Samurai X

The Formation of an Alliance

Aired Saturday 10:30 PM Jun 26, 2003 on Cartoon Network

• Misao is the new leader of the Oniwaban group...

Am I even spelling the group right? Anyway, before I go on about the episode, I loved the part when Hiko is like "This way I'll have more fun torturing, uh, training you" and Kenshin goes "Huh?" and Hiko just says never mind. Nice humour right there lol. The whole episode I enjoyed watching.

I feel so sorry for Misao now, to have all the people she grew up with dead, or betrayed her. Okina and the four others of the Oniwaban died, and Aoshi doesn't even acknowledge her anymore, as if he had never known who she as. Aoshi truly has lost all of his sanity, he must be mentally insane right now, although he doesn't show it. I hope that Misao and him will work things out. So, it was a perfect episode, that it was.
  • Okina vs. Aoshi

I feel sad for Misao because she just found out that the people that were a family to her died from Kanryu's machinegun. The main highlight from this episode is Okina vs. Aoshi battle. Aoshi wanted to do anything to defeat Kenshin, even that means betraying the Oniwabanshu and working for Shishio. As Old Okina is, he can sure kick butt. The battle ended with Okina getting sliced up. Misao came in and saw what just happen to her Grandfather. I'm not really a AoshiXMisao fan but I did feel sorry for her because her Grandfather is seriously hurt by the man her admirer. At end of the episode, she decided that she will take over the role of leader of the Oniwabanshu. I glad her character has developed but she is still an annoying girl.