Samurai X Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2003)

who would claim victory in a duel Double Kodachi Aoshi or Saito

  • Avatar of 8thimpact

    8thimpact

    [41]Mar 2, 2008
    • member since: 10/22/07
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 127

    eh watever ive come to accept the fact that due to saito's attitude and the circumstances with aoshi losing twice to kenshin while saito barely got beat the first time it does really seem as if saito is stronger but i look deep into detail ..to me aoshi can defeat saito.. not easily but he can.. many overlook the fight each swordsman put up against shishio and basically

    saito = 20 seconds

    aoshi = 5 min i respect everyones opinion because saito is one of the best in the series although i like aoshi's style a little better

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ensatsu-ken

    ensatsu-ken

    [42]Mar 2, 2008
    • member since: 10/24/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 6,686
    8thimpact wrote:

    eh watever ive come to accept the fact that due to saito's attitude and the circumstances with aoshi losing twice to kenshin while saito barely got beat the first time it does really seem as if saito is stronger but i look deep into detail ..to me aoshi can defeat saito.. not easily but he can.. many overlook the fight each swordsman put up against shishio and basically

    saito = 20 seconds

    aoshi = 5 min i respect everyones opinion because saito is one of the best in the series although i like aoshi's style a little better



    Aoshi only lasted longer than Saito because Shishio was just toying around with him. And Aoshi himself was only purposely trying to hold Shishio off until Kenshin regained conciousness again, and therefore was seriously trying to fight and kill him, in which case he would lose just as fast as Saito did, IMO. But, I'm not criticising you or anything, I just wanted to point that out.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Crusnic

    Crusnic

    [43]Mar 10, 2008
    • member since: 02/21/07
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 358
    Aoshi Shinomori, merely because he is the Okishira of the Obiwanshuu thats the LEADER and he got it at age 15. Saito was just the un offical battle leader out of ten others and he was like 20 when he did that the difference in skill is huge.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ensatsu-ken

    ensatsu-ken

    [44]Mar 12, 2008
    • member since: 10/24/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 6,686
    Crusnic wrote:
    Aoshi Shinomori, merely because he is the Okishira of the Obiwanshuu thats the LEADER and he got it at age 15. Saito was just the un offical battle leader out of ten others and he was like 20 when he did that the difference in skill is huge.


    How does that prove anything? If you're going to talk about skill, you should actually use evidence from Aoshi's battles in the series, rather than just stating his rank, which doesn't really mean all that much by itself.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SoldierOfGod731

    SoldierOfGod731

    [46]Mar 19, 2008
    • member since: 12/10/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 84

    In my own opinion, maybe Saito will win. Not sure though.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of 8thimpact

    8thimpact

    [48]Aug 12, 2008
    • member since: 10/22/07
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 127
    shishio does not "TOY" with people i mean sanosuke tried to simply punch shishio and look what shishio did to him..he practically destroyed his hand and then broke his forehead sano didnt even pose a threat to him...plus shishio just used his fire technique on saito when all saito received as injuries were cuts to the thighs by Usui who isnt that great yet saito still couldnt even get up...aoshi was hit by an attack that defeated many other opponents in the series and manga and still managed to get up and fight off shishio for some time oh and aoshi was also hit by one of shishio's attack yet he still stood ..if this doesnt prove an extreme level of strength i dont know what does
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ensatsu-ken

    ensatsu-ken

    [50]Aug 20, 2008
    • member since: 10/24/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 6,686
    8thimpact wrote:
    shishio does not "TOY" with people i mean sanosuke tried to simply punch shishio and look what shishio did to him..he practically destroyed his hand and then broke his forehead sano didnt even pose a threat to him...plus shishio just used his fire technique on saito when all saito received as injuries were cuts to the thighs by Usui who isnt that great yet saito still couldnt even get up...aoshi was hit by an attack that defeated many other opponents in the series and manga and still managed to get up and fight off shishio for some time oh and aoshi was also hit by one of shishio's attack yet he still stood ..if this doesnt prove an extreme level of strength i dont know what does


    He f***ed up Sanosuke, and by Shishio's terms, that was "toying" with him. It was almost like him saying that Sano was so weak, that he wasn't even worth killing, because if he truly wasn't toying with Sano, he would have just killed him, to get him out of the way for good.

    Are you kidding me? First of all, if Usui was so weak, like you say, then Shishio wouldn't have even bothered using him. Also, try just slitting your knees (with Saito, he had gashes on both of his legs), and see how painful and difficult it is just to stand. Saito was able to pull of a Gatotsu, burst through a large sold wooden door, and make contact with Shishio. Hell, he would've even killed Shishio right then and there, and Shishio not had that metal plate protecting his forehead.

    And please explain to me how it helps your argument to point out Aoshi's defeat by Kenshin. Sure, he may have sustained a heavier injury, but he lost to Kenshin when Kenshin was trying to avoid fighting him, and didn't want to hurt him very badly. On the other hand, having to go back to that argument of Kenshin's fight with Saito, which I've already done so many times, you're completely forgetting that Saito has fought Kenshin (twice), as Batoussai, rather than just Kenshin, and he came to a draw with him, twice. And, actually, just ignore the first time, since that was years before Aoshi even stepped into the picture of Kenshin's story, and look at their fight in the beginning of the Kyoto arc.

    Saito also toyed with Sanosuke, and then fought Kenshin (who was actually trying to kill him, since he was the Batoussai, once again, for just a few moments). Saito came to a draw with him in that battle too. And he even got Kenshin in a choke-hold position, in which he nearly broke his neck with nothing but his belt, and that was after deflecting an attack with his belt (yes, he even got the better of Kenshin "without his sword").
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.