Samurai X

Purgatory Bursts into Flames

Aired Saturday 10:30 PM Jul 02, 2003 on Cartoon Network

• What a lovely episode.

I am pretty sure everyone knows this but- Purgatory is the first level of hell in a supposed religion where there are eight levels of hell. Purgatory being the first is the best and it's like a heaven in hell (also, please don't report me for cussing when I am using the word in a religious manner and to show a definition). I found it ironic that Shishio's ship is called the Purgatory, being that he wanted to use it for evil purposes and all. And then it burst into flames, so hah hah, nice using the title for the last two previous episodes there.

Sanosuke proves he's got what he takes to be part of the Kenshin and Saito group, which is a lot. Those boms were very powerful; the ones that he through to blow up the Purgatory like that, and maybe Sano will use that punch when he might fight Anji...?

The whole ending part with the group on the rooftop was very nice to watch, starting out with Kaoru and Kenshin in this private little moment and then Yahiko comes along, then Sanosuke, and I was like at that moment "The whole groups back together!" But bam, Misao appears and it was hilarious when she did, gotta love Misao hah hah. Then everyone else appears, and the episode ends. A very nice episode indeed.