Samurai X Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2003)

Cartoon Network needs to bring this show back

GUNDAMDEATHSYTE

[101]Nov 5, 2005
    • level: 4
    Wolf3sc99 wrote:
    so true. they've taken all the good shows off and put on crappy shows.

yup they sure have.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GUNDAMDEATHSYTE

[102]Nov 5, 2005
    • level: 4
    Orbots wrote:
    I have to agree with everyone on this board...CN sucks...In the height of the anime era on CN in 1997 (when Toonami first aired) We had shows like Thundercats, a classic Superman short, extreme sports interviews, Voltron, Birdman, and The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest. Toonami's debut was in an atmosphere that felt nothing like the rest of Cartoon Network. And remember when Robotech premiered on CN during the first Toonami block. It was the best thing every on the air. We also had Rurouni Kenshin, Outlaw Star, Gundam Wing, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inuyasha, Dragonball Z, Ronin Warriors, Zoids, Cyborg009, .hack//SIGN, Tenchi Muyo, Cowboy Bebop, Big O (I wish this it had more episodes), G-Gundam, Mobile Suit Gundam, 08th MS Team. Hey what ever happen to PILOT CANDIDATE!!! We need shows like this to make a come back. Didn't you love it when they showed Blue Submarine no.6 was on Toonami. These shows what mad me love anime even more. I hunger for more shows like these. But there where also good show that was not part of the anime line up like Samurai Jack, He-Man and the Master of the Universe and Reboot. Why not re-run these shows and give us something else to watch beside Kid's Next Door or Junitper Lee or the washed out old pokemon. But we all know when CN went all darkside on us. Was when the fall of 2001 CN annouced that they was bringing some of Toonami's lineup to KWB. Which I say was one of the most stupidest ideals every made by man. Leave our good show where they suppose to be at. SO PLEASE CN BRING BACK ALL OF OURS SHOWS!!!!!!!

stop it before you make me cry. (jk)
    those were the good ol days when i was in elem. rushing home to watch Toonami and staying up late just to see Gundam Wing again my fav. of all time!

bwing55543

[103]Nov 11, 2005
    • level: 7
    I really miss the good old days too. The best lineup they ever had: Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, YuYu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin.

Other good shows include Outlaw Star, Tenchi, and Mobil Fighter G Gundam.

vanillalove

[104]Nov 22, 2005
    • level: 1
    god, wuts the reason they put it off when it just started to get into the good parts they're so retarded. and they NEED to get rid of the kiddie shows. or rurouni kenshin needs to move to toonami! i wish like every day at like 11 or something. and they take out all the edits. that would b awsm~!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meb955

[105]Nov 23, 2005
    • level: 5
    let me try this one more time -- cartoon network lost the rights to broadcast the show and had no choice but to pull it when they did. they can no longer show it in america, and kenshin will never return on that network. as i've already tried to explain.

and even if it did (which it won't) and it did get to adult swim, the edit wouldn't change because cn didn't do the edit. now, while it may be theoretically possible for the network to show unedited dubs available for purchase, as of now it's not in programming format that way.

it's nice to dream, but there's nothing wrong with realism and actually understanding what the problem is (besides cn's infamous scheduling reputation).

bwing55543

[106]Nov 25, 2005
    meb955 wrote:
    let me try this one more time -- cartoon network lost the rights to broadcast the show and had no choice but to pull it when they did. they can no longer show it in america, and kenshin will never return on that network. as i've already tried to explain.

and even if it did (which it won't) and it did get to adult swim, the edit wouldn't change because cn didn't do the edit. now, while it may be theoretically possible for the network to show unedited dubs available for purchase, as of now it's not in programming format that way.

it's nice to dream, but there's nothing wrong with realism and actually understanding what the problem is (besides cn's infamous scheduling reputation).

About the edits. Outlaw Star was shown on Toonami, then on Adult Swim. However, the edit was the same with episode 23 cut out, no profanity, and Melfina having a bikini in the navigational tube.

The problem with Cartoon Network is that now, they're trying to play it safe with shows that will appeal to as wide of an audience as possible, which doesn't necessarily mean good shows. During the old days of Toonami, Cartoon Network was really taking risks with Non-Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh! type anime.

fire_tamer

[107]Nov 29, 2005
    Why did CN loose the rights to broadcast the show?

meb955

[108]Nov 29, 2005
    fire_tamer wrote:

i've never been able to find a firm reason for it, just speculation. much of the latter centers on the fact that rk never fit on toonami, where cartoon network first had it. the demographic it generated was older than what the network was looking for. plus, it is an older anime series and doesen't fit into the modern look of adult swim (except for eva, of course, but that's never been shown). the general theory is that cartoon network didn't feel it was worth the higher cost requested (due to the strong manga sales) to renew an older and already twice-run series, so they let it go in march.

remember, this is the same network that dropped sailor moon (after running it into the ground), tenchi and outlaw star, and currently have case closed and cyborg 009 on indefinite haitus.

whatever the reason, it is gone for good. time to go back and watch my tapes.

bwing55543

[109]Nov 29, 2005
    meb955 wrote:
    fire_tamer wrote:

i've never been able to find a firm reason for it, just speculation. much of the latter centers on the fact that rk never fit on toonami, where cartoon network first had it. the demographic it generated was older than what the network was looking for. plus, it is an older anime series and doesen't fit into the modern look of adult swim (except for eva, of course, but that's never been shown). the general theory is that cartoon network didn't feel it was worth the higher cost requested (due to the strong manga sales) to renew an older and already twice-run series, so they let it go in march.

remember, this is the same network that dropped sailor moon (after running it into the ground), tenchi and outlaw star, and currently have case closed and cyborg 009 on indefinite haitus.

whatever the reason, it is gone for good. time to go back and watch my tapes.

I really loved Outlaw Star.

fire_tamer

[110]Dec 1, 2005
    [QUOTE="meb955]
    whatever the reason, it is gone for good. time to go back and watch my tapes.[/QUOTE]

I rent the DVD's at Video Avenue. The one close to my house has the whole series.

meb955

[111]Dec 1, 2005
    wow. even the oavs and the movie? that's a great source. you are fortunate. i bought them all on tape, so i can pop them in whenever i'm in the mood.

fire_tamer

[112]Dec 4, 2005
    meb955 wrote:
    wow. even the oavs and the movie? that's a great source. you are fortunate. i bought them all on tape, so i can pop them in whenever i'm in the mood.

Yeah, it has the OVA's and movies too. Quite lucky for me because I just started watching the anime the time it ran at 10:30 on Toonami and just got to Raijuta's part.

kwchou1

[113]Dec 21, 2005
    • level: 3
    I didn't really start watching CN/AS until about 2 years ago, so I guess I missed this golden age of CN. However, AS is showing some great anime -- FullMetal Alchemist is phenomenal.

I loved Kenshin, it was one of first anime I saw when I started watching anime. When they took it off the air, I had to buy the DVDs. So I get all the Kenshin I need.

bwing55543

[114]Dec 29, 2005
    kwchou1 wrote:
    I didn't really start watching CN/AS until about 2 years ago, so I guess I missed this golden age of CN.

Yep. You sure did.

They freakin' took the Bugs Bunny cartoons off now! They took off Tom and Jerry a little while ago too.

Shiozaki

[115]Jan 18, 2006
    • level: 2
    I no iv come late into this but i got to say my peace just so ya all no my memory isnt what it should be but as I remember it I was there from the beginning or close to it they still had the space ghost guy hosting toonami, the day I got primestar and I turned it to CN and there it was dbz i thought it was db because a old tv channel had once shown the frist 13 episodes a long time ago.

It was great back then I mean we had thunder cats sailor moon and dbz gundam wing Reboot and even more i can remember as the years went by outlaw star came around which if your a fan you NEED to watch the uncut dvds trust me, and then there was blue sub no.6 which was short only around 6 eps even after gundam wing went over G and Moble Gundam came and all was good and after those two had gone Bye bye we got the 0080 and 0083 gundams which was what started up Adult Swim it was call somthing eles but i cant remember around that time uncut yu yu haksho came on we were happy then Rurouni Kenshin was there and we were still happy. adult swim came in to being with Blue Gender Trigun Cowboy Bebop And last but not lest Fooly Cooly it was great but then it started happening good show were disappering yu yu, kenshin, gone and pokemon and yu-gi-oh appeared in there place.

Then Toonnai was gone and magoze or whatever took its place
    still we wernt to bad off we had new yu yu and kenshin was back on new good show like teen titen and megas xlr were there to take up the slack and adult swim was going stronge
    still after a whill yu yu got moved to 5:30 AM and kenshin was gone forever. great shows like megas xlr were replaced with crap like hi hi puffy and (deep breath) super robot monkey team hipper force go ..... and foster home for imageary friends now why not take this crap off it put back on some good old anime who noes, will CN ever be the same most likey no but hey we still got are menorys Right.

Anybody who can fill in shows I forgot pleaese do so

WynautGirl

[116]Feb 2, 2006
    Well, the removal of Rurouni Kenshin made tears fall from my eyes... yes, it would be nice to see it's return, however, I lack a TV to watch it with.

Darkknight313

[117]Nov 30, 2007
    • level: 28
    They definatly need to bring this show back.

justsomekid290

[118]Aug 6, 2008

this show is totally awsome i dont get why they even took it off in the first place i mean whats the point if so many people love the show