does ANYBODY want or feel there should be a countinuation of sabrina in some way

Buffycharmgeek

[1]Sep 7, 2008
    • level: 6

i was just wondering if anyone had ever thought of what happened after sabrina and harvey went of together does anybody feel that the story had potentail to have a spin off of some kind after a perfect ending how feels the show had more to offer

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Flexie52

[2]Feb 13, 2009
    Buffycharmgeek wrote:

i was just wondering if anyone had ever thought of what happened after sabrina and harvey went of together does anybody feel that the story had potentail to have a spin off of some kind after a perfect ending how feels the show had more to offer

Or maybe just a few episodes of them with a kid or something like that and the kids like the next Sabrina.

Basically what they did with Get Smart they did about 5 episodes of them their son is now the new Max.

Kadodian

[3]Feb 27, 2009
    • level: 23
    I'm reading the comics and watching the movies for the first time and watching the animated series after a long time and even rewatching the episodes so I'm getting enough Sabrina intake. In my oponion Sabrina did reach it's full potential. Seven season is a long time. Today shows aren't likely to get past a fourth season. Sabrina told all the stories it could and it even got kind of boring after a while. The show went downhill after season four. Season seven was so dragged out I actually stopped watching after the fifth episode but then I watched it on DVD.

PiperPrueLover4

[4]Mar 25, 2009
    • level: 18
    The only decent spinoff I can see would involve Salem, Hilda and Zelda. The reason Season 7 sucked so much was because the aunts weren't there.

SillySophie

[5]Mar 29, 2009
    • level: 9
    The charm of the first few seasons was watching Sabrina learn about her magic. By season seven when she pretty much stopped doing magic and her aunts/teachers were gone the show got stale. I don't know what a good continuation or spin off idea would be that could capture the same feeling of Sabrina's high school years. Maybe a guy version, but Sabrina was pretty neurotic and I don't know how well that would translate into a boy character. How about something that was set in the other realm, like from the Quizmaster's point of view?

Kingcool7789

[6]Apr 6, 2009
    • level: 39
    I think Sabrina is done for good. I don't think there should be a spin-off because basicly everything has been told.

Bones_lover

[7]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 20
    there is a difference between want and need. I want but I don't need Sabrina to have a spin-off. You see I think it maxed out. It would be nice to see Sabrina's and Harvey's child and see where they live and maybe see what happened to Roxie,Morgan,Miles,Salem,Zelda,Hilda, and many more charcters we saw. I think Sabrina The Teenage Witch should lay in peace in the graveyard of good shows and not come back from the dead with a spin-off. Some spin-offs make it, like Angel was a Spin-off of Buffy The Vampire Slayer and it was a good one but others shouldn't get Spin-offs and Sabrina The Teenage Witch is one of them.I still Love Sabrina and watchit. it is was a great show sometimes it got boring but it didn't stop me from watching and I think nothing can get close to how good the ending was. at 12:36 Harvey and Sabrina left and the soul rock things fell into place. I liked the ending and let the ending stay that way.

Booncion

[8]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 3

Eh! I'd rather a VERY, VERY, VERY, well-written, made-for-TV reunion movie was made for the "Sabrina, The Teenage Witch" series rather than a spin-off series. During the series' run they tried NUMEROUS times to give the character Amanda a spin-off but they failed miserably. I imagine that the producers wouldn't want to go into that venture/direction again. A TV reunion movie however could prove to be very successful if done the right way.

I agree with Buffycharmgeek & Bones_lover that I'd like to see some sort of epilogue, and see what happened to the future of ALL of our favorite characters from the series, but ONLY if it were done in a way that were completely & totally original. What I mean by original is that usually whenever an old TV series does a reunion movie the plot is always a cliche one such as: the characters reuniting for a highschool reunion, a reunion for the wedding of two characters who were a supercouple during the series, a reunion to save a special place where all the characters had grown up in the series from construction, a character finally revealing their long, deep, dark secret during the series to their friends (or in some cases to the world), horrible, horrible, horrible continuity errors where the characters decide to suddenly reminisce about the past & mention stuff in the movie that had never occurred to them during the series, etc.

Should a reunion movie ever be made the plot should be something exciting, fresh, new, and never before been done to death (to the point of ad nauseum) in old TV Show reunion movie history. Sabrina should (obviously) be the main character & core focus of the story rather than going down the cliche route of making it all about her children. Salem should be the 2nd main character since he's been in every single episode and non-canon movies from the series. And every other character who we've loved throughout the series should (obviously) be strong, supporting characters in the movie with equal amounts of screentime for everyone. Should it be made it should also air of course on a Sunday Night on ABC (that is if ABC still airs family movies on Sunday nights?).

The potential for an excellent "Sabrina, The Teenage Witch" reunion TV-Movie is out there. It all really depends though if all of the original producers, directors, writers, cast & crew would be willing to do it or not. I sure hope so because I would much rather see Melissa Joan Hart reprise her role as Sabrina for one last time rather than to see her waste her talent away in these lame made-for-TV movies (which coincidentally feature other old & washed up 90's TV stars such as Mario Lopez & Joey Lawrence) that air on ABC Family.

Edited on 04/16/2009 3:19am
    Edited 3 total times.

Buffycharmgeek

[9]May 19, 2009
    Agreed if ever there was a renunion movie the stoyline would have to be fresh. I kinda invisioned a older sbairna and harvey being a mordern day Bewitched. i personally would have loved for them to tie up all loose ends like Jenny's sudden apperance and other small things by showing what happened to the character in an iventive way. hwoever that would harldy happen evern if there was a movie. i do agree that sabrina lost it's edge toward the end (don't all shows) but i do think a story is still there. it would have to take palce years after though i have loads of fnatatsic ivisonment's harvey and sabrina stuggling to keep a baby becuase of the witches council rules. there baby learning magic being a complet opposite of sabrina otherwise it would be boring. seeing the aunties again. and i think all in all the perfect ending would be slaem saying you have no idea. this was an original ending line for an alternative sabrina finale. i think it would be a nice mirror of the first episode. for example sabrina saying look i am/ my girl is going into the big bad world at last. the him syaing that line. anyways thanks for the coments

scaredyett

[10]Aug 15, 2009
    • level: 2
    i think that you needed to appreciate sabrina in all its forms to appreciate the series, everyone is saying season 7 sucked, it was actually one of my favoite seasons! granted you need to have the initial begining where she becomes a witch, and the quizmaster theme and family secret was a great ongoing story, but my only sadness to season 7 was that aunt hilda and zelda werent in it. when the series moved to the wb there was a more grown up, inuendo tone that i found so funny, but the series as a whole is a great family show, and someone like me who read the comics growing up can really appreciate how it was on television! I loved roxie, it wasx great to see soleil moon frye again, and morgan was just so funny, miles wasnt my favorite, but like anything in real life you meet people and they come and go, so i don't regret people like him and jenny were on the show , they made the show the way it was. i wish ewe saw more time of valerie (lindsay sloane) and i was so disapointed when harvey left i wa sliek the series is about harvey and sabrina but it was a great twist when they brought him back!

So ican't relate when all you gusy keep saying the series got bad in teh 7th season, it had it's run, say what you want but i was a fan from episode 1 to episode 163. i had heard the series if it was to go into an 8th season would be about sabrina and harvey moving in with each other, that would have been cool to see, especially when we got into harvey and salem communicating with each other, one can't say that wasn't so funny.

also i don;t know why everyone is making it sound that bad (season 7), the workplace with the guest stars was a great addition to teh series, granted they probably only did the whole music stars eachw eek to boost ratings but it still was funny and a nice new adventure for sabrina to be in. I do hope a new movie would be made, but i think it won;t being that in the comics sabrina doesn't age past high school, so it would be taking it to a new level which i'm not sure how they would do that, whether it would be archie comics or cbs. but archie comics is taking archie into the future with a wedding. i suggest to any sabrina fans to check out the manga series, (comic) it was a serial taht at first i was mad they were doing but turned out really cool! it recently ended, and the bummer is that i dont think another sabrina series is planned right niow, but it was really cool.

KingofIPirates

[11]Sep 9, 2009
    • level: 32
    Nope, not at all.

ZmaXcharmvill3

[12]Sep 11, 2009
    • level: 5
    i don't know if anyone mentioned this but...well the epiosde where Amanda came back and Sabrina took her to the Magic school with the talking dog and the bad boy witch, was supposed to be a spin-off but the network decided not to make it into a show...but i think it would have been a really fun show.

buffyjl

[13]Sep 29, 2009
    • level: 20

scaredyett wrote:
    i suggest to any sabrina fans to check out the manga series, (comic) it was a serial taht at first i was mad they were doing but turned out really cool! it recently ended, and the bummer is that i dont think another sabrina series is planned right niow, but it was really cool.

I hope her Aunts were still there in this finale version!

JustinLHA

[14]Oct 3, 2009
    • level: 2
    yeah but only if they brought back the original characters, and picked up right where they left off, none of that "10 years later..." stuff

Effie_lalalies

[15]Oct 24, 2009
    • level: 1
    I think they should have but now its too late.

buckmana

[16]Oct 26, 2009
    • level: 14
    Well, a continuation would have been nice, if they had somewhere to go.

7 years is a good lifespan for any show.

Mind you, with a good show, I keep watching it until it reaches the end. And this is one I would have kept watching.

Since the Sabrina/Amanda dynamic was developing somewhat at the end of season 7, I would have liked to see that continue.

Amanda is my favorite guest character.

It's a shame that Witchright Hall series never took off, I would have loved a spinoff based around Amanda.

ireeagle

[17]Feb 7, 2010
    buffyjl wrote:

scaredyett wrote:
    i suggest to any sabrina fans to check out the manga series, (comic) it was a serial taht at first i was mad they were doing but turned out really cool! it recently ended, and the bummer is that i dont think another sabrina series is planned right niow, but it was really cool.

I hope her Aunts were still there in this finale version!

One aunt came back, but the other aunt appeared to be a candle, because the actress who played that aunt never returned to the series after season 6. Her name is Beth broderick, she should not have been absent in that series finale, that is lame.

TeemerDJ

[18]Aug 21, 2010
    • level: 12
    The problem wasn't the disappearance of the Aunts in Season 7, as they had run their course by the 5th season. The problem was; Sabrina's complete non-use of magic, throughout the entire season. And the fact that the entire show had also ran it's course. I feel that we should have some sort of rap up for the entire season, but you know it's been, seven years since the show ended, I don't know exactly what kind of epilogue we could have, and what actors/characters would return besides Melissa and Nick Bakay.

Princess_Pinky

[19]Oct 16, 2010
    • level: 11

Buffycharmgeek wrote:

A spinoff would be fantastic! I'd love to see Sabrina and Harvey's daughter growing up as a teenage witch for the next generation. I grew up with Sabrina and whenever I have kids, it will definitely be a show I'm going to have on DVD for my kids to watch (along with Rugrats). They have such awful shows (like Spongebob) on for children's television now and that kind of mindless comedy just kills me.

ireeagle

[20]Nov 8, 2010

If...

1) there a season 8, then Beth Broderick would have come back to guest star in one episode.

2) season 7 is the final season, the Beth Broderick should have guest starred in the series finale.