Samurai X Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2003)

Who is the most tragic character, in your opinion?

animefan828

[41]Aug 25, 2005
    • level: 15
    (no comment)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

yokaiforte

[42]Aug 25, 2005
    • level: 12
    uhh....

amatorawriter

[43]Aug 25, 2005
    • level: 5
    So.. just a question... I assume that Seshomoru is your favorite Inuasha character.

animefan828

[44]Aug 30, 2005
    Kind of. I like Kikyou too.

amatorawriter

[45]Aug 31, 2005
    KK

animefan828

[46]Aug 31, 2005
    Yeah...so I guess Sesshoumaru and Kikyou are my favorite characters.

amatorawriter

[47]Sep 1, 2005
    I like Miroku (remind me of one of my friends) and Sango.

Phantom887

[48]Sep 1, 2005
    Mahado wrote:
    Phantom887 wrote:
    No Tomoe's brother Enishi was the most tragic. Did you hear what happened to him after she died.

What happened to Enishi is explained in the manga scanlations I read. His hair did turn white a few years after Tomoe's death. He then fled to Shanghai living on the streets scraping for food wherever he could find it. Then some rich couple took him in out of sympathy. He killed them later and took their wealth. He then became an arms dealer. It was Enishi who sold Shishio the ironclad ship Rengoku.
    Almost do you know what he ate. He ate dead deaseased bodies and drank puddle water.

Phantom887

[49]Sep 1, 2005
    amatorawriter wrote:
    Eingishi was a fool. He spent his whole life after Revenge and when he found out that it was not right, he'd wasted 14 years of his life following a dream of hatred and despair, now he was forced to see that he was wrong.
    Your not looking at this from a psychological point of view. He had no one to take care of him because his sister was all he had left and he had to watch as the only family he had left was sliced in half then he was deported into china only to live like a stray dog feeding off of dead bodies and puddle water. If you ask me Tomoe had the easy way out. And ask your self what you would do if you had saw what happened from his point of view?

amatorawriter

[50]Sep 2, 2005
    Phantom887 wrote:
    amatorawriter wrote:
    Eingishi was a fool. He spent his whole life after Revenge and when he found out that it was not right, he'd wasted 14 years of his life following a dream of hatred and despair, now he was forced to see that he was wrong.
    Your not looking at this from a psychological point of view. He had no one to take care of him because his sister was all he had left and he had to watch as the only family he had left was sliced in half then he was deported into china only to live like a stray dog feeding off of dead bodies and puddle water. If you ask me Tomoe had the easy way out. And ask your self what you would do if you had saw what happened from his point of view?
    His mind was trashed by others, the same as Kenshin's, but unlike Kenshin, Enigishi didn't find a way to heal for another 14 years. And to answer the question, if my family was murdered in front of my eyes, I would make sure it was a cold-blooded killing and that I was the right one before I saught revenge.

Mahado

[51]Sep 2, 2005
    • level: 4
    Phantom887. Psychology is a science. You meant to say "look at it from a situational point of view".

Phantom887

[52]Sep 3, 2005
    amatorawriter wrote:
    Phantom887 wrote:
    amatorawriter wrote:
    His mind was trashed by others, the same as Kenshin's, but unlike Kenshin, Enigishi didn't find a way to heal for another 14 years. And to answer the question, if my family was murdered in front of my eyes, I would make sure it was a cold-blooded killing and that I was the right one before I saught revenge.
    Bull sh** you can't fathom what you would do because you can't fathom your family being murdered in front of your eyes besides if you saw the person who did it all that would be on your mind is hatred and revenge because that's human nature and your not above human nature no one is. I've yet to see a person who is above human nature unless you count Jesus and I don't even believe in the bible. Hell I would do the same thing. Seek revenge. There's a saying that I heard awile back."We are not god not only are our powers limited but sometimes we are driven to become the devil himself."

Phantom887

[53]Sep 3, 2005
    Mahado wrote:
    Phantom887. Psychology is a science. You meant to say "look at it from a situational point of view".
    Ha! have you even taken a psychology class. Well I have and if you had taken one you would know that psychology is not a science because there aren't any laws involved in it plus the difference between right and wrong is only and opinion and therefore it is subject to argument and conjecture. Psycology is the best guess of what many people agree on that's all.

amatorawriter

[54]Sep 3, 2005
    Phantom887 wrote:
    Mahado wrote:
    Ha! have you even taken a psychology class. Well I have and if you had taken one you would know that psychology is not a science because there aren't any laws involved in it plus the difference between right and wrong is only and opinion and therefore it is subject to argument and conjecture. Psycology is the best guess of what many people agree on that's all.
    Hey Phantom, cool it down... we are all friends here, we don't want to be mocked or have others opnions shoved down our throats like a biased teacher. Enigish was a lot of things, and I don't think many of us here can comprehend the pain and suffereing that he went through.

Phantom887

[55]Sep 4, 2005
    amatorawriter wrote:
    Phantom887 wrote:
    Mahado wrote:
    Hey Phantom, cool it down... we are all friends here, we don't want to be mocked or have others opnions shoved down our throats like a biased teacher. Enigish was a lot of things, and I don't think many of us here can comprehend the pain and suffereing that he went through.
    Ok I'm not trying to get nasty. I just don't like it when people try to talk down to me as if there smarter than me and act like I don't know what I'm talking about.

Mahado

[56]Sep 4, 2005
    Well, I'm am in Ap Psychology right now and I also don't like being blasted. If it is not a science, I don't care. However, psychologist of old like Wundt, William James, etc and the psychologists in our time try to prove what they hypothesize by using the scientific method, critical thinking skills and the study of statistics . psychologists research through obserservation, not speculation. So, there is no mere guessing. They use methods of data collecting such as surveys and they conduct experiments. Unlike chemistry or biology, the results do not provide concerete evidence like you said, but the imformation must be considered as something that may be valuable.
    Psychology may not have laws, but it does have theories.
    Some things in Psychology I do consider to be a litte bit stupid but psychology isn't the reflection of popular opionion. It is the study of mental and behavioral processes.
    I'm taking all of this info from the textbook

Being in AP Psych also means that I am in high school because AP courses are college-level courses offered in high school.(pointless note)

Phantom887

[57]Sep 5, 2005
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

Phantom887

[58]Sep 5, 2005
    Mahado wrote:
    Well, I'm am in Ap Psychology right now and I also don't like being blasted. If it is not a science, I don't care. However, psychologist of old like Wundt, William James, etc and the psychologists in our time try to prove what they hypothesize by using the scientific method, critical thinking skills and the study of statistics . psychologists research through obserservation, not speculation. So, there is no mere guessing. They use methods of data collecting such as surveys and they conduct experiments. Unlike chemistry or biology, the results do not provide concerete evidence like you said, but the imformation must be considered as something that may be valuable.
    Psychology may not have laws, but it does have theories.
    Some things in Psychology I do consider to be a litte bit stupid but psychology isn't the reflection of popular opionion. It is the study of mental and behavioral processes.
    I'm taking all of this info from the textbook

Being in AP Psych also means that I am in high school because AP courses are college-level courses offered in high school.(pointless note)
    OOOOOOOO impressive hey guess what I AM in college a sophmore to be exact and I'm only a breath away from getting a degree in the sciences. So don't try to talk down to me like you know something. By the way I never said (speculation) and what do you think a hypothesis is it's a "estimated guess or best guess if you will." So yes I was right if allot or most psychologist agree with Wundt or Freud or Pavlov's hypothesis than they agree with they're best guess even if it is backed up with study reports.

Mahado

[59]Sep 5, 2005
    Phantom887 wrote:

OOOOOOOO impressive hey guess what I AM in college a sophmore to be exact and I'm only a breath away from getting a degree in the sciences. So don't try to talk down to me like you know something. By the way I never said (speculation) and what do you think a hypothesis is it's a "estimated guess or best guess if you will." So yes I was right if allot or most psychologist agree with Wundt or Freud or Pavlov's hypothesis than they agree with they're best guess even if it is backed up with study reports.

spec·u·late ( P ) Pronunciation Key (spky-lt)
    v. spec·u·lat·ed, spec·u·lat·ing, spec·u·lates
    v. intr.
    To meditate on a subject; reflect.
    To engage in a course of reasoning often based on inconclusive evidence.
    To engage in the buying or selling of a commodity with an element of risk on the chance of profit.

v. tr.
    To assume to be true without conclusive evidence: speculated that high cholesterol was a contributing factor to the patient's health problems.
    (Definition from Dictionary.com)
    Who are you talking down to. Tough talk indeed. You're in college. What your are saying to me means nothing because I don't care how old anyone is when they argue with me, whether my opponent is younger or older. If you're older, that doesn't mean you're better. Sometimes, an older person is better, but not always. Pretty much you're saying I have a B.S education and that science is based on guesses. Oh, that f****** CollegeBoard that creates the curriculum that teachers follow so that I can take a course with the rigors of a college-level course in high school is B.S. Is that what you are saying? That same CollegeBoard that makes hard tests called the SAT. Is that what I think you just said?
    The definition of hypothesis I learned, when used in the context as part of the scientific method is:
    1. observation
    2.hypothesis- a tenative explantion based on the observations
    3. experiment to test hypothesis
    4. conclusion based on experiment
    You yourself knows that every freaking thing deemed as fact in sciences such as biology, chemistry, etc was verified through that method. Once a hypothesis is proven, it is no longer a mere guess. Somethings that are hypothesised in psychology don't work work conclusively after being tested, like the question, Does the music you listen to make you more violent?. Then, it becomes a choose which side and standby your own opinion situation.

Phantom887

[60]Sep 12, 2005
    Mahado wrote:
    Phantom887 wrote:

spec·u·late ( P ) Pronunciation Key (spky-lt)
    v. spec·u·lat·ed, spec·u·lat·ing, spec·u·lates
    v. intr.
    To meditate on a subject; reflect.
    To engage in a course of reasoning often based on inconclusive evidence.
    To engage in the buying or selling of a commodity with an element of risk on the chance of profit.

v. tr.
    To assume to be true without conclusive evidence: speculated that high cholesterol was a contributing factor to the patient's health problems.
    (Definition from Dictionary.com)
    Who are you talking down to. Tough talk indeed. You're in college. What your are saying to me means nothing because I don't care how old anyone is when they argue with me, whether my opponent is younger or older. If you're older, that doesn't mean you're better. Sometimes, an older person is better, but not always. Pretty much you're saying I have a B.S education and that science is based on guesses. Oh, that f****** CollegeBoard that creates the curriculum that teachers follow so that I can take a course with the rigors of a college-level course in high school is B.S. Is that what you are saying? That same CollegeBoard that makes hard tests called the SAT. Is that what I think you just said?
    The definition of hypothesis I learned, when used in the context as part of the scientific method is:
    1. observation
    2.hypothesis- a tenative explantion based on the observations
    3. experiment to test hypothesis
    4. conclusion based on experiment
    You yourself knows that every freaking thing deemed as fact in sciences such as biology, chemistry, etc was verified through that method. Once a hypothesis is proven, it is no longer a mere guess. Somethings that are hypothesised in psychology don't work work conclusively after being tested, like the question, Does the music you listen to make you more violent?. Then, it becomes a choose which side and standby your own opinion situation.
    Listen I'm not the one who started this. You are the one who started this with your pycology is a science non sence. Every time you use the scientific method to solve something that doesn't make it a science. The moment when you go from describing human behavior to explaining it, and particularly changing it, you move from science to opinion. I was not knocking your education I'm sure your smart for your age but you where trying to talk down to MEEEE! So I had to defend myself because the plain fact is I know more than you in certain fields because I've been in college longer. That's all.