Samurai X Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2003)

kenshin vs. naruto

blackmagechris1

[161]Dec 7, 2007
    • level: 12
    :
    When it comes to ninja anime, Ninja Scroll (movie) is the king of them all .
    :
    Nobody said a Konoha Ninja had to be like a regular ninja I'll have to check out Ninja Scroll...
    What about Basilisk, without it, Ninja Scroll woundn't existed. It's possible that Gennosuke was the oringal creator of the Sharingan.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ensatsu-ken

[162]Dec 7, 2007
    • level: 19
    anubis145 wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    anubis145 wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:

8thimpact wrote:
    kenshin would probably beat naruto then break his vow to never kill and cut naruto in two because hes so gay -and aoshi would slice his head and body into pieces for mocking ninjas aoshi would probably massacre everyone else too for insulting ninjas

As much as I would love to see that, no character from Rurouni Kenshin is capable of doing that to any half-way decent ninja from Naruto (even though most Naruto character don't even deserve to be called ninjas, IMO ).

The people from Shaman King don't deserve to be called Shamans and the people from YYH aren't detectives. What's your point?

My point is that kids wearing tacky orange jump-suits, or T-shirts, and acting rather arrogant, and in quite a few cases, emo and self-centered, do not deserve to call themselves ninja, and in fact, it feels like a mockery of ninja. I mean, I'm pretty open minded when it comes to stuff like this, but with Naruto, and with a good number of its characters, it just feels like a mockery of ninja. As for Yu Yu Hakusho, there are only 3 people who were ever spirit detectives, and 2 of them were only former spirit detectives, so they don't have to act like them. Also, nobody said that a spirit detective has to be anything like a regular detective. Its just a title, more than anything else.

Nobody said a Konoha Ninja had to be like a regular ninja

I'll have to check out Ninja Scroll...

True, I suppose....

ensatsu-ken

[163]Dec 7, 2007
    blackmagechris1 wrote:
    :
    :
    Nobody said a Konoha Ninja had to be like a regular ninja I'll have to check out Ninja Scroll...
    What about Basilisk, without it, Ninja Scroll woundn't existed. It's possible that Gennosuke was the oringal creator of the Sharingan.

Wait, what do you mean? If I'm not mistaken, both Basilisk and Ninja Scroll were based off of novels, but the Ninja Scroll book(s) came out "before" Basilisk. Also, the Ninja Scroll movie definitely came out a long time before the manga or the anime for Basilisk. Although, I did mention Basilisk as having more....well...."ninja like" ninjas, on another thread.

blackmagechris1

[164]Dec 8, 2007
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    blackmagechris1 wrote:
    :
    :
    Wait, what do you mean? If I'm not mistaken, both Basilisk and Ninja Scroll were based off of novels, but the Ninja Scroll book(s) came out "before" Basilisk. Also, the Ninja Scroll movie definitely came out a long time before the manga or the anime for Basilisk. Although, I did mention Basilisk as having more....well...."ninja like" ninjas, on another thread.
    Basilisk(Kouga Ninja Scrolls) anime/manga is adapted from the creator's first book of the ninja series back in 1958. Ninja Scroll is a homage to the ninja series.

ensatsu-ken

[165]Dec 8, 2007
    blackmagechris1 wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    blackmagechris1 wrote:
    :
    :
    Basilisk(Kouga Ninja Scrolls) anime/manga is adapted from the creator's first book of the ninja series back in 1958. Ninja Scroll is a homage to the ninja series.

Hmmm....I've never heard that before, but I suppose I can take your word for it .

Tails_Prower7

[166]Dec 22, 2007
    • level: 18
    I think Naruto would win because of his demon fox.

titiembe

[167]Dec 22, 2007
    • level: 44
    As much as I love both shows, I would say Naruto with nine tails, but if it got that far, Naruto would end up killing himself in the process so... I think Naruto would win either way though.

ensatsu-ken

[168]Dec 28, 2007
    titiembe wrote:
    As much as I love both shows, I would say Naruto with nine tails, but if it got that far, Naruto would end up killing himself in the process so... I think Naruto would win either way though.

Don't you realize that Naruto wouldn't even need to release any of Kyuubi's chakra to kill Kenshin (past the Chuunin Exams arc of course).

titiembe

[169]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 44
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    titiembe wrote:

Don't you realize that Naruto wouldn't even need to release any of Kyuubi's chakra to kill Kenshin (past the Chuunin Exams arc of course).

Oh... well then yeah I guess so! But if it was before it could lead to the possibility of what I stated...

Eddy654

[170]Jan 16, 2008
    • level: 18

Naruto is a better anime i know that of topic but it is every manga book that came out sold a million and a half. But naruto is better not to metion anybody in naruto.

Naruto= kyuubi chakra and sahow clones

Sakura=super streangh and great med ninja

Kkashi= sharigan= send your body to another dimention

ensatsu-ken

[171]Jan 16, 2008
    Eddy654 wrote:

Naruto is a better anime i know that of topic but it is every manga book that came out sold a million and a half. But naruto is better not to metion anybody in naruto.

LOL

Narutards are some of the funniest people out there .

knight0017

[172]Jan 17, 2008
    • level: 16
    kenshin win hands down

KaitouKid47

[173]Jan 23, 2008
    • level: 8
    This is still going on? Okay, people this is it. Rurouni Kenshin is a better show than Naruto, but it can't be denied that Naruto would kick Kenshin's ass in a realistic fight. You know why? It's because Naruto has superpowers and Kenshin doesn't. Simple as that.
    Edited on 01/23/2008 6:37pm

goofy5507

[174]Jan 29, 2008
    KaitouKid47 wrote:
    This is still going on? Okay, people this is it. Rurouni Kenshin is a better show than Naruto, but it can't be denied that Naruto would kick Kenshin's ass in a realistic fight. You know why? It's because Naruto has superpowers and Kenshin doesn't. Simple as that.

Yeah it isn't really a fair fight cause Naruto characters have like genjutsu and ninjutsu and well you know what i mean and Kenshin only has his sword skills so..

Damn RK is/was such a great anime/manga to bad they didn't animated the last arc

LordMoe

[175]Jan 31, 2008
    • level: 7
    Eddy654 wrote:

Oh boy, they sold more than other anime? Wow, that is a really good point. I guess the amount of money made from anime is the final decision on which is better. I mean, come on. Our biggest example is the biggest money making anime series, which is probably Pokemon! I think I speak for everyone when I say that Pokemon is the greatest show ever created. And let's not forget DBZ, which is another big money maker. I guess that's the second best show ever. And shows like Rozen Maiden and Elfen Lied suck, because they just don't sell as much. All obscure shows are terrible, and the real gems are the popular shows.

GO NARUTO!!! LET'S SHOW THEM WHAT THE GREATEST SHOW IS!!!! MAKE THAT MONEY!!

KaitouKid47

[176]Feb 1, 2008
    • level: 8

goofy5507 wrote:
    KaitouKid47 wrote:
    Yeah it isn't really a fair fight cause Naruto characters have like genjutsu and ninjutsu and well you know what i mean and Kenshin only has his sword skills so.. Damn RK is/was such a great anime/manga to bad they didn't animated the last arc

Thank you. That's what I've been trying to get across this whole time.

Abel-ninja

[177]Feb 1, 2008
    • level: 5

Naruto is good with the 9 tail fox....but i just gotta go with Kenshin!

Kenshin:Cooler, has a scar, and did i mention he is cooler?-case closed

talonmalon333

[178]Feb 1, 2008
    • level: 27
    Abel-ninja wrote:

Yes... but in a fight ...?

Abel-ninja

[179]Feb 1, 2008
    • level: 5
    talonmalon333 wrote:
    Abel-ninja wrote:

Yes... but in a fight ...?

meh. u got me there!

talonmalon333

[180]Feb 1, 2008
    • level: 27
    I think Naruto could beat him in a fight, but I like Kenshin a whole lot more. He is my fourth favorite anime character (as seen in my recent blog), and Naruto doesn't even deserve a place.