Samurai X Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2003)

kenshin vs. naruto

Crusnic

[141]Sep 11, 2007
    • level: 4
    The Legendary Hitokori Battosai Manslayer Vs. Some Gay social outcast in an orange jumpsuit, Kenshin is millions of times better, Also Kenshin could bairly beat Yu Yu Hakusho I'm not sure thats true, but if it where it's cause Yuska isnt a **** in an orange jump suit. Also Yu Yu Hakusho= PWN@G3
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

anubis145

[142]Sep 11, 2007
    • level: 9
    Yeah, a social outcast in a jumpsuit who is also immune to all forms of harm Kenshin is capable of inflicting on him and able to demolish a city with little effort. Since when can Kenshin do anything comparable to that? Come on. Let's hear you say something about their abilities, rather than your biased opinion.

BTW, WTF? Social outcast? He's only loved by 40+ important people who have been drastically changed by him.... Though it's not like he was able to save the world from destruction at the hands of an immortal fox on the day he was born... wait, no he's done that too.

ensatsu-ken

[143]Sep 11, 2007
    • level: 19

anubis145 wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    ironkinco wrote:
    Ummm maybe everyone should watch all the EPs of rurouni Kenshin and naruto befor saying stuff like naruto would win or kenshin would win...i olny see half of kenshin and some of naruto so i cant really say one would win...olny thing i see is both a tie kenshind didnt get the title manslayer for nothing and naruto didnt get fox demon for nothing...so i think its a tie...you others may think one would win over the other...if you seen the all the EPs and figure out who would win...then you can say one or the other would win
    I have seen most of the episodes of the anime, and have read most of the manga for Kenshin. I am also up to date with the Naruto manga. With that said, I can tell you for sure, that Naruto would easily win in a fight between the 2 of them, past the Chuunin Exams. However, as far as a comparison of the series go, Rurouni Kenshin is at least a thousand times better than Naruto, in my eyes. It can be summed up like this: Naruto beats Kenshin, but.... Rurouni Kenshin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Naruto
    May I know by what standard you rate shows, if Kenshin is a thousand times better than Naruto and only slightly better than Yuyu Hakusho?

I rate a show by how much it can entertain me, how much I like the characters, and how much it can addict me to watch more episodes. And don't forget, its my opinion. Just because YYH seems like an avereage shounen to you, doesn't mean that everyone else should look at it the same way.

With Yu Yu Hakusho, unlike with your average shounen, I was always dying with anticipation for what would happen in the next episode. Not only that, but each season/arc had a unique feel to it, and felt different from the previous arcs, which kept Yu Yu Hakusho fresh as an entire series. I really liked some of the one-liners in the English dub (and YYH has my favorite English dub, next to Cowboy Bebop ).

Also, if you want more of my criteria for how I rate anime, you should go check out the thread for that, in which I posted most of my criteria (which should be located somewhere on the 1st page of the animation forum).

With shows such as Naruto and Bleach, I found almost every moment to be predictable, and many of the characters from Naruto, made it worse, since so many of them are so annoying, always having something to wine and b!tch about. With YYH, I always felt that it had more of a: "Screw it! I don't give a sh!t about your feelings. I'm just gonna kick yer' ass anyways!" . I realize that what I just said may not make a whole lot of sense, but lets just say that its the overall tone/attitude of YYH, that I find to be one of the best aspects of the series. I also like how they don't go overboard with the back stories, as so many other shounen tend to do (and you cannot deny that this is one of Naruto's MAJOR FAULTS ).

Edited on 09/11/2007 7:29pm

anubis145

[144]Sep 12, 2007
    ensatsu-ken wrote:

anubis145 wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    ironkinco wrote:
    Ummm maybe everyone should watch all the EPs of rurouni Kenshin and naruto befor saying stuff like naruto would win or kenshin would win...i olny see half of kenshin and some of naruto so i cant really say one would win...olny thing i see is both a tie kenshind didnt get the title manslayer for nothing and naruto didnt get fox demon for nothing...so i think its a tie...you others may think one would win over the other...if you seen the all the EPs and figure out who would win...then you can say one or the other would win
    I have seen most of the episodes of the anime, and have read most of the manga for Kenshin. I am also up to date with the Naruto manga. With that said, I can tell you for sure, that Naruto would easily win in a fight between the 2 of them, past the Chuunin Exams. However, as far as a comparison of the series go, Rurouni Kenshin is at least a thousand times better than Naruto, in my eyes. It can be summed up like this: Naruto beats Kenshin, but.... Rurouni Kenshin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Naruto
    May I know by what standard you rate shows, if Kenshin is a thousand times better than Naruto and only slightly better than Yuyu Hakusho?

I rate a show by how much it can entertain me, how much I like the characters, and how much it can addict me to watch more episodes. And don't forget, its my opinion. Just because YYH seems like an avereage shounen to you, doesn't mean that everyone else should look at it the same way.

With Yu Yu Hakusho, unlike with your average shounen, I was always dying with anticipation for what would happen in the next episode. Not only that, but each season/arc had a unique feel to it, and felt different from the previous arcs, which kept Yu Yu Hakusho fresh as an entire series. I really liked some of the one-liners in the English dub (and YYH has my favorite English dub, next to Cowboy Bebop ).

Also, if you want more of my criteria for how I rate anime, you should go check out the thread for that, in which I posted most of my criteria (which should be located somewhere on the 1st page of the animation forum).

With shows such as Naruto and Bleach, I found almost every moment to be predictable, and many of the characters from Naruto, made it worse, since so many of them are so annoying, always having something to wine and b!tch about. With YYH, I always felt that it had more of a: "Screw it! I don't give a sh!t about your feelings. I'm just gonna kick yer' ass anyways!" . I realize that what I just said may not make a whole lot of sense, but lets just say that its the overall tone/attitude of YYH, that I find to be one of the best aspects of the series. I also like how they don't go overboard with the back stories, as so many other shounen tend to do (and you cannot deny that this is one of Naruto's MAJOR FAULTS ).

"how much it entertains you" That's the best standard in the world lol

I'm gonna have to watch Cowboy Bebop now if it's better than the YYH dub (which was hilarious and not in the 4Kids way).

Edited on 09/12/2007 7:30pm

ensatsu-ken

[145]Sep 13, 2007
    anubis145 wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:

anubis145 wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    ironkinco wrote:

"how much it entertains you" That's the best standard in the world lol

I'm gonna have to watch Cowboy Bebop now if it's better than the YYH dub (which was hilarious and not in the 4Kids way).

Well, Cowboy Bebop is really only my favorite thanks to Steven Jay Blum . If it weren't for him, it would probably be a step below the YYH dub (but still a great dub, overall ).

anubis145

[147]Sep 13, 2007
    Crusnic wrote:

anubis145 wrote:
    Yeah, a social outcast in a jumpsuit who is also immune to all forms of harm Kenshin is capable of inflicting on him and able to demolish a city with little effort. Since when can Kenshin do anything comparable to that? Come on. Let's hear you say something about their abilities, rather than your biased opinion. BTW, WTF? Social outcast? He's only loved by 40+ important people who have been drastically changed by him.... Though it's not like he was able to save the world from destruction at the hands of an immortal fox on the day he was born... wait, no he's done that too.

Okay first off, last time I checked in the land of water What's his faces zonbatio thingy hurt naruto, Kenshin's sword yeah, oh and Kenshin has GUNS, but Naurto can't dodge bullets, see anything here you ignorant baffoon, maybe you shouldn't be asking WTF to Kenshin PWNing Naruto like the noob he is and more WTF is wrong with your head

Really? Where did Naruto recieve a major wound from a sword? He didn't. If Naruto can survive the Chidori, he can survive anything Kenshin can do. For example, (url=http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/227/18/) A ligthning bolt was just thrust through his heart. (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/228/10-11/) As you can see, his heart and one lung were penetrated (causing deathly bleeding and severe heart attacks, in the best case scenario), (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/228/18/) but that wasn't enough(http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/228/19/) and now he's ready to fight again (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/219/08/) And it's not like blunt trauma is anything to a guy who survived this fall. (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/341/017/) and this crater came from a single attack that Naruto made while he was already tired from severe training and half-dead. Now show me where Kenshin survived a lightning bolt in the chest. Or anything through his chest for that matter. The worst he took was that explosion from Shishio and that was nothing compared to Chidori and Kenshin was down for like half an hour.

KaitouKid47

[148]Oct 1, 2007
    • level: 8
    anubis145 wrote:
    Crusnic wrote:

anubis145 wrote:
    Yeah, a social outcast in a jumpsuit who is also immune to all forms of harm Kenshin is capable of inflicting on him and able to demolish a city with little effort. Since when can Kenshin do anything comparable to that? Come on. Let's hear you say something about their abilities, rather than your biased opinion. BTW, WTF? Social outcast? He's only loved by 40+ important people who have been drastically changed by him.... Though it's not like he was able to save the world from destruction at the hands of an immortal fox on the day he was born... wait, no he's done that too.

Okay first off, last time I checked in the land of water What's his faces zonbatio thingy hurt naruto, Kenshin's sword yeah, oh and Kenshin has GUNS, but Naurto can't dodge bullets, see anything here you ignorant baffoon, maybe you shouldn't be asking WTF to Kenshin PWNing Naruto like the noob he is and more WTF is wrong with your head

Really? Where did Naruto recieve a major wound from a sword? He didn't. If Naruto can survive the Chidori, he can survive anything Kenshin can do. For example, (url=http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/227/18/) A ligthning bolt was just thrust through his heart. (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/228/10-11/) As you can see, his heart and one lung were penetrated (causing deathly bleeding and severe heart attacks, in the best case scenario), (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/228/18/) but that wasn't enough(http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/228/19/) and now he's ready to fight again (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/219/08/) And it's not like blunt trauma is anything to a guy who survived this fall. (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/341/017/) and this crater came from a single attack that Naruto made while he was already tired from severe training and half-dead. Now show me where Kenshin survived a lightning bolt in the chest. Or anything through his chest for that matter. The worst he took was that explosion from Shishio and that was nothing compared to Chidori and Kenshin was down for like half an hour.

I'm on your side. I know that Naruto would win. But I must point out that Kenshin did survive when Shishio stabbed him in the stomach.

8thimpact

[149]Nov 28, 2007
    kenshin would probably beat naruto then break his vow to never kill and cut naruto in two because hes so gay -and aoshi would slice his head and body into pieces for mocking ninjas aoshi would probably massacre everyone else too for insulting ninjas
    Edited on 11/28/2007 9:08pm

ensatsu-ken

[150]Nov 29, 2007

8thimpact wrote:
    kenshin would probably beat naruto then break his vow to never kill and cut naruto in two because hes so gay -and aoshi would slice his head and body into pieces for mocking ninjas aoshi would probably massacre everyone else too for insulting ninjas

As much as I would love to see that, no character from Rurouni Kenshin is capable of doing that to any half-way decent ninja from Naruto (even though most Naruto character don't even deserve to be called ninjas, IMO ).

Edited on 11/29/2007 6:03pm

8thimpact

[151]Nov 29, 2007

no trust me get a pissed off evil aoshi like how he was during the kyoto arc and you will see blood...... blood of a retard in an orange

jumpsuit or any other ninja in naruto and theres always aoshi's brother shinobu whos speed is so great it appears as if he doesnt move at all combined with advanced forms of double kodachi techniques hes a killing machine in every sense

Edited on 11/29/2007 8:26pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Darkknight313

[152]Nov 30, 2007
    • level: 28
    This is not a good topic I remember a topic about Yu Yu Hakusho against Naruto now this will the editor lock this thread please?

blackmagechris1

[153]Dec 1, 2007
    • level: 12
    why does this thread getting bump over and over. Doesn't anybody realize that Naruto a demon inside of him. How do you except Kenshin to fight him, he pours water on his sword. You can't compare a somewhat realise anime to a anime with magical attacks and demons.

8thimpact

[154]Dec 1, 2007
    demon or no demon naruto is still a mentally retarded boy kenshin has lived through a revolution and beating a loser in an orange crossing guard uniform is easy for the legendary battousai the manslayer

Darkknight313

[155]Dec 2, 2007
    blackmagechris1 wrote:
    why does this thread getting bump over and over. Doesn't anybody realize that Naruto a demon inside of him. How do you except Kenshin to fight him, he pours water on his sword. You can't compare a somewhat realise anime to a anime with magical attacks and demons.
    Cause the forum is dead.

anubis145

[156]Dec 2, 2007
    8thimpact wrote:
    demon or no demon naruto is still a mentally retarded boy kenshin has lived through a revolution and beating a loser in an orange crossing guard uniform is easy for the legendary battousai the manslayer
    anubis145 wrote:
    Crusnic wrote:

anubis145 wrote:

Quoting me saves the day again!

anubis145

[157]Dec 2, 2007
    ensatsu-ken wrote:

8thimpact wrote:

As much as I would love to see that, no character from Rurouni Kenshin is capable of doing that to any half-way decent ninja from Naruto (even though most Naruto character don't even deserve to be called ninjas, IMO ).

The people from Shaman King don't deserve to be called Shamans and the people from YYH aren't detectives. What's your point?

Darkknight313

[158]Dec 2, 2007
    anubis145 wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:

8thimpact wrote:

The people from Shaman King don't deserve to be called Shamans and the people from YYH aren't detectives. What's your point?
    Well the people on YYH aren't detectives course there not there spirit detective's and the people on Shaman king are shamans are you really Kishimoto Masashi prove to me you are.

ensatsu-ken

[159]Dec 4, 2007
    anubis145 wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:

8thimpact wrote:

My point is that kids wearing tacky orange jump-suits, or T-shirts, and acting rather arrogant, and in quite a few cases, emo and self-centered, do not deserve to call themselves ninja, and in fact, it feels like a mockery of ninja. I mean, I'm pretty open minded when it comes to stuff like this, but with Naruto, and with a good number of its characters, it just feels like a mockery of ninja. As for Yu Yu Hakusho, there are only 3 people who were ever spirit detectives, and 2 of them were only former spirit detectives, so they don't have to act like them. Also, nobody said that a spirit detective has to be anything like a regular detective. Its just a title, more than anything else.

When it comes to ninja anime, Ninja Scroll (movie) is the king of them all .

anubis145

[160]Dec 7, 2007
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    anubis145 wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:

8thimpact wrote:

My point is that kids wearing tacky orange jump-suits, or T-shirts, and acting rather arrogant, and in quite a few cases, emo and self-centered, do not deserve to call themselves ninja, and in fact, it feels like a mockery of ninja. I mean, I'm pretty open minded when it comes to stuff like this, but with Naruto, and with a good number of its characters, it just feels like a mockery of ninja. As for Yu Yu Hakusho, there are only 3 people who were ever spirit detectives, and 2 of them were only former spirit detectives, so they don't have to act like them. Also, nobody said that a spirit detective has to be anything like a regular detective. Its just a title, more than anything else.

When it comes to ninja anime, Ninja Scroll (movie) is the king of them all .
    Nobody said a Konoha Ninja had to be like a regular ninja

I'll have to check out Ninja Scroll...