Samurai X

Reborn to Salvation

Aired Saturday 10:30 PM Jul 04, 2003 on Cartoon Network

• Anji devulges to Sano why he joined the jupongattona, and why he fights for Shessio. Sano realizes how much they have in common and defeats him before he ends up as Sano almost did

Amazing...this episode still brings the same message of life that Kenshin is known for, but it is somehow different in that Sano and Anji both put their hearts on the line as they display their ideas of salvation. In the end, the hard-headed Sanosuke wins. But wow. This is truily one of my favorite episodes.
  • A sad and exciting episode. Flashback time.

The whole thing with Anji was very sad, and it is understandable to see how he has became after losing the lives of who he has loved dearly, like Tsuaki and the other children in that fire. I guess Sanosuke used to be like that until he met Kenshin and was then saved, and now the same has happened for Anji. I wonder what will happen to him after this is all sorted out, if it is sorted out. The whole battle was pretty good, I am surprised Sanosuke pretty much won against Anji, but, he's not to be underestimated I guess. In the end, Anji isn't really a bad member of the Juppongatana afterall.

I wonder how Kaoru, Yahiko, Misao, and the rest of the Kyoto Oniwaban will deal with the 150 members of the Juppongatana group and the big members, escpecially that stick swinging girl. Maybe Hiko will come, I hope they don't die, escpecially not Misao or Kaoru!!! Niice ending with Usui saying who wants to go to the afterlife first, as well.
  • Sano vs. Anji

I knew this fight has been coming since the episode where Anji trains Sano. Anji is way more powerful than Sanosuke since he is the one that trained him the move and he knows other ways to perform the Futae No Kiwami with his whole body instead of using with only his right hand. Luckily at the end of the fight in part 1, Sanosuke is able to hit Anji with the Futae No Kiwami. In part 2, we see Anji's tragic backstory. It was sad to see how those kids die and how Anji went from a friendly monk to a destroyer of men. Sanosuke and Anji then really fought beyond their limit. This battle is one of my favorive fight in Kenshin.

In the end, Sanosuke defeated and told him that what Anji is doing is making them cry. Anji see the sprits of the kids and they forgive him and that they are watching them. I glad they came to see him because Anji been though a lot things.