Samurai X Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2003)

who would claim victory in a duel Double Kodachi Aoshi or Saito

8thimpact

[21]Dec 10, 2007
    • level: 4

you sure like battosai dont you well i cant change you but calling enishi inexperienced is foolish hes extremely skilled given hes only had a few years of training hes on par with shishio probably- now back to aoshi and saito to tell you the truth i love the gatotsu it looks really cool but its just a sword thrust period any moron seeing it can see various ways to counter it especially aoshi who during the kyoto arc broke down kenshins final atttack both stages were included now you still after many posts havent answered my question why did aoshi fair longer and better(he was at least still concious) against shishio even after getting hit with the final attack when saito was brushed aside easily after only two stabs in his legs ? he charged with his "all powerful" gatotsu and was blown away for being too careless - another thing it isnt opinion it is fact that kyoto kenshin is much stronger than battosai kenshin dont you get it what moves are at the battosai's disposal basic hiten mitsirugi attacks if he had fought shishio as battosai he would have died - if battosai had fought even double kodachi aoshi or sojiro he would have died kenshin also never reverts to the battosai again for a reason he doesnt need to because it would make him weaker his inner strength comes from the fact that he doesnt need battosai however before he learned his final attacks and got his inner strength yes the battosai was his last resort because he didnt have anything else tokyo arc kenshin doesnt have inner strength or the 2 last attacks making him much weaker than killer opponents like saito so battosai is needed but in kyoto and jinchu arc battosai becomes as useless as kenshin's first reverse blade sword

and yeah your'e right i guess nobody in RK could beat naruto its way too exgerated but naruto is still garbage its for kids between the ages 7-12 and for your damn info YYH happens to be one of my all time favorite animes but comparing naruto to RK or YYH is just impossible

and one last thing i wont lie aoshi is extremely cool but ... i haaaaate the fact that after all he did to get to his chaotic form kenshin talks to him for 2 minutes and he has a damn spiritual revelation then after kyoto arc spends his days in a temple .....he has a very weak mind he cant understand the fact that being a ninja means you could die in the line of duty which includes his men, grieving is one thing but he just took it overboard this ruined the second battle with aoshi which was kinda boring the battle with saito was much more entertaining but i can still see why aoshi is stronger when i think about the circumstances i really dont care if you think saito would win this is my last thought on this

Edited on 12/10/2007 3:30pm
    Edited 4 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lattmucci516

[22]Dec 10, 2007
    • level: 54

Okay, so...

Aoshi got the snot beat out of him by Kenshin, not once, but TWICE.

Saito and Kenshin fought once and they ended up at a stalemate.

ok, that's all, byeee

ensatsu-ken

[23]Dec 10, 2007
    • level: 19
    8thimpact wrote:

you sure like battosai dont you well i cant change you but calling enishi inexperienced is foolish hes extremely skilled given hes only had a few years of training hes on par with shishio probably- now back to aoshi and saito to tell you the truth i love the gatotsu it looks really cool but its just a sword thrust period any moron seeing it can see various ways to counter it especially aoshi who during the kyoto arc broke down kenshins final atttack both stages were included now you still after many posts havent answered my question why did aoshi fair longer and better(he was at least still concious) against shishio even after getting hit with the final attack when saito was brushed aside easily after only two stabs in his legs ? he charged with his "all powerful" gatotsu and was blown away for being too careless - another thing it isnt opinion it is fact that kyoto kenshin is much stronger than battosai kenshin dont you get it what moves are at the battosai's disposal basic hiten mitsirugi attacks if he had fought shishio as battosai he would have died - if battosai had fought even double kodachi aoshi or sojiro he would have died kenshin also never reverts to the battosai again for a reason he doesnt need to because it would make him weaker his inner strength comes from the fact that he doesnt need battosai however before he learned his final attacks and got his inner strength yes the battosai was his last resort because he didnt have anything else tokyo arc kenshin doesnt have inner strength or the 2 last attacks making him much weaker than killer opponents like saito so battosai is needed but in kyoto and jinchu arc battosai becomes as useless as kenshin's first reverse blade sword

and yeah your'e right i guess nobody in RK could beat naruto its way too exgerated but naruto is still garbage its for kids between the ages 7-12 and for your damn info YYH happens to be one of my all time favorite animes but comparing naruto to RK or YYH is just impossible

and one last thing i wont lie aoshi is extremely cool but ... i haaaaate the fact that after all he did to get to his chaotic form kenshin talks to him for 2 minutes and he has a damn spiritual revelation then after kyoto arc spends his days in a temple .....he has a very weak mind he cant understand the fact that being a ninja means you could die in the line of duty which includes his men, grieving is one thing but he just took it overboard this ruined the second battle with aoshi which was kinda boring the battle with saito was much more entertaining but i can still see why aoshi is stronger when i think about the circumstances i really dont care if you think saito would win this is my last thought on this

First of all, I don't completely disagree with you on Naruto, but it just so happens that a good deal of its fans are teenagers, and that's a fact.

Anyways, I have also lost interest in carrying out this argument. You can think what you want, and I will think things my way. At any rate, I apologize for offending you in any way. I was just in a bad mood at the time, and I didn't mean to call you a fanboy. So, how about we just agree to disagree on this one?

lattmucci516

[25]Dec 11, 2007
    8thimpact wrote:

sure but i have to say that post right before yours was really stupid some dum girl or something just came out of nowhere

Okay, chief... I think it's great that you think that it's okay to flame someone with an idea that doesn't correspond with what you think. You're so "high and mighty" that you can just do that, right?... right? oh... wait that's right; you're not. Thanks.
    and another thing, before you bash someone's (obviously plausible) idea, make sure you check their level, and make sure you compare it to your own... Got it? Okay it's great to see that you comply...
    (PS: I'm a guy. )
    (PPS: Nice grammar; where do you go to middle school?)
    Edited on 12/11/2007 2:47pm

8thimpact

[26]Dec 11, 2007

wow ...my level.....wow your not a geek i dont even notice that get a life and please change your profile pic it doesnt help your image and if you like proofreading so much become a damn teacher but if it really bothers you that much sorry for calling you stupid .... i mean at least ensatsu had a good argument you dont even look at the circumstances of the battles nimrod oops sorry about that too

oh and i just noticed LEVEL 50 are you proud? am i suppose to be impressed? all this tells me is that you've been here your entire life

oh and let me say your taste in anime is a little.....feminine i mean im not sexist or anything but cmon and the sailor moon thing what are you a 10 year old girl

Edited on 12/11/2007 4:47pm
    Edited 2 total times.

lattmucci516

[27]Dec 11, 2007
    8thimpact wrote:

wow ...my level.....wow your not a geek i dont even notice that get a life and please change your profile pic it doesnt help your image and if you like proofreading so much become a damn teacher but if it really bothers you that much sorry for calling you stupid .... i mean at least ensatsu had a good argument you dont even look at the circumstances of the battles nimrod oops sorry about that too

oh and i just noticed LEVEL 50 are you proud? am i suppose to be impressed? all this tells me is that you've been here your entire life

oh and let me say your taste in anime is a little.....feminine i mean im not sexist or anything but cmon and the sailor moon thing what are you a 10 year old girl

Fantastic, fantastic. Not only do you have the grammar of a child, you also argue like one. Make fun of my avatar? Great. Superb start. This just shows that you have no contextual support to back up your argument. And then you go on to say that you hate proofreading... Wonderful argument, sonny. This just leads me to believe that you don't get good grades in school... Then comes the "you've been here your entire life" remark. If by "entire life," you mean 9 months, then sure I've been here my entire life. And finally, you decide to make fun of my choice of anime. One word comes to mind: Maturity. Because you're full of that, right? And while I MAY be a 10 year old girl, but that still makes me 3 years older than you. ^_^

8thimpact

[28]Dec 11, 2007

i know im not being mature i dont have to be when im in the presence of people like you let me guess you sit at home and play halo 3 all day long and i know grammar is important but you sound like a damn high school english teacher ....what the hell do grades in school have to do with anything? you also clearly know little about RK so what if aoshi lost the second time around their first battle was a draw aoshi was only knocked out for a few seconds then got back up that doesnt sound like a loss to me although kenshin would've defeated him anyway the same can be said for saito whos sword was broken and his belt trick wouldnt work twice if the battle had continued saito would've died ........shishio had been knocked into a wall by kenshin with the kuzu ryu sen and didnt resurface until a short minute later this is the same circumstance as aoshi so in reality aoshi lost only once because the ultimate attack left him immobile for a while and accepted defeat.............saito was actually the only opponent whos sword was broken by kenshin(sojiro's was too but it was the ultimate attack)and even though it was battosai ,aoshi faced kyoto arc kenshin who is much stronger because of his new inner strength and newly acquired techniques that would later defeat Shishio and if you look at the battle with shishio aoshi fared much better given his wounds while saito was blown away with only two stab wounds to the legs

P.S for you to have only been here 9 months and have a level 50 makes it even worse ...do you stay on 24/7, i apologize for the remarks but the sailor moon picture was a little overboard i'll try and keep this ...friendly if possible however for you to show off your level like some award is foolish on your part you should at least acknowledge that

Edited on 12/11/2007 8:15pm
    Edited 2 total times.

lattmucci516

[29]Dec 11, 2007
    8thimpact wrote:

i know im not being mature i dont have to be when im in the presence of people like you let me guess you sit at home and play halo 3 all day long and i know grammar is important but you sound like a damn high school english teacher ....what the hell do grades in school have to do with anything? you also clearly know little about RK so what if aoshi lost the second time around their first battle was a draw aoshi was only knocked out for a few seconds then got back up that doesnt sound like a loss to me although kenshin would've defeated him anyway the same can be said for saito whos sword was broken and his belt trick wouldnt work twice if the battle had continued saito would've died ........shishio had been knocked into a wall by kenshin with the kuzu ryu sen and didnt resurface until a short minute later this is the same circumstance as aoshi so in reality aoshi lost only once because the ultimate attack left him immobile for a while and accepted defeat.............saito was actually the only opponent whos sword was broken by kenshin(sojiro's was too butit was the ultimate attack)and even though it was battosai aoshi faced kyoto arc kenshin who is much stronger because of his new inner strength and newly acquired techniques that would later defeat Shishio and if you look at the battle with shishio aoshi fared much better given his wounds while saito was blown away with only two stab wounds to the legs

P.S for you to have only been here 9 months and have a level 50 makes it even worse ...do you stay on 24/7 and i apologize for the remarks but the sailor moon picture was a little overboard i'll try and keep this ...friendly if possible

It has been a while since I have watched Rurouni Kenshin, so I might not have all of my facts straight, but, though their first fight technically ended in a tie, it felt a lot like Kenshin won. and thanks, but no i do not sit on my ass and play Halo 3 all day. Contrary to your beliefs, I am quite a social person, you know, student council president, stuff like that, but that doesn't really matter. "you sound like a damn high school english teacher"... how do you know what "damn high school english teachers" are like if you are still in elementary school? O'vell
    But in all seriousness, I admit that I was being a bit harsh with my comments, and I apologize for that. I also appreciate your apology. ^_^

so end of discussion: both you and I have different thoughts about the outcome of Aoshi and Saito. and that's totally okay...

Edited on 12/11/2007 8:33pm
    Edited 2 total times.

8thimpact

[30]Dec 11, 2007
    and thus another argument is settled on good terms ...i thought this would drag on forever phew and just so you know i did get a scholarship contrary to your belief that im some "elementary school kid" and on my way to becoming a professional chef

anubis145

[31]Dec 15, 2007
    • level: 9
    lattmucci516 wrote:
    8thimpact wrote:

sure but i have to say that post right before yours was really stupid some dum girl or something just came out of nowhere

Okay, chief... I think it's great that you think that it's okay to flame someone with an idea that doesn't correspond with what you think. You're so "high and mighty" that you can just do that, right?... right? oh... wait that's right; you're not. Thanks.
    and another thing, before you bash someone's (obviously plausible) idea, make sure you check their level, and make sure you compare it to your own... Got it? Okay it's great to see that you comply...
    *smack* NEVER bring level into any manner of argument. Saying check my level is the weakest response you can have in an argument. You can be level 185 and still be an idiot (and you probably are if you can't win an argument without mentioning level). But 8thimpact is an idiot so *shrug*

Entatsu, calling Enishi unskilled is absurd. He taught himself to use that style (the name escapes me) and he was able to alter the attacks so that they were perfect counters to Kenshin's attacks. If anything gave him an unfair advantage, it was the Kyokeimyaku.

As for Aoshi vs. Saito, I stand where I did before: Aoshi would win, but Saito is stronger. Using the Gotatsu against someone who use two faster swords in combination with martial arts is just suicide. However, Kenshin himself said that defeating the Gotatsu is not enough to defeat Saito. I think that move he used against Seiryu where he crushes the person's throat before the stab might be really effective against Aoshi, but I think Aoshi would be able to block the stab and counter attack before Saito finished him. It's also possible that Saito could use the belt trick he used against Kenshin, but this time whip out around both Kodachi as he goes for a Gotatsu. Aoshi would be screwed if that happened, but I don't think Saito would think of trying that until it was too late. Over all, it seems like Aoshi's style is such a perfect counter to Saito's style that Saito would be forced to use standard Iaido and be defeated as a result.

I still, however, tihnk that Saito is the stronger fighter because I believe strong fighter is not one who knows a lot of techniques, but one who can use simple techniques in creative ways and therefore defeat enemies who have many more complex techniques. Saito is, obviously, a master of this because he can take down guys like Kenshin with one move. Aoshi has also shown some skill at this, like when they fought the Su-Shin and Gein, but Saito shows it a lot more and he uses improvisation a lot more effectively.

8thimpact

[32]Dec 15, 2007
    well said....thats rare for you , you usually rant alot and dont call me an idiot i wasnt the one showing off my geek level in that last argument i actually said what needed to be said

ensatsu-ken

[33]Dec 28, 2007
    anubis145 wrote:
    lattmucci516 wrote:
    8thimpact wrote:

*smack* NEVER bring level into any manner of argument. Saying check my level is the weakest response you can have in an argument. You can be level 185 and still be an idiot (and you probably are if you can't win an argument without mentioning level). But 8thimpact is an idiot so *shrug*

Entatsu, calling Enishi unskilled is absurd. He taught himself to use that style (the name escapes me) and he was able to alter the attacks so that they were perfect counters to Kenshin's attacks. If anything gave him an unfair advantage, it was the Kyokeimyaku.

As for Aoshi vs. Saito, I stand where I did before: Aoshi would win, but Saito is stronger. Using the Gotatsu against someone who use two faster swords in combination with martial arts is just suicide. However, Kenshin himself said that defeating the Gotatsu is not enough to defeat Saito. I think that move he used against Seiryu where he crushes the person's throat before the stab might be really effective against Aoshi, but I think Aoshi would be able to block the stab and counter attack before Saito finished him. It's also possible that Saito could use the belt trick he used against Kenshin, but this time whip out around both Kodachi as he goes for a Gotatsu. Aoshi would be screwed if that happened, but I don't think Saito would think of trying that until it was too late. Over all, it seems like Aoshi's style is such a perfect counter to Saito's style that Saito would be forced to use standard Iaido and be defeated as a result.

I still, however, tihnk that Saito is the stronger fighter because I believe strong fighter is not one who knows a lot of techniques, but one who can use simple techniques in creative ways and therefore defeat enemies who have many more complex techniques. Saito is, obviously, a master of this because he can take down guys like Kenshin with one move. Aoshi has also shown some skill at this, like when they fought the Su-Shin and Gein, but Saito shows it a lot more and he uses improvisation a lot more effectively.

For crying out loud, why do people always misread my posts . I never called Enishi unskilled (do you really think that I would say that about one of my all time favorite villains in anime ?). I said that he lacked skill. But what I really meant to say was that he lacked experience. I wrongly used the word skill. So does that make you happy ?

And as for me, I still stand with what I said. I feel that Saito would end up triumphin over Aoshi, even if he had 2 kodachis. I mean, I can understand what you're saying, and you do have some good points, but I feel that you are underestimating Saito's ability to adapt to the situations he is put in by his enemy's technqiues, if you know what I mean. But, whatever; I'm not going to get into this argument once again, so I will just stand with what I have said about this match-up, and leave it at that.

titiembe

[34]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 44
    Saito would win, theres no need for such an absurd arguement, really...

8thimpact

[35]Jan 3, 2008
    oh great another genius go ahead enlighten us .....let me guess saito will win using his belt or maybe his shoe no its his cigarette right? he'll burn aoshi as he attacks with that smooth yet uneffective gatotsu

ensatsu-ken

[36]Jan 6, 2008
    8thimpact wrote:
    oh great another genius go ahead enlighten us .....let me guess saito will win using his belt or maybe his shoe no its his cigarette right? he'll burn aoshi as he attacks with that smooth yet uneffective gatotsu

Uneffective ? Looks like someone is underestimating Saito again. So are you saying that it became such a famous and well known signature attack in the series, because it was unaffective ?

8thimpact

[37]Jan 15, 2008

absolutely not the gatotsu is deadly but thats not why its a signature attack .....its so famous because weve seen it every single time saito fights and it looks awesome too yet it is uneffective when using it against aoshi's ninja fighting style with double kodachis....sorry for igniting another argument but it ticks me off when fools make claims without at least some backup at they should at least say why they think saito would win

ensatsu-ken

[38]Jan 16, 2008
    8thimpact wrote:

absolutely not the gatotsu is deadly but thats not why its a signature attack .....its so famous because weve seen it every single time saito fights and it looks awesome too yet it is uneffective when using it against aoshi's ninja fighting style with double kodachis....sorry for igniting another argument but it ticks me off when fools make claims without at least some backup at they should at least say why they think saito would win

Yeah, but at least I provided supporting evidence for my reasoning .

tota1ity

[39]Feb 9, 2008
    • level: 12
    I would vote for Saito.