A Rush Community
Network Ten (ended 2011)

Oh USA Network, don't ever change. Now that Psych is over and White Collar is on the way out, the network that loves its spies, doctors, and lawyers is prepping to beef up its lineup with new shows, one of them being a twist on the medical genre in Rush. The series is essentially a mash-up of Ray Donovan and Royal Pains, with Tom Ellis starring as an unaffiliated doctor making house calls for people who need discreet medical care. And he likes to party! Take a look:

USA has not yet announced a premiere date for the series—so far it's only "coming soon"—but let's here your first impressions in the comments. Are you... ready to RUSH!?!?! (USA, feel free to use that tagline.)

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 11/17/2011

Season 4 : Episode 13

4 Comments
Comments (11)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
From this very short trailer it doesn't look bad (visually and such). The guy seems charismatic/fun enough but one will have to see what the cases are about and what is his personal story/background... If the cases are light (like the guy with the nether region issue), it could be fun although hardly compelling... Now if it is about a doc who does things like covering domestic abuse for money... That does not seem like a very sympathetic doctor...
Flag
A Canadian production with a British actor , On a US TV Network now thats interesting
Fun Facts About Tom Ellis

He played a Doctor in so many British television shows like EastEnders , Doctor Who ,
so i think he knows how to play doctor ..

he also played the role of Robin Hood in once upon a time for one episode later changed with Sean Maguire
Flag
I love USA, but I'm not feeling this one....it seems a little too dark. As in, the main character doesn't seem likable. I'll give it a try, but I'm not expecting it to be as good as Suits, White Collar, Fairly Legal, or Graceland.
Flag
Now it might be because it is past 3am here. But that looks an awful lot like Royal Pains if Hank was kind of a scumbag and in Beverlly Hills instead of the Hamptons. I agree with your assessment, It looks like the writers of this show got really high and then watch Royal Pains and Ray Donovan? And then bam, "original content". And with this USA continues it's downward spiral. Although after watching that trailer I don't think they are spiraling, more making a B line towards the ground at full speed.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members