.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of volleyballLvr

    volleyballLvr

    [93]Oct 20, 2005
    • member since: 09/28/05
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 5
    I miss this show so much....
    Oh by the way, some people mentioned Yu Yu Hakusho it comes back Oct 21 @ 4:30am! It's not Kenshin but it is a start.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of anubis145

    anubis145

    [94]Oct 20, 2005
    • member since: 07/11/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 3,563
    As awesome as Rurouni Kenshin is Bugs Bunny is awesomer still. that show is hilarious if you get to see a good one. (not that CN has actually ever showed a good one) Oh and dont diss retarted people its not right and I will report abuse.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bwing55543

    bwing55543

    [95]Oct 30, 2005
    • member since: 07/26/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 311
    anubis145 wrote:
    As awesome as Rurouni Kenshin is Bugs Bunny is awesomer still. that show is hilarious if you get to see a good one. (not that CN has actually ever showed a good one) Oh and dont diss retarted people its not right and I will report abuse.


    I don't mean people with mental disabilities! I just mean really dumb people!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Wolf3sc99

    Wolf3sc99

    [96]Nov 3, 2005
    • member since: 09/04/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 1,217
    Hey Everyone!

    ruroken was my faveorite show on cn, and they should seriously bring it back! i know they have dvds, but they're so expensive!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of meb955

    meb955

    [97]Nov 4, 2005
    • member since: 11/03/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 371
    well, i read the entire file seeing if anyone knew what they were talking about on this. not finding evidence of that, please allow me to point out a few things:

    -- cartoon network lost the licensing rights to kenshin in march. that's why the series stopped when it did (before kyoto), and why it will NEVER be coming back to cartoon network.

    -- kenshin first ran as part of toonami, and that is why it was edited (by the company that translated it, btw, not by cn): different broadcast standards for different audiences. had it moved to adult swim, the editing would have been the same.

    -- cartoon network is doing just fine in the ratings, despite all the "horrible" shows currently on it's schedule. in fact, it is one of the top cable networks in the country. while i certainly don't care for many of the shows on now, obviously many people do. and any network will always go to where the money is, i.e. where the viewers are.

    -- cartoon network is a big reason anime has found an audience in this country. it was willing to show non-pokemon (therefore riskier) listings such as sailor moon and tenchi muyo and cowboy bebop and trigun when no one else would -- and rurouni kenshin, for that matter. and they deserve credit for now running with full metal alchemist, samurai champloo and evangelion nearly uncut.

    now, with all that said, i have never defended cartoon network's pathetic treatment of it's viewers with it's frequent programming foulups. kenshin was one of those -- keeping it off the air and then putting it back on (when it knew the date it would need to stop) before kyoto, all the while the manga is selling like blockbusters. it is a scenario that has been played out over and over, and likely will again.

    and as for bugs bunny, cartoon network also holds the rights to rocky and bullwinkle and have kept it off the air for a few years now, while the dvds rake in the cash for disney. who can figure? but the network does make money.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bwing55543

    bwing55543

    [98]Nov 4, 2005
    • member since: 07/26/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 311
    Let's face it. Cartoon Network has completely gone to hell.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Wolf3sc99

    Wolf3sc99

    [99]Nov 5, 2005
    • member since: 09/04/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 1,217
    so true. they've taken all the good shows off and put on crappy shows.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Wolf3sc99

    Wolf3sc99

    [100]Nov 5, 2005
    • member since: 09/04/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 1,217
    meb955 wrote:
    well, i read the entire file seeing if anyone knew what they were talking about on this. not finding evidence of that, please allow me to point out a few things:

    -- cartoon network lost the licensing rights to kenshin in march. that's why the series stopped when it did (before kyoto), and why it will NEVER be coming back to cartoon network.

    -- kenshin first ran as part of toonami, and that is why it was edited (by the company that translated it, btw, not by cn): different broadcast standards for different audiences. had it moved to adult swim, the editing would have been the same.

    -- cartoon network is doing just fine in the ratings, despite all the "horrible" shows currently on it's schedule. in fact, it is one of the top cable networks in the country. while i certainly don't care for many of the shows on now, obviously many people do. and any network will always go to where the money is, i.e. where the viewers are.

    -- cartoon network is a big reason anime has found an audience in this country. it was willing to show non-pokemon (therefore riskier) listings such as sailor moon and tenchi muyo and cowboy bebop and trigun when no one else would -- and rurouni kenshin, for that matter. and they deserve credit for now running with full metal alchemist, samurai champloo and evangelion nearly uncut.

    now, with all that said, i have never defended cartoon network's pathetic treatment of it's viewers with it's frequent programming foulups. kenshin was one of those -- keeping it off the air and then putting it back on (when it knew the date it would need to stop) before kyoto, all the while the manga is selling like blockbusters. it is a scenario that has been played out over and over, and likely will again.

    and as for bugs bunny, cartoon network also holds the rights to rocky and bullwinkle and have kept it off the air for a few years now, while the dvds rake in the cash for disney. who can figure? but the network does make money.


    i totally agree. ...with everthing...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.