Samurai X

The Promised Time Has Come

Aired Saturday 10:30 PM Jul 19, 2003 on Cartoon Network

• Is the battle over between Aoshi and Kenshin? And how will the Aoiya do with four of their comrades down and only three standing?

This was a very good episode, I was dissapointed though at Aoshi though, not realizing his own mistake like that... and Kenshin having to yell it all out, I mean, Kenshin yells a lot of things out lately. So Aoshi was the reason for all the meaningless banter, that kind of weighed the episode down for me, because Aoshi would just say "you don't understand" like three times and not fight which was kind of dull, but when they did engage in combat it was really good, I didn't even see that Kenshin got hit on the neck, avoiding a fatal hit by an inch. But, has Aoshi finally realized his mistake, or will Kenshin just have to keep beating the snot out of him until he does?

It sucks that they didn't take all that talking time between Kenshin and Aoshi and transfer it to the battle between the Aoiya group and the Juppongata... that was quick, the four of them fell almost instantly, that sumo guy really took them out. But now, with three against three, and the good guys being Misao, Yahiko, and Kaoru, can they possibly withstand the famously powerful Juppongata, all specializing in things possibly stronger than swordsmanship? We'll see next time... hopefully.