Samurai X Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2003)

TOP SECRET:lost arc of rurouni kenshin

8thimpact

[1]Oct 21, 2007
    • level: 4

as we all know Rk has the Tokyo arc Kyoto arcthe anime only Meiji arc and the true 3rd arc the Jinchuu or revenge arc however ther was a fourth arc in the manga that wasnt released in the U.S or anywhere else only in Japn was it released because i cant find it anywhere not even on the internet or on ebay except once and for 200$it was released obviouslywith a small limited number of copies since i havent seen it in any other manga shop in Kyoto their probably in the back rooms of most manga shops around Japan this is how i discovered it i visited Kyoto in 2005 and with my friend who is american living in Kyoto we went to the international manga museum my freind then led me to the veryback of the museum with special permission from the manger apparently they are good friends as well since they greeted each other graciously and we went to a shelved room with multiple boxes of manga i immediately noticed an RK manga next to some bleach manga on one of the boxes...... i noticed that i didnt recognize that particular volume i assumed it was the Jinchuu arc since it didnt look like any volume from the previous two arcs of manga i had read i bought them at a low discounted price thanks to my friend abel and continued searching i know how to read fluently in japanese thanks to my friend abel so i began reading it at night in my hotel To my amazement it starts off two months after Enishi's defeat this arc focuses more on Aoshi and tells his backstory as well as the main villain's story as well he is Shinobu....... aoshi's older brother yes this arc i have to say is my favorite even though only about 0.1% of RK fans even know of its existence and i dont know if it is considered canon by its creators although everything looks accurate and the danger in this arc is much more epic than the previous ones it is similar to shishio's plot but intensified the viallin is also the exact opposite of shishio its a shame that the best RK arc is sealed away from the public like some mistake when in reality it is a jewel if u want to know more feel free to ask me i have nothing to hide also test me on this manga if u think im lying i would love to send pictures of the cover and some pages but my friend told me the manager was infuriated when he heard i had bought the manga and demanded they be returned which i did it seems not even the manager liked the idea of it reaching the U.S?????? however i do understand why no one wants itto reach the U.S fans ask if u want to know all questions are accepted however PLEASE DONT GO BLABBING ACROSS THE INTERNET WITH THIS KEEP IT ON THIS BLOG OR AT LEAST DONT SAY MY NAME WHEN MENTIONING IT I GOT IN TROUBLE ONCE BEFORE PLEASE DONT LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN

Edited on 10/22/2007 2:53pm
    Edited 5 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KaitouKid47

[2]Oct 23, 2007
    • level: 8
    I guess I believe you...but I would like to see pictures (just to ease my curiosity). Also, you said creators...I'm assuming that means that this is not by Watsuki. If so, it is non-canon.

8thimpact

[3]Oct 23, 2007
    at the moment i forgot watsuki as the creator my bad it has been two years since i last read it and i would love to send you pictures but if you read my explanation above i returned the manga back to the manager at the manga museum before things got hectic and i didnt want my trip to get hectic over manga- however if u so desire ask any questions about the arc its why i posted this some secrets are too juicy to keep to yourself

KaitouKid47

[4]Oct 23, 2007

You shouldn't have returned them. It's not like they were contraband, and the manager had no right to make you do that after you had bought them. That's just bad business (not to mention illegal).

BTW, what's the name of the villain?

Edited on 10/23/2007 5:58pm

8thimpact

[6]Oct 23, 2007
    the manager wasnt the guy who attended to the sale he knew of it later i got my money back its just thatthe manager needed it to stay in the museum because it seems that manga is truly hard to come by and they didnt want to go looking for it again their trying to get every manga ever made for the museum -sorry for not including that the whole set cost me about.....140.00 U.S dollars -it was reduced price thanks to Abel that manga had been mistakenly been placed in the area for buyable mangas which were all the same price according to their size
    Edited on 10/23/2007 8:11pm

8thimpact

[7]Oct 24, 2007
    the villain's name is shinobu he is aoshi's older brother and previous leader of the oniwaban group

KaitouKid47

[8]Oct 24, 2007
    I've looked all over the internet, and haven't found anything about this arc. However, I did find a fanfiction about the Oniwaban Group, and there was a character named Shinobu in the text.

8thimpact

[9]Oct 24, 2007
    my friend this arc isn't fanfiction and the week i came back from kyoto i spent weeks looking for the manga on the web only once did i see it it was in late 2005 on ebay the seller was bearhug90321 and was selling the set for 255$ and typical it was was being sold from tokyo as i said before ask away the arc is hard to forget

8thimpact

[10]Oct 24, 2007
    BTW what was that fanfic about?

8thimpact

[11]Oct 25, 2007
    a message from anubis145 has made me realize an issue i forgot to explain during the beginning the redemption arc was probably originally made as the final ending arc but was the manga was scrapped before it could be widely released so the jinchuu arc was chosen to be the ending arc - im typing from a PS3 internet browser my computer broke a week ago the last thing i would want to do is make a fake thread on a forum typing gets old really quick i would want to do all this typing for a reason
    Edited on 10/25/2007 1:15pm

KaitouKid47

[12]Oct 25, 2007

8thimpact wrote:
    a message from anubis145 has made me realize an issue i forgot to explain during the beginning the redemption arc was probably originally made as the final ending arc but was the manga was scrapped before it could be widely released so the jinchuu arc was chosen to be the ending arc - im typing from a PS3 internet browser my computer broke a week ago the last thing i would want to do is make a fake thread on a forum typing gets old really quick i would want to do all this typing for a reason

That's what I originally thought. But the fourth arc, that Watsuki had been planning took place in Hokkaido and had Anji, Fuji, and Sojirou in it.

8thimpact

[13]Oct 25, 2007
    i heard of that some time ago but heard of it being based on soujiro either way i dont think it would be an arc it would probably be more of a sidestory like the attempt with an adult yahiko and his ventures i am still annoyed that the arc was scrapped the end of jinchuu was probably different before they did that redemption would have fit in nicely with the storyline and have another epic villain to drop some jaws oh well

anubis145

[14]Oct 25, 2007
    • level: 9

I'm %99 certain it's a Doujin or Rurouni Kenshin's "Dragonball AF". If you could provide me with some scans, I could do some tests and I couldn't be 100% certain, but I would probably be able to know if it is a Doujin. I have many reasons to doubt it. For starters, Aoshi's past has been adequately explored (unless we're going by Naruto standards, where only Kenshin's past was adequatlely explored).

Secondly, even if it were hidden, you'd be surprised how many scanlators are involved in the production of the manga. By this point, one of them would certainly have learned of the manga, found an oppurtunity to go to the Manga Museum (possibly even getting a job), taken some shots of the manga with a camera-phone and published them (that's basically what the current scanlators do).

Thirdly, if it were not mass-produced, there would be no more than two or three copies (at least one of which Watsuki would have) and the volumes would by no means be complete, which deviates from your description of some kind of uber-arc.

Fourthly, no museum goes through that much effort to hide something. Mueseums get business by openly displaying things that should be hidden.

Fifthly if it were so secret, it would not be getting moved, especially since it magically avoided the hands of scanlators for years and if it were to moved, it would certainly go nowhere near a place where it could be bought.

Although I highly doubt it, it might just be a Yahiko no Sakabato type story that was never published. Of course, then no efforts would be made to hide it, if the museum had access to it to begin with. It's probably just a Doujin that belonged to one of the employees and was accidentally sold to you.

A variety of searches on various enginesrevealed that the only mention of the Redemption Arc are from tv.com threads that you posted on and the only record of Shinomori Shinobu is in a Digimon fanfic (By the way, Watsuki would not use the word"Shino" twice in a character's name).

Edited on 10/25/2007 5:16pm

8thimpact

[15]Oct 25, 2007
    im not trying to say that the museum wanted to hide it on the contrary i dont have the manga because the museum wanted it to be displayed and acidentally had it in the buyable section and i had to return them at the managers request and i got my money back also do names matter look at these examples kaoru kamiya, sanosuke sagara, misao makimachi obviously watsuki has no problem having names with the same starting or sound so that isnt valid second that manga is likely to be displayed in the museum now if not i dont know where it is im only stating what i saw during my stay in kyoto also this arc only explores aoshi more because the villain is his older brother so aoshi will obviously be in it it states why aoshi is so stern and his brother's decent into chaos amidst the revolution if you feel so strongly about this test me on this arc i remember enough about it to give a decent description but dont expect a word for word account thats impossible

8thimpact

[16]Oct 25, 2007
    by no means is this an uber arc i just favor the villain and the battle however i didnt like the villain's motive for fighting kenshin, enishi to me had the best motive of all the museum also is strict about its manga i dont think you can buy manga from there anymore when i first went in it wasnt even open they were still preparing the site and loading in boxes of manga and some were on sale it wasnt doujin either because doujin always manage to mess up a character's look in at least one panel i dont particularly remember seeing anyone out of character or incorrectly drawn i would say the arc's quality is equivalent to that of the jinchuu arc's illustrations at least thats what i remember i also heard even before i read remption about watsuki making an arc or sidestory for soujiro but it was probably scrapped early on but you never know back in 2004 someone online was blabbing about something called rebuild of evangelion in the works we thought he was some fool who had read a doujin too...

8thimpact

[17]Oct 25, 2007
    i did actually come across this manga once on the web...all other searches have been unsuccessful i found the manga on ebay from seller bearhug90210 from tokyo but it required a paypal account which i wouldnt have because i hate paypal they robbed me of 313.35$ in a past incident on ebay involving a silver chain with a jesus piece and also the price was too high 2 people also from tokyo were having a bidding war it had gone over 200 us dollars so i lost interest ive tried ebay many times again but it hasnt shown up since i can see why you dont believe me its hard to accept a story like this but i will stay true to my claim just dont go overboard with this - i would also like to point out that i mentioned this previously in a post i will now wait until i get a new computer because ive been typing from my PS3 its annoying so i wont be able to anwer any questions for 1-3 days ask questions from the arc so you can tell me if the story matches a doujin
    Edited on 10/25/2007 7:25pm
    Edited 2 total times.

anubis145

[18]Oct 26, 2007
    Shinomori Shinobu. That's four letters repeated twice. Shino is a Japanese word. You claim to know Japanese, yet you obviously didn't know that. This is more than enough to invalidate your story.
    Edited on 10/26/2007 10:59am

8thimpact

[19]Oct 26, 2007
    why are you so persistent on such an insignificant issue such as the name of a character are you insisting that it is impossible to be born with the name shinobu shinomori? you are a strange one my friend i also am not some expert on japanese i merely studied japanese right before my trip to be able to read japanese letters and manga, for some time i was fluent in reading japanese but after 2005 i never built on my skills because i didnt think there was any point to so i would have to study most of it over to be able to read japanese i am not here to convince people of anything i am here for those who do believe me so they can ask questions about this arc and ease any curiousity they have if you don't believe me please let me be your claims don't even make sense you haven't even asked me about the arc because your still contemplating a name
    Edited on 10/26/2007 1:23pm

anubis145

[20]Oct 28, 2007
    But you still should have been able to recognie a simple word like Shino, regardless of how incompetent you are in the language. In Japan, they NEVER repeat a word in the name. Repitition is a Chinese thing. It's against the Japanese culture. Watsuki puts effort into making RK semi-realistic and would not go against something so obvious.

The only mention of a Redemption Arc in reference to Rurouni Kenshin (yes, I had the free time to check every single Google result) were your posts. You are not the only person who would have had access to the manga and the internet, especially if it were displayed in a museum as you claim. Of course, then calling this Top Secret would be pointless. So, pray tell, is it a secret or openly displayed in a museum?

Also, bearhug90201 does not exist. I checked E-Bay.