Samurai X

Reflections OAV: Act 1 - Beginnings

Aired Saturday 10:30 PM Dec 03, 2001 on Cartoon Network

7.9
  • Well, I love the whole Rurouni Kenshin series but this didn't really satisfy. Threw the whilke thing I couldn't even imagin them beiing the same characters as they are. It was really good but just hard to think of as Rurouni Kenshin.

6.9
    Ok, well this follows a little of the story after the anime ends. It shows Karu Reflecting on her life with Kenshin (shinta). She reflects from her bed (as she has become sick with a disease given to her by Kenshin)and she talks about their love and how she waits for his return. Yahiko (now a young man) visits her and comes to the conclusion that Karu won't be alive much longer. He doesn't know how to find Kenshin (who is also dyinig at this point) but he does decide to go get Kenji. (Karu and Kenshin's son) Kenji has gone off to learn the sword style of his father from the old master, (Kenji looks like he may be about 13) When Yahiko shows up Kenji refuses to go with him. To put it simple it seems that he hates his father, and he doesn't believe his mother wants to see him because she's to focused on seeing kenshin again. Eventually Kenji goes with Yahiko after recievinig the "reverse blade" from Yahiko whom it was passed down to. Way off somwere out of Japan Sano and Kenshin are living. Kenshin's sickness if WAY worse then Karu's is.. he's practically dead and Sano can see that. It also seems that he some memory loss, Sano sends Kenshin back to Japan to see Karu (the one person he seems able to remember) They do meet again at the very end, and then Kenshin dies in her arms.

There, well If you like the whole TV series of Rurouni Kenshin and don't want your opinion on it to change I don't suggest you watch this. It's much more serious, there isn't one funny part in the whole thing (unless you like laughing at pain O_o) If it had been any oter anime I hadn't seen before I probably would have given it a 10 because it was very well done... but it just doesn't seem real. It's way to different.