Samurai X Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2003)

Was rurouni kenshin ever on adault swim?

  • Avatar of uglypug

    uglypug

    [1]Jan 30, 2007
    • member since: 12/07/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 405
    was rurouni kenshin ever on adault swim?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of meb955

    meb955

    [2]Jan 30, 2007
    • member since: 11/03/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 371
    no. for as long as it was on cartoon network, it was never a part of the adult block (one reason for the choppy editing job).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of uglypug

    uglypug

    [3]Jan 31, 2007
    • member since: 12/07/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 405
    okay thanks.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of talonmalon333

    talonmalon333

    [4]Apr 20, 2007
    • member since: 10/06/06
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 6,574
    I don't think this would really fit on Adult Swim. It's not that mature really.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ensatsu-ken

    ensatsu-ken

    [5]Apr 21, 2007
    • member since: 10/24/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 6,686
    talonmalon333 wrote:
    I don't think this would really fit on Adult Swim. It's not that mature really.


    Yes it is. Well, sort of anyways. It is a shounen, I know that, but if you're saying that its not that mature, than neither is Death Note, really, or Yu Yu Hakusho, or Bleach, or any other shounen for that matter. Besides, just so you know, for something that wasn't mature enough to go onto adult swim, they sure did a hell of a lot of edditting for it, especially with the blood. Also, you may change your mind about it not being as mature as some other anime, once you get to the Kyoto arc .
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Deathkids

    Deathkids

    [6]Apr 21, 2007
    • member since: 04/19/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 11
    it was never on adult swim, but it was on Toonami they stopped broadcasting it when Kenshin was fighting Shshori ( sorry if i spelled his name wrong) so I have to start watching it in Japanese, either way the show is really good ^__^
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Abel-ninja

    Abel-ninja

    [7]Apr 22, 2007
    • member since: 03/16/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 13
    its too bad they ended the series...it was really good...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of talonmalon333

    talonmalon333

    [8]Apr 22, 2007
    • member since: 10/06/06
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 6,574

    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    talonmalon333 wrote:
    I don't think this would really fit on Adult Swim. It's not that mature really.
    Yes it is. Well, sort of anyways. It is a shounen, I know that, but if you're saying that its not that mature, than neither is Death Note, really, or Yu Yu Hakusho, or Bleach, or any other shounen for that matter. Besides, just so you know, for something that wasn't mature enough to go onto adult swim, they sure did a hell of a lot of edditting for it, especially with the blood. Also, you may change your mind about it not being as mature as some other anime, once you get to the Kyoto arc .

    When I said that it isn't mature I meant that the violence isn't so bad. But then again, I'm still a bit early in the series... 

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of meb955

    meb955

    [9]Apr 23, 2007
    • member since: 11/03/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 371
    violence isn't the only criteria for adult swim (or else bebop might not have made it). adult themes and content allegedly have as much to do with it as just blood content. but kenshin did have enough to be chopped when it ran in the afternoon -- jin-e's suicide is never shown, for example.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of frank_thetank

    frank_thetank

    [10]Apr 26, 2007
    • member since: 07/18/06
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 2,090
    They didnt show it on adult swim but I think they showed it in toonami.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of qweasdzse

    qweasdzse

    [11]May 1, 2007
    • member since: 05/31/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 1,264

    talonmalon333 wrote:
    I don't think this would really fit on Adult Swim. It's not that mature really.

    I think that is much more mature then many shonen manga. But that isn't only for content but storyline and ideas behind it.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GK-37

    GK-37

    [12]May 7, 2007
    • member since: 07/28/06
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 35

    It wouldn't be on adult swim because it is too optimistic.  If it were in adult swim, Kenshin would have ended up killing someone on the first day.  This is consistant on adult swim.  Almost every series feature leads that kill.  Also, the way the show is presented doesn't lend itself towards something anyone over fifteen can give full respect to.  Also, the thing that shows like Death Note have over this when it comes to maturity are the inherent evil present in every character.  A mature show gives no one a good clear moral path, they show us the world with a twist and we draw the connections on our own.  That is what makes this show comparatively immature.

     

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ensatsu-ken

    ensatsu-ken

    [13]May 7, 2007
    • member since: 10/24/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 6,686
    GK-37 wrote:

    It wouldn't be on adult swim because it is too optimistic.  If it were in adult swim, Kenshin would have ended up killing someone on the first day.  This is consistant on adult swim.  Almost every series feature leads that kill.  Also, the way the show is presented doesn't lend itself towards something anyone over fifteen can give full respect to.  Also, the thing that shows like Death Note have over this when it comes to maturity are the inherent evil present in every character.  A mature show gives no one a good clear moral path, they show us the world with a twist and we draw the connections on our own.  That is what makes this show comparatively immature.

     



    I disagree with all of that. Rurouni Kenshin has plenty of twisted villains, and no one sais that you have to see things the way that Kenshin does, just like you don't have to see the way that Light sees them in Death Note. Also, Trigun is an anime with the main character who has a very optimistic view, and believes that it is wrong to kill people, yet they aired that on Adult Swim. Basically all you're doing is just spewing a bunch of crap out, and trying to show off, pretending that you know what you're talking about, when you really don't.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lequericacalvo

    lequericacalvo

    [14]May 7, 2007
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 4,404
    uglypug wrote:
    was rurouni kenshin ever on adault swim?


    Only in the AD Latin America.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GK-37

    GK-37

    [15]Aug 8, 2007
    • member since: 07/28/06
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 35
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    GK-37 wrote:

    It wouldn't be on adult swim because it is too optimistic. If it were in adult swim, Kenshin would have ended up killing someone on the first day. This is consistant on adult swim. Almost every series feature leads that kill. Also, the way the show is presented doesn't lend itself towards something anyone over fifteen can give full respect to. Also, the thing that shows like Death Note have over this when it comes to maturity are the inherent evil present in every character. A mature show gives no one a good clear moral path, they show us the world with a twist and we draw the connections on our own. That is what makes this show comparatively immature.

    I disagree with all of that. Rurouni Kenshin has plenty of twisted villains, and no one sais that you have to see things the way that Kenshin does, just like you don't have to see the way that Light sees them in Death Note. Also, Trigun is an anime with the main character who has a very optimistic view, and believes that it is wrong to kill people, yet they aired that on Adult Swim. Basically all you're doing is just spewing a bunch of crap out, and trying to show off, pretending that you know what you're talking about, when you really don't.

    I have seen much of trigun and i still disagree with you on this. I do admit that the metion of killing on the first episode was stupid, my main pont probably should have been directed towards the lack of moral ambiguity in the series. Yes, I don't have to see it from Kenshin's view, but even if i don't, his path is never disproven. And I don't think it can work for a mature audience because the arc of the story has too little recognition of the flaws inherent in a morality that leaves little room for error. Most of Kenshin's freinds never even seem close to death (even though they are ocassionally close, the mood never quite shifts enough to give any real impact), for that matter, Kenshin himself is rarely hurt by his morals. Additionally, most of the negativity comes from only the disreputable parts of society or particular people, while the civilians tend to support the protagonists unconditionally. It's almost as though they are saying that 95% are perfect and the other five percent is the interesting group. This brings the show to a level of optimism i consider unreasonable, not to mention, demeaning to that 95%. Aside from that, the overall quality of it's production would be the lowest of any modern adult swim anime since NGE. Personally, though this is the main reason i don't think it is adult swim material is that on first time i watched adult swim about this time last year i was amazed by the shows i saw. But if Rurouni kenshin was in that block that first time, it would have killed that amazing experience because it just isn't anything like those shows.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ensatsu-ken

    ensatsu-ken

    [16]Aug 8, 2007
    • member since: 10/24/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 6,686
    GK-37 wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    GK-37 wrote:

    It wouldn't be on adult swim because it is too optimistic. If it were in adult swim, Kenshin would have ended up killing someone on the first day. This is consistant on adult swim. Almost every series feature leads that kill. Also, the way the show is presented doesn't lend itself towards something anyone over fifteen can give full respect to. Also, the thing that shows like Death Note have over this when it comes to maturity are the inherent evil present in every character. A mature show gives no one a good clear moral path, they show us the world with a twist and we draw the connections on our own. That is what makes this show comparatively immature.

    I disagree with all of that. Rurouni Kenshin has plenty of twisted villains, and no one sais that you have to see things the way that Kenshin does, just like you don't have to see the way that Light sees them in Death Note. Also, Trigun is an anime with the main character who has a very optimistic view, and believes that it is wrong to kill people, yet they aired that on Adult Swim. Basically all you're doing is just spewing a bunch of crap out, and trying to show off, pretending that you know what you're talking about, when you really don't.

    I have seen much of trigun and i still disagree with you on this. I do admit that the metion of killing on the first episode was stupid, my main pont probably should have been directed towards the lack of moral ambiguity in the series. Yes, I don't have to see it from Kenshin's view, but even if i don't, his path is never disproven. And I don't think it can work for a mature audience because the arc of the story has too little recognition of the flaws inherent in a morality that leaves little room for error. Most of Kenshin's freinds never even seem close to death (even though they are ocassionally close, the mood never quite shifts enough to give any real impact), for that matter, Kenshin himself is rarely hurt by his morals. Additionally, most of the negativity comes from only the disreputable parts of society or particular people, while the civilians tend to support the protagonists unconditionally. It's almost as though they are saying that 95% are perfect and the other five percent is the interesting group. This brings the show to a level of optimism i consider unreasonable, not to mention, demeaning to that 95%. Aside from that, the overall quality of it's production would be the lowest of any modern adult swim anime since NGE. Personally, though this is the main reason i don't think it is adult swim material is that on first time i watched adult swim about this time last year i was amazed by the shows i saw. But if Rurouni kenshin was in that block that first time, it would have killed that amazing experience because it just isn't anything like those shows.

    Still, none of that shows that RK couldn't be on Adult Swim. Look at Bleach, almost nobody dies in that anime, and it really doesn't have that much blood compared to other series, yet its on AS. Kenshin is far more mature than what you're making it out to be, and its not your typical shounen. BTW, Death Note is a shounen (published in the very same manga magazine, Shounen Jump, that Rurouni Kenshin was published in). Second of all, Rurouni Kenshin is far superrior to what they've been showin on AS in the last few years (aside from FMA, although I still personally prefer the RK manga to FMA). With that said, Rurouni Kenshin is one of the "BEST" series ever made. The anime, first of all, ends with fillers, and in that apect, most of them are childish. Tell me, have you even seen the OVAs . I'd like to see how you could call those childish. Those are in fact far more intense than almost any show AS has aired so far (and I'm saying this from only seeing a little bit of them).

    If you think RK is just a lower anime, then you're sadly mistaken. Don't you realize the hidden messages behind the arcs. RK isn't simply just a story about a swordsman who wants to be good and repent for his bad deeds of the past. However, many of the shows that AS is airing, such as GitS, and Bleach, have absolutely no meaning to them, and are just about the action and animation (not that that's a bad thing, but it hardly takes any thinking or annalyzing to watch most of the anime that have aired on AS). First of all, tell me a series on AS, that has brilliantly contstructed a tragic past, that is simillar to how Kenshin's life was as the Battousai. And look at how his relationship with tomoe was built up, tell me how that could come from a simple children's series ? Basically, all you are saying is that just because the views of RK are optimistic, its not AS material, and not something that an older audience would enjoy as much as a younger one. But the fact of the matter is that RK, even in Japan where stuff that is shown on AS would usually be considered shounen (in other words, series for younger boys), is actually read and cherished by many older readers as well.

    Let me ask you this, have you even ventured into the thickness off the deep plot in Rurouni Kenshin's illustrious Jinchuu/Revenge arc ? If you have not even done that, then you are in no position to be saying whether RK is mature enough or not, to air on AS.

    Listent carefully, normally, I have no problem with people giving out their opinions. In your case, I would have no problem with you feeling that RK is not as mature a series as the ones shown on AS, but it just so happens that your basis for thinking so is flawed. It would seem that you have only seen the edited version of RK on the old Toonami, from the way in which you are talking about the series. Sorry, but you're going to have to come up with something more convincing then what you're saying now, to convince anyone that Rurouni Kenshin is not a mature series. Because quite frankly, its one of the most mature series out there, as far as manga/anime goes. And that lies within its morals and themes, not the views of its main characters.

    Edited on 08/08/2007 10:06pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GK-37

    GK-37

    [17]Aug 9, 2007
    • member since: 07/28/06
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 35
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    GK-37 wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    GK-37 wrote:

    It wouldn't be on adult swim because it is too optimistic. If it were in adult swim, Kenshin would have ended up killing someone on the first day. This is consistant on adult swim. Almost every series feature leads that kill. Also, the way the show is presented doesn't lend itself towards something anyone over fifteen can give full respect to. Also, the thing that shows like Death Note have over this when it comes to maturity are the inherent evil present in every character. A mature show gives no one a good clear moral path, they show us the world with a twist and we draw the connections on our own. That is what makes this show comparatively immature.

    I disagree with all of that. Rurouni Kenshin has plenty of twisted villains, and no one sais that you have to see things the way that Kenshin does, just like you don't have to see the way that Light sees them in Death Note. Also, Trigun is an anime with the main character who has a very optimistic view, and believes that it is wrong to kill people, yet they aired that on Adult Swim. Basically all you're doing is just spewing a bunch of crap out, and trying to show off, pretending that you know what you're talking about, when you really don't.

    I have seen much of trigun and i still disagree with you on this. I do admit that the metion of killing on the first episode was stupid, my main pont probably should have been directed towards the lack of moral ambiguity in the series. Yes, I don't have to see it from Kenshin's view, but even if i don't, his path is never disproven. And I don't think it can work for a mature audience because the arc of the story has too little recognition of the flaws inherent in a morality that leaves little room for error. Most of Kenshin's freinds never even seem close to death (even though they are ocassionally close, the mood never quite shifts enough to give any real impact), for that matter, Kenshin himself is rarely hurt by his morals. Additionally, most of the negativity comes from only the disreputable parts of society or particular people, while the civilians tend to support the protagonists unconditionally. It's almost as though they are saying that 95% are perfect and the other five percent is the interesting group. This brings the show to a level of optimism i consider unreasonable, not to mention, demeaning to that 95%. Aside from that, the overall quality of it's production would be the lowest of any modern adult swim anime since NGE. Personally, though this is the main reason i don't think it is adult swim material is that on first time i watched adult swim about this time last year i was amazed by the shows i saw. But if Rurouni kenshin was in that block that first time, it would have killed that amazing experience because it just isn't anything like those shows.

    Still, none of that shows that RK couldn't be on Adult Swim. Look at Bleach, almost nobody dies in that anime, and it really doesn't have that much blood compared to other series, yet its on AS. Kenshin is far more mature than what you're making it out to be, and its not your typical shounen. BTW, Death Note is a shounen (published in the very same manga magazine, Shounen Jump, that Rurouni Kenshin was published in). Second of all, Rurouni Kenshin is far superrior to what they've been showin on AS in the last few years (aside from FMA, although I still personally prefer the RK manga to FMA). With that said, Rurouni Kenshin is one of the "BEST" series ever made. The anime, first of all, ends with fillers, and in that apect, most of them are childish. Tell me, have you even seen the OVAs . I'd like to see how you could call those childish. Those are in fact far more intense than almost any show AS has aired so far (and I'm saying this from only seeing a little bit of them).

    If you think RK is just a lower anime, then you're sadly mistaken. Don't you realize the hidden messages behind the arcs. RK isn't simply just a story about a swordsman who wants to be good and repent for his bad deeds of the past. However, many of the shows that AS is airing, such as GitS, and Bleach, have absolutely no meaning to them, and are just about the action and animation (not that that's a bad thing, but it hardly takes any thinking or annalyzing to watch most of the anime that have aired on AS). First of all, tell me a series on AS, that has brilliantly contstructed a tragic past, that is simillar to how Kenshin's life was as the Battousai. And look at how his relationship with tomoe was built up, tell me how that could come from a simple children's series ? Basically, all you are saying is that just because the views of RK are optimistic, its not AS material, and not something that an older audience would enjoy as much as a younger one. But the fact of the matter is that RK, even in Japan where stuff that is shown on AS would usually be considered shounen (in other words, series for younger boys), is actually read and cherished by many older readers as well.

    Let me ask you this, have you even ventured into the thickness off the deep plot in Rurouni Kenshin's illustrious Jinchuu/Revenge arc ? If you have not even done that, then you are in no position to be saying whether RK is mature enough or not, to air on AS.

    Listent carefully, normally, I have no problem with people giving out their opinions. In your case, I would have no problem with you feeling that RK is not as mature a series as the ones shown on AS, but it just so happens that your basis for thinking so is flawed. It would seem that you have only seen the edited version of RK on the old Toonami, from the way in which you are talking about the series. Sorry, but you're going to have to come up with something more convincing then what you're saying now, to convince anyone that Rurouni Kenshin is not a mature series. Because quite frankly, its one of the most mature series out there, as far as manga/anime goes. And that lies within its morals and themes, not the views of its main characters.

    Personally, i think we will never agree on this one so i won't try to take up too much time arguing. First, it is my beleif that depth isn't the only sign of maturity, much of which lies in the execution.

    I am not unknowledgable about the series as i have watched the full series uncut. Also, i have seen both OVAs and they are among my favorite animes. However, the main series isn't even simmilar to the OVAs (most sites back me up on this). Even though I am extremely pessimistic, i don't have any problems with optimism, I just don't think there is any path that can be taken without cost.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ensatsu-ken

    ensatsu-ken

    [18]Aug 9, 2007
    • member since: 10/24/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 6,686
    GK-37 wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    GK-37 wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    GK-37 wrote:

    It wouldn't be on adult swim because it is too optimistic. If it were in adult swim, Kenshin would have ended up killing someone on the first day. This is consistant on adult swim. Almost every series feature leads that kill. Also, the way the show is presented doesn't lend itself towards something anyone over fifteen can give full respect to. Also, the thing that shows like Death Note have over this when it comes to maturity are the inherent evil present in every character. A mature show gives no one a good clear moral path, they show us the world with a twist and we draw the connections on our own. That is what makes this show comparatively immature.

    I disagree with all of that. Rurouni Kenshin has plenty of twisted villains, and no one sais that you have to see things the way that Kenshin does, just like you don't have to see the way that Light sees them in Death Note. Also, Trigun is an anime with the main character who has a very optimistic view, and believes that it is wrong to kill people, yet they aired that on Adult Swim. Basically all you're doing is just spewing a bunch of crap out, and trying to show off, pretending that you know what you're talking about, when you really don't.

    I have seen much of trigun and i still disagree with you on this. I do admit that the metion of killing on the first episode was stupid, my main pont probably should have been directed towards the lack of moral ambiguity in the series. Yes, I don't have to see it from Kenshin's view, but even if i don't, his path is never disproven. And I don't think it can work for a mature audience because the arc of the story has too little recognition of the flaws inherent in a morality that leaves little room for error. Most of Kenshin's freinds never even seem close to death (even though they are ocassionally close, the mood never quite shifts enough to give any real impact), for that matter, Kenshin himself is rarely hurt by his morals. Additionally, most of the negativity comes from only the disreputable parts of society or particular people, while the civilians tend to support the protagonists unconditionally. It's almost as though they are saying that 95% are perfect and the other five percent is the interesting group. This brings the show to a level of optimism i consider unreasonable, not to mention, demeaning to that 95%. Aside from that, the overall quality of it's production would be the lowest of any modern adult swim anime since NGE. Personally, though this is the main reason i don't think it is adult swim material is that on first time i watched adult swim about this time last year i was amazed by the shows i saw. But if Rurouni kenshin was in that block that first time, it would have killed that amazing experience because it just isn't anything like those shows.

    Still, none of that shows that RK couldn't be on Adult Swim. Look at Bleach, almost nobody dies in that anime, and it really doesn't have that much blood compared to other series, yet its on AS. Kenshin is far more mature than what you're making it out to be, and its not your typical shounen. BTW, Death Note is a shounen (published in the very same manga magazine, Shounen Jump, that Rurouni Kenshin was published in). Second of all, Rurouni Kenshin is far superrior to what they've been showin on AS in the last few years (aside from FMA, although I still personally prefer the RK manga to FMA). With that said, Rurouni Kenshin is one of the "BEST" series ever made. The anime, first of all, ends with fillers, and in that apect, most of them are childish. Tell me, have you even seen the OVAs . I'd like to see how you could call those childish. Those are in fact far more intense than almost any show AS has aired so far (and I'm saying this from only seeing a little bit of them).

    If you think RK is just a lower anime, then you're sadly mistaken. Don't you realize the hidden messages behind the arcs. RK isn't simply just a story about a swordsman who wants to be good and repent for his bad deeds of the past. However, many of the shows that AS is airing, such as GitS, and Bleach, have absolutely no meaning to them, and are just about the action and animation (not that that's a bad thing, but it hardly takes any thinking or annalyzing to watch most of the anime that have aired on AS). First of all, tell me a series on AS, that has brilliantly contstructed a tragic past, that is simillar to how Kenshin's life was as the Battousai. And look at how his relationship with tomoe was built up, tell me how that could come from a simple children's series ? Basically, all you are saying is that just because the views of RK are optimistic, its not AS material, and not something that an older audience would enjoy as much as a younger one. But the fact of the matter is that RK, even in Japan where stuff that is shown on AS would usually be considered shounen (in other words, series for younger boys), is actually read and cherished by many older readers as well.

    Let me ask you this, have you even ventured into the thickness off the deep plot in Rurouni Kenshin's illustrious Jinchuu/Revenge arc ? If you have not even done that, then you are in no position to be saying whether RK is mature enough or not, to air on AS.

    Listent carefully, normally, I have no problem with people giving out their opinions. In your case, I would have no problem with you feeling that RK is not as mature a series as the ones shown on AS, but it just so happens that your basis for thinking so is flawed. It would seem that you have only seen the edited version of RK on the old Toonami, from the way in which you are talking about the series. Sorry, but you're going to have to come up with something more convincing then what you're saying now, to convince anyone that Rurouni Kenshin is not a mature series. Because quite frankly, its one of the most mature series out there, as far as manga/anime goes. And that lies within its morals and themes, not the views of its main characters.

    Personally, i think we will never agree on this one so i won't try to take up too much time arguing. First, it is my beleif that depth isn't the only sign of maturity, much of which lies in the execution.

    I am not unknowledgable about the series as i have watched the full series uncut. Also, i have seen both OVAs and they are among my favorite animes. However, the main series isn't even simmilar to the OVAs (most sites back me up on this). Even though I am extremely pessimistic, i don't have any problems with optimism, I just don't think there is any path that can be taken without cost.

    Every path in RK has cost. And I doubt that most people will agree on you that RK is not mature. The thing is that blood, gore, and killing alone, is not what makes a series mature. However, the main argument of this, would be, is Rurouni Kenshin AS material. And it undoubtedly is. Explain to me how RK is less mature than Bleach, which has somehow found its way onto AS. And then there is Trigun. That show has a very optimistic view for the most part, but that was also aired on AS. And look at Shin-Chan. That show is made for children in Japan, yet it is aired on AS. And what about the manga, did you read the entire series for it ? You are saying that Death Note is mature, and I agree, but have you ever considered how many things in it are highly unrealisitc, and in a sense, childish. For example, there is no way that one man, could ever gain the entire support of the World's Police alone, even for a second. Also, many things such as wealth and money that are used to house the facilities in which people like L and Near were stationed, were very ill-explained, and some of their reasoning was farfetched. My point in all of this, is that if you're going to be all nit-picky with Ruouni Kenshin, you may as well take this into consideration, every single anime, in one way or another, will have an aspect of it that can be viewed as poor, or immature, or childish, even ones that people claim to be a stroke of geneous, such as NGE (I haven't watched very much of it to make a judgement, but I have noticed how unrealistic some of the characters inthe show,act). Anyways, all you're looking at his Kenshin's view of life, which seems to be your only basis for calling RK a less mature series. That, is something that I have to disagree with.

    Edited on 08/09/2007 1:26pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of blackmagechris1

    blackmagechris1

    [19]Aug 9, 2007
    • member since: 09/20/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 937

    Reads the long paragraphs

    Inuyasha is a regular shonen like the others but the main reason it's on Adult Swim they judged the violence in the first five minutes.

    http://news.toonzone.net/article.php?ID=359 That is a very dumb reason it should be on Adult Swim.

    NGE will never be on Toonami. The main character is the biggest emo in anime. The kid viewerswill lose their sanity. Things will be edited like the MisatoXKaji sex scene or Karowu or Shinji fights his best friend and he doesn't know about till the end, and the scene like the rei and asuka evevator scene will kill ratings. The last group of kenshn episodes were more confusing than the entire show of NGE.

    I heard that Trigun manga became a manga for young adult males.

    I do wonder how CN handles the Christian arc?

    Edited on 08/09/2007 9:15pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ensatsu-ken

    ensatsu-ken

    [20]Aug 10, 2007
    • member since: 10/24/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 6,686
    blackmagechris1 wrote:

    Reads the long paragraphs

    Inuyasha is a regular shonen like the others but the main reason it's on Adult Swim they judged the violence in the first five minutes.

    http://news.toonzone.net/article.php?ID=359 That is a very dumb reason it should be on Adult Swim.

    NGE will never be on Toonami. The main character is the biggest emo in anime. The kid viewerswill lose their sanity. Things will be edited like the MisatoXKaji sex scene or Karowu or Shinji fights his best friend and he doesn't know about till the end, and the scene like the rei and asuka evevator scene will kill ratings. The last group of kenshn episodes were more confusing than the entire show of NGE.

    I heard that Trigun manga became a manga for young adult males.

    I do wonder how CN handles the Christian arc?



    CN never aired the Christian arc, nor any of the other fillers that came after the Kyoto arc, if I remember correctly.

    Also, Trigun started out as a manga for young adult males, or in other words, teenagers . Its classified as a seinen, but my point was that the anime wasn't all that mature from what I've seen of it, yet it was able to make its way onto AS.

    BTW, is NGE good, because I keep hearing all of these mixed opinions on it. Is it just one of those anime that people go crazy over, because its supposed to be all deep and stuff, or does it actually have some sort of entertainment value to it, that makes it actually fun to watch ? I'm just curious about that, because I saw the first episode awhile ago, and it was a bit of a turnoff, in that nothing exciting happenned, and it was overall, just boring and painful for me to watch. So, does the show actually get any better?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.