Samurai X

Cartoon Network (ended 2003)

SrRui

Samurai X Fan Reviews (121)

• Rurouni kenshin is a good anime. It has drama, action and a very good story.

Rurouni kenshin is a good anime. One of the best samurai show I ever watched, but I don't watch too many to put that as a true statement.
    It has drama, action and a very good story. The anime story is one of the best I've ever seen, but I'm talking about the background story, not the character story, which lacks better development. The characters are very good, specially some of the villains. Sometimes I get myself cheering for the villain to win, since the anime don't rotulate the characters as a pure black or white. And I'm not talking about skin color but spiritual color. The anime rotulates most of its characters as a gray color,for an example, even Kenshin has a very dark past.
    What I don't like are the humour parts. Sometimes they are right, but sometimes they are too childish. And this anime isn't an anime made for children.
    Just because of this fact and the fact that the best episodes are in the serie middle (Legend of Kyoto cycle), after that the show loses its power, I can't give it a better note.