S-CRY-Ed Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2005)

What if 4kids dubbed S-Cry-Ed

  • Avatar of gunner_yuna123

    gunner_yuna123

    [1]May 16, 2006
    • member since: 06/17/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 4,844
    What would 4kids do to S-Cry-Ed if they dubbed it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Mimori

    Mimori

    [2]May 17, 2006
    • member since: 05/13/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 419

    I think they'd probably butcher it, just like Toonami did to Neon Genesis Evangelion. 4kids and some other companies ruined some really good anime by editing the shows so much. The dubs aren't even close to the original japanese version. I may be nuts or something, but that's just my opinion. 
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Asterisk09

    Asterisk09

    [3]May 19, 2006
    • member since: 07/20/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 635
    if 4kids dubbed S-Cry-Ed, Kanami would be very annoying.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Mimori

    Mimori

    [4]May 19, 2006
    • member since: 05/13/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 419
    Asterisk09 wrote:
    if 4kids dubbed S-Cry-Ed, Kanami would be very annoying.



    I agree with you there. I like how she is now, and I'd be pissed if 4kids decided to dub s-cry-ed.


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Asterisk09

    Asterisk09

    [5]Jun 20, 2006
    • member since: 07/20/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 635
    Kanami would be this ultra-annoying little girl with a whiny voice and immature personality.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kenn_judai_88

    kenn_judai_88

    [6]Jun 23, 2006
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 50
    • rank: Airwolf
    • posts: 1,155
    Ryuho would have a stinking British accent.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Mimori

    Mimori

    [7]Jun 23, 2006
    • member since: 05/13/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 419

    kenn_judai_88 wrote:
    Ryuho would have a stinking British accent.


    I totally agree. That british/austrailian (sorry about my awful spelling. I am autistic so spelling/grammar is kind of a weak point for me. lol) accent is okay once in a while, but not with a JAPANESE character. Jeeze! That just really annoys me.  I also think Scheris's and Mimori's and Kanami's voices would be higher pitched and super annoying if 4kids dubbed the series. Also, the series wouldn't be as good if they dubbed it cuz it would be edited way too much because of the stuff that's in it, like the language and the violence and stuff.


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of carpexnoctem

    carpexnoctem

    [8]Jun 26, 2006
    • member since: 09/14/04
    • level: 31
    • rank: Blues Brother
    • posts: 675
    This is an interesting topic. I wonder what they might change with Urizane (the watermelon guy)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JavierP3

    JavierP3

    [9]Jul 8, 2006
    • member since: 01/08/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 313
    Not even 4Kids could get Scheris's voice higher, not without hiring mice.  I do like the voice actress even though she's not that convinving on Ghost in the Shell. 


    We'd see Urizane giving some corny line like, "Kids, remember to eat all your fruit and vegetables; but leave me the melons!"

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of atlantismonkey

    atlantismonkey

    [10]Jul 9, 2006
    • member since: 02/07/06
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 4,616
    JavierP3 wrote:
    Not even 4Kids could get Scheris's voice higher, not without hiring mice.  I do like the voice actress even though she's not that convinving on Ghost in the Shell. 


    We'd see Urizane giving some corny line like, "Kids, remember to eat all your fruit and vegetables; but leave me the melons!"
    mice!rotfl
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ladydragonair

    ladydragonair

    [11]Jul 9, 2006
    • member since: 06/27/06
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 50
    JavierP3 wrote:
    Not even 4Kids could get Scheris's voice higher, not without hiring mice. 


    LMAO
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GuardiansofVeil

    GuardiansofVeil

    [12]Jul 11, 2006
    • member since: 07/09/06
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 134
    i would not watch the show if 4kids dubbed it... is S-CRY-Ed even on 4kids
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ox3lordron

    Ox3lordron

    [13]Jul 14, 2006
    • member since: 01/04/05
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 29

    Then most of the scenes and profanities would be cut out from this anime.  We won't be watching then.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Shining_Bullet

    Shining_Bullet

    [14]Jul 26, 2006
    • member since: 07/25/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 661
    they couldn't, they would have to completely revamp the show, too much blood and gore, and u would see the final scene when ryuhou cuts kazuma's arm off and he regens it. my opinion is, 4kids wouldn't even be able to touch it without cutting over 3/4 if the show out. simple as that. characters would be crappy, storyline wouldn't make sense, and it would be chaos for all of us who watch it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Fysti

    Fysti

    [15]Jul 27, 2006
    • member since: 07/20/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 147
    Shining_Bullet wrote:
    they couldn't, they would have to completely revamp the show, too much blood and gore, and u would see the final scene when ryuhou cuts kazuma's arm off and he regens it. my opinion is, 4kids wouldn't even be able to touch it without cutting over 3/4 if the show out. simple as that. characters would be crappy, storyline wouldn't make sense, and it would be chaos for all of us who watch it.
    You really should warn peole if your going to put spoilers in your post.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Shining_Bullet

    Shining_Bullet

    [16]Jul 27, 2006
    • member since: 07/25/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 661
    ooo, yeah i forgot about that, sorry. wont happen again.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of carpexnoctem

    carpexnoctem

    [17]Aug 2, 2006
    • member since: 09/14/04
    • level: 31
    • rank: Blues Brother
    • posts: 675
    Fysti wrote:
    Shining_Bullet wrote:
    they couldn't, they would have to completely revamp the show, too much blood and gore, and u would see the final scene when ryuhou cuts kazuma's arm off and he regens it. my opinion is, 4kids wouldn't even be able to touch it without cutting over 3/4 if the show out. simple as that. characters would be crappy, storyline wouldn't make sense, and it would be chaos for all of us who watch it.
    You really should warn peole if your going to put spoilers in your post.


    lol geez I second that. Good thing I've seen the anime all the way through a few times already.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Shining_Bullet

    Shining_Bullet

    [18]Aug 3, 2006
    • member since: 07/25/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 661
    i said i'm sorry, lol...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Fysti

    Fysti

    [19]Aug 3, 2006
    • member since: 07/20/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 147
    carpexnoctem wrote:
    Fysti wrote:
    Shining_Bullet wrote:
    they couldn't, they would have to completely revamp the show, too much blood and gore, and u would see the final scene when ryuhou cuts kazuma's arm off and he regens it. my opinion is, 4kids wouldn't even be able to touch it without cutting over 3/4 if the show out. simple as that. characters would be crappy, storyline wouldn't make sense, and it would be chaos for all of us who watch it.
    You really should warn peole if your going to put spoilers in your post.


    lol geez I second that. Good thing I've seen the anime all the way through a few times already.
    Reason I said that was because I haven't seen the end yet *cries* Im such a loser!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Shining_Bullet

    Shining_Bullet

    [20]Aug 4, 2006
    • member since: 07/25/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 661
    lol, i'm sorry, geez, how many times will i have to say it?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.