Samurai X Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2003)

Cartoon Network needs to bring this show back

amatorawriter

[81]Aug 25, 2005
    • level: 5
    EVERYONE GOTTA SMILE!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

animefan828

[82]Aug 25, 2005
    • level: 15
    Yep.

amatorawriter

[83]Aug 26, 2005

animefan828

[84]Aug 30, 2005
    Haha.

amatorawriter

[85]Aug 31, 2005
    We laugh... but we're all crying on the inside...

animefan828

[86]Aug 31, 2005
    Sure...

amatorawriter

[87]Sep 1, 2005
    (

dacewlgurl101

[88]Sep 7, 2005
    • level: 16
    bwing55543 wrote:
    These people took off the Bugs Bunny cartoons of all things. What do you expect. If it doesn't appeal to babies or retards, CN won't show it.

lol i agree there shows know SUCK HARD

animefan828

[89]Sep 11, 2005
    Yup.

Mahado

[90]Oct 10, 2005
    • level: 4

bwing55543

[91]Oct 15, 2005
    • level: 7
    dacewlgurl101 wrote:
    bwing55543 wrote:
    These people took off the Bugs Bunny cartoons of all things. What do you expect. If it doesn't appeal to babies or retards, CN won't show it.

lol i agree there shows know SUCK HARD

More people agree with me.

rksexy2finger

[92]Oct 19, 2005
    nope never seen this show but i prob wouldn't like it but i still think it's not as bad as those new shows i mean god those new shows suck so hard first of all there loosing viewers and those dumbuts keep putting this gay s*it on of corse it's not gonna gain viewers what do u expect and with this juniper lee and this puffy thing the prob don't even get paid 10 cents an hour.i wish cn would stop feeding us with this crap like juniper lee and hi hi and just get a life and air good shows like ppg,courage,dex,eene etc.

volleyballLvr

[93]Oct 20, 2005
    • level: 2
    I miss this show so much....
    Oh by the way, some people mentioned Yu Yu Hakusho it comes back Oct 21 @ 4:30am! It's not Kenshin but it is a start.

anubis145

[94]Oct 20, 2005
    • level: 9
    As awesome as Rurouni Kenshin is Bugs Bunny is awesomer still. that show is hilarious if you get to see a good one. (not that CN has actually ever showed a good one) Oh and dont diss retarted people its not right and I will report abuse.

bwing55543

[95]Oct 30, 2005
    anubis145 wrote:
    As awesome as Rurouni Kenshin is Bugs Bunny is awesomer still. that show is hilarious if you get to see a good one. (not that CN has actually ever showed a good one) Oh and dont diss retarted people its not right and I will report abuse.

I don't mean people with mental disabilities! I just mean really dumb people!

Wolf3sc99

[96]Nov 3, 2005
    • level: 10
    Hey Everyone!

ruroken was my faveorite show on cn, and they should seriously bring it back! i know they have dvds, but they're so expensive!

meb955

[97]Nov 4, 2005
    well, i read the entire file seeing if anyone knew what they were talking about on this. not finding evidence of that, please allow me to point out a few things:

-- cartoon network lost the licensing rights to kenshin in march. that's why the series stopped when it did (before kyoto), and why it will NEVER be coming back to cartoon network.

-- kenshin first ran as part of toonami, and that is why it was edited (by the company that translated it, btw, not by cn): different broadcast standards for different audiences. had it moved to adult swim, the editing would have been the same.

-- cartoon network is doing just fine in the ratings, despite all the "horrible" shows currently on it's schedule. in fact, it is one of the top cable networks in the country. while i certainly don't care for many of the shows on now, obviously many people do. and any network will always go to where the money is, i.e. where the viewers are.

-- cartoon network is a big reason anime has found an audience in this country. it was willing to show non-pokemon (therefore riskier) listings such as sailor moon and tenchi muyo and cowboy bebop and trigun when no one else would -- and rurouni kenshin, for that matter. and they deserve credit for now running with full metal alchemist, samurai champloo and evangelion nearly uncut.

now, with all that said, i have never defended cartoon network's pathetic treatment of it's viewers with it's frequent programming foulups. kenshin was one of those -- keeping it off the air and then putting it back on (when it knew the date it would need to stop) before kyoto, all the while the manga is selling like blockbusters. it is a scenario that has been played out over and over, and likely will again.

and as for bugs bunny, cartoon network also holds the rights to rocky and bullwinkle and have kept it off the air for a few years now, while the dvds rake in the cash for disney. who can figure? but the network does make money.

bwing55543

[98]Nov 4, 2005
    Let's face it. Cartoon Network has completely gone to hell.

Wolf3sc99

[99]Nov 5, 2005
    so true. they've taken all the good shows off and put on crappy shows.

Wolf3sc99

[100]Nov 5, 2005
    meb955 wrote:
    well, i read the entire file seeing if anyone knew what they were talking about on this. not finding evidence of that, please allow me to point out a few things:

-- cartoon network lost the licensing rights to kenshin in march. that's why the series stopped when it did (before kyoto), and why it will NEVER be coming back to cartoon network.

-- kenshin first ran as part of toonami, and that is why it was edited (by the company that translated it, btw, not by cn): different broadcast standards for different audiences. had it moved to adult swim, the editing would have been the same.

-- cartoon network is doing just fine in the ratings, despite all the "horrible" shows currently on it's schedule. in fact, it is one of the top cable networks in the country. while i certainly don't care for many of the shows on now, obviously many people do. and any network will always go to where the money is, i.e. where the viewers are.

-- cartoon network is a big reason anime has found an audience in this country. it was willing to show non-pokemon (therefore riskier) listings such as sailor moon and tenchi muyo and cowboy bebop and trigun when no one else would -- and rurouni kenshin, for that matter. and they deserve credit for now running with full metal alchemist, samurai champloo and evangelion nearly uncut.

now, with all that said, i have never defended cartoon network's pathetic treatment of it's viewers with it's frequent programming foulups. kenshin was one of those -- keeping it off the air and then putting it back on (when it knew the date it would need to stop) before kyoto, all the while the manga is selling like blockbusters. it is a scenario that has been played out over and over, and likely will again.

and as for bugs bunny, cartoon network also holds the rights to rocky and bullwinkle and have kept it off the air for a few years now, while the dvds rake in the cash for disney. who can figure? but the network does make money.

i totally agree. ...with everthing...