Samurai X Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2003)

Favorite Villan? or Kenshin opponent

Nicholasjc

[21]Aug 27, 2006
    • level: 1
    xtermin92 wrote:
    Shishio Makoto is the most powerful character and villain. all he had to do was punch kenshin in the middle of their battle and he goes down. and if he had kept attacking after kenshin was down he would have killed him. shishio rulez.

I have only seen the anime, "Samurai X" and My favourite Kenshin opponent is Shogo Amacusa A.K.A. The Son of GOD. I dont know if he appears in the manga.

Shishio Makoto is not the most powerful character in the series/manga. The most powerful character is Hiko Sejiro XIII (Niitsu Kakunoshin), Kenshin's master. He is a true master of the Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu and also has the body stature to utilize it to its maximum potential. He is virtually unbeatable. Kenshin only defeated him because Hiko allowed him to (necessary to teach the Ama Kakeru Ryu no Hirameki). And you can technically say that he was an opponent of Kenshin when he taught the technique, so I will say Hiko Sejiro XIII is my favorite character.
    Edited on 04/08/2007 8:06pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

blackmagechris1

[22]Sep 20, 2006
    • level: 12

My favorites villians/opponents are Aoshi, Saito, Shishio, Anji, Enishi, and Gein.

Trollwrangler

[23]Oct 8, 2006
    • level: 5

My favorite was Jin-e just because of his sheerly maddenning personality.

Off topic; who's stronger? Saito or Jin-e? And don't just choose Saito cause he's a favorite, really look at their abilities.

SaitoGatotsu58

[24]Oct 8, 2006
    • level: 11

That's a rediculous question.  Saito and Jinnei are at entirely different levels.  As Sanosuke said in Vol. 23 of the manga, the only person that can beat Saito (when he's not injured) is Kenshin.

F1ames

[25]Oct 13, 2006
    • level: 7
    but even if saito was at perfect health, i doubt he could have beaten shishio cause i dont think saito has enough diversity. his only good technique is the gatotsu, and if he attacks someone with it enough times, its too easy to figure out a way around it.
    Edited on 10/13/2006 7:10pm

SaitoGatotsu58

[26]Oct 14, 2006

F1ames wrote:
    but even if saito was at perfect health, i doubt he could have beaten shishio cause i dont think saito has enough diversity. his only good technique is the gatotsu, and if he attacks someone with it enough times, its too easy to figure out a way around it.

There are four forms of Gatotsu, plus the new variation that he used while fighting Seiryu.

CVPWaveMaster

[27]Oct 14, 2006
    • level: 16
    Trollwrangler wrote:

My favorite was Jin-e just because of his sheerly maddenning personality.

Off topic; who's stronger? Saito or Jin-e? And don't just choose Saito cause he's a favorite, really look at their abilities.

Well I'd say Saito would win, because his swordsman spirit is to strong to fall under the Shin-no-ippo spell. And if you think about it, Jin-e only cared about killing others, whether if it was on his men or his enimes. Saito believes in slaying evil immeditely. Plus Jin-e worried about facing Kenshin when he was closer to his hitokiri self. Because Jin-e prided himself on slaying the weak for his blood lust. But then he took Kenshin seriously and worried about the next attack. Imagine facing off against Saito, when he shows no signs of regret for killing others. His belief of Slaying Evil is absolute. Despite the fact that he failed to kill Makoto, he added as Kenshin's lost strength. And that's why Saito would win against evil like Jin-e.
    Edited on 10/14/2006 10:44pm

SoldierOfGod731

[28]Dec 28, 2006
    • level: 4
    I think it would be Shishio or Shougo Amakusa. But if you would really insist on making Saito a villain, I would choose him. He is so cool, strong, determined and intelligent. However, considering him a villain is a bit improper. After all, he's the one who "helps" Kenshin in fighting the bad guys.

Hyou_Gattai

[29]Jan 22, 2007
    • level: 9
    Shishio, but he never used his secret sword KAGEZUCHI, i wonder what it was like,
    Sojiro, his Shuntesatsu was wicked
    Enishi, however didnt like the end of the battle

SaitoGatotsu58

[30]Jan 22, 2007
    Hyou_Gattai wrote:
    Shishio, but he never used his secret sword KAGEZUCHI, i wonder what it was like,

Shishio did use the Kagezuchi; it just didn't work.

Hyou_Gattai

[31]Jan 22, 2007
    SaitoGatotsu58 wrote:
    Hyou_Gattai wrote:

Shishio did use the Kagezuchi; it just didn't work.
    his sword only was in flames, but we never get to see the hit, or what type of scar would leave etc...

adypytyc

[32]Mar 29, 2007
    • level: 5
    seta and shogu....i think next to hiko they were the strongest ever.my top 5 pwrful carac. in oreder are: hiko shogu seta kenshin shishio...anyway who would win in a match aoshi vs saito?

Crusnic

[33]Mar 30, 2007
    • level: 4
    The Kurgasa Udo Jin-e is still my favorite villan

God_Is_Watching

[34]Apr 5, 2007
    • level: 2
    Shishio without a doubt.

lequericacalvo

[35]May 7, 2007
    • level: 32
    Intranetusa wrote:

Shinsengumi related:

Saito Hajime, Okita Sôji (1st Captain of Shinsengumi, the guy with tuberculosis), Jini-e Kurosaga

Oniwaban related:

Aoshi, Han'nya, Hyottoko (Fat guy w/ fire), Shikijô (guy with ball and chain), Beshimi (guy with darts)

Kanryu w/ gattling gun

Juppongatana:

Makato Shisio, Seta Sôjirô, Uonuma Usui, Anji, Transvestite, Houji, Chô, Kamatari (transvestite), Hariwa Henya (Bat/Flying guy), Iwanbo (Fat retarded guy), Fuji & Rôjin (brawn & brain guy)

Misc.:

Raijûta, Jinpo Squad leader, Sano (pre-friendship w/ Kenshin), Sano's bombmaking friend, Enishi

The Juppongatana are my favs.

10104evr

[36]May 17, 2007
    • level: 6
    saitoh! although he was more of the good guy towards the end of the series. other than that, it's anji the mad monk. i also like shogo amakusa, because he was able to surpass kenshin's speed. if he was able to learn the amakakeru ryuno hirameki, he would be unbeatable.

ensatsu-ken

[37]May 18, 2007
    • level: 19
    10104evr wrote:
    saitoh! although he was more of the good guy towards the end of the series. other than that, it's anji the mad monk. i also like shogo amakusa, because he was able to surpass kenshin's speed. if he was able to learn the amakakeru ryuno hirameki, he would be unbeatable.

Yeah, Saito was awesome (by far my favorite character in RK ). However, I'd say that as a villain, Enishi was the best .

anubis145

[38]May 18, 2007
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    10104evr wrote:

Yeah, Saito was awesome (by far my favorite character in RK ). However, I'd say that as a villain, Enishi was the best .
    Enishi was an amazing villain. I love it when the villain is opposing the hero for an understandable reason. I think Saito's awesome too. I like the way he only uses 5 attacks, but he can use them in such a way he can match someone like Aoshi or Kenshin who have (at a conservative estimate) 4,687,432,668,376,435,876,875 techniques.

ensatsu-ken

[39]May 18, 2007
    • level: 19
    anubis145 wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    10104evr wrote:

Enishi was an amazing villain. I love it when the villain is opposing the hero for an understandable reason. I think Saito's awesome too. I like the way he only uses 5 attacks, but he can use them in such a way he can match someone like Aoshi or Kenshin who have (at a conservative estimate) 4,687,432,668,376,435,876,875 techniques.

So true. Also, the thing I love most about Enishi, is how you can just tell that he's phsycotically twisted. I guess I just have a thing for twisted villains such as Enishi (other examples would be Sensui from Yu Yu Hakusho, and I also used to like Light, until he became a total ass ).

anubis145

[40]May 19, 2007
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    anubis145 wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    10104evr wrote:

So true. Also, the thing I love most about Enishi, is how you can just tell that he's phsycotically twisted. I guess I just have a thing for twisted villains such as Enishi (other examples would be Sensui from Yu Yu Hakusho, and I also used to like Light, until he became a total ass ).
    I liked Sensui and Light too. Actually, I thought Sensui's accomplices Amanumi and Mitarai were better, but Sensui was still cool. On a totally random note, Doctor and Sniper have the most amazing powers ever.