How Did Harvey Find Out She's A Witch?

  • Avatar of Booncy

    Booncy

    [1]Jul 7, 2006
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 651
    I just rewatched the episode where Harvey finds out Sabrina's a witch (The End Of An Era), and quite frankly I just don't get it! Sabrina was stuck in quicksand throughout the 2nd half of the episode while Harvey & Josh were struggling through the obstacle course. She had no way of using her magic (since her hands were stuck in quicksand), so just how did Harvey come to the conclusion that she's a witch. If anything he should've come to the conclusion that last night was either a really weird dream or that (like his best friend Brad was telling him all throughout season 4) there's something really weird about Sabrina. He shouldn't of necessarily came to the conclusion that she was a witch that quickly!
    Edited on 07/07/2006 1:02pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of calicow

    calicow

    [2]Jul 7, 2006
    • member since: 06/22/05
    • level: 53
    • rank: Commander in Chief
    • posts: 3,153
    Harvey came to the conclusion that Sabrina was a witch after the friendship spell she put on Harvey and Josh. After Sabrina was home, cleaning up, she got a postcard from the Witch's council regard the spell quota for Harvey. He then went over to ask her about being a witch, and ultimately broke up with her.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of buffyjl

    buffyjl

    [3]Jul 11, 2006
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 5,105

    Sabrina's quota of spells on Harvey was max'd out. That's alot of spells we're talking about that Sabrina excusilized over 4 years time.
    Harvey remembered the last spell and must have realized all 4 years of excuses were lies. The only thing that made sense was Sabrina casting spells on him, hence she's a witch.

    I guess if it weren't the last ABC ep, they would have explained better how Harvey came to that conclusion. But they just ended it on a bang twist.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Gracegirl127

    Gracegirl127

    [4]Nov 11, 2006
    • member since: 11/12/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 127
    Which episode was that on?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of shelley06

    shelley06

    [5]Nov 11, 2006
    • member since: 12/18/05
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 800
    Season 4's finale "The End of an Era"  (it was the last episode to air on TGIF on ABC).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of charmed05

    charmed05

    [6]Nov 14, 2006
    • member since: 06/03/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,220
    what the second poster said. We don't see it, but they break up cuz she's a witch? I know he wants to talk about it. Yeah, too bad. But they end up together.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of shelley06

    shelley06

    [7]Nov 14, 2006
    • member since: 12/18/05
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 800
    Yes, Harvey breaks up with Sabrina because she is a witch (and didn't tell him). Though the viewer does not see this and is not 100% positive why they break up they are supposed to draw the conclusion that it is because she is a witch. When they come back for Season 5 Sabrina is in "therapy" to get over the break-up.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of buffyjl

    buffyjl

    [8]Dec 6, 2006
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 5,105

    shelley06 wrote:
    Yes, Harvey breaks up with Sabrina because she is a witch (and didn't tell him). Though the viewer does not see this and is not 100% positive why they break up they are supposed to draw the conclusion that it is because she is a witch. When they come back for Season 5 Sabrina is in "therapy" to get over the break-up.

    It was funny how Salem was also in therapy cause he missed Harvey, his "best friend".

    And the therapist was the voice actor who played Spiderman in the 80s and Bumblebee in Transformers!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SpriteWolf

    SpriteWolf

    [9]Dec 6, 2006
    • member since: 06/06/05
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 218
    Okay, I get all that, but what about the whole mouse thing? Was Sabrina turned into a mouse when Harvey said she was a witch? And if so, then how was she changed back?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of buffyjl

    buffyjl

    [10]Dec 7, 2006
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 5,105

    SpriteWolf wrote:
    Okay, I get all that, but what about the whole mouse thing? Was Sabrina turned into a mouse when Harvey said she was a witch? And if so, then how was she changed back?

    No, that did not happen.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tennistaylor

    tennistaylor

    [11]Aug 14, 2007
    • member since: 09/03/06
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 414
    what episode does harvey first come back?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lovelyloopy

    lovelyloopy

    [12]Aug 14, 2007
    • member since: 01/22/07
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 34
    i am not sure but didn't morgan like date harvey for some time when he came 2 see sabrina in college and he was there when they were moving into her aunt's house
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bubblez2

    bubblez2

    [13]Aug 15, 2007
    • member since: 08/15/06
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 27

    yes he did indeed start seeing Morgan, and Sabrina was also dating Josh (finally) but they had broke if off by the time Sabrina and the others moved into the home. By then they were all just friends and Harvey help Sabrina get out of alot of sticky situation. By the way...Bonus point ô¿ô.....Who played the other aunt and what was the aunts name.....hint....it is not Aunt Vesta ò¿ò

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of abercrombiegrl

    abercrombiegrl

    [14]Aug 15, 2007
    • member since: 06/09/07
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 184
    bubblez2 wrote:

    yes he did indeed start seeing Morgan, and Sabrina was also dating Josh (finally) but they had broke if off by the time Sabrina and the others moved into the home. By then they were all just friends and Harvey help Sabrina get out of alot of sticky situation. By the way...Bonus point ô¿ô.....Who played the other aunt and what was the aunts name.....hint....it is not Aunt Vesta ò¿ò

    Which aunt are you talking about? there were alot.

    My guess is aunt Irma

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of abercrombiegrl

    abercrombiegrl

    [15]Aug 15, 2007
    • member since: 06/09/07
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 184
    oh and Barbara Eden played her sorry I didnt see that part 'till after I posted it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dayspassions91

    dayspassions91

    [16]Aug 16, 2007
    • member since: 08/20/05
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 338
    buffyjl wrote:

    SpriteWolf wrote:
    Okay, I get all that, but what about the whole mouse thing? Was Sabrina turned into a mouse when Harvey said she was a witch? And if so, then how was she changed back?

    No, that did not happen.

    Sabrina couldn't have turned into a mouse when she revealed her powers to Harvey because Harvey wasn't a witch hunter (a witch must reveal herself in front of a witch hunter to be condemned to live as a mouse for 100 years... If I remember correctly that happened to Dreama, not Sabrina; Dreama got turned into a mouse after accidentally spilling the beans about her being a witch to Brad, who had a rare witch hunter gene. The only way Dreama could be restored without waiting a whole century was to extract the gene from Brad.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dennisdilov

    dennisdilov

    [17]Aug 20, 2007
    • member since: 02/13/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 316
    dayspassions91 wrote:
    buffyjl wrote:

    SpriteWolf wrote:
    Okay, I get all that, but what about the whole mouse thing? Was Sabrina turned into a mouse when Harvey said she was a witch? And if so, then how was she changed back?

    No, that did not happen.

    Sabrina couldn't have turned into a mouse when she revealed her powers to Harvey because Harvey wasn't a witch hunter (a witch must reveal herself in front of a witch hunter to be condemned to live as a mouse for 100 years... If I remember correctly that happened to Dreama, not Sabrina; Dreama got turned into a mouse after accidentally spilling the beans about her being a witch to Brad, who had a rare witch hunter gene. The only way Dreama could be restored without waiting a whole century was to extract the gene from Brad.



    Brad was such a random character to be a witch hunter, I would think that thye would have made Mr. Kraft a witch Hunter because he always suspected that something was weird with Sabrina!!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of shelley06

    shelley06

    [18]Aug 20, 2007
    • member since: 12/18/05
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 800
    tennistaylor wrote:
    what episode does harvey first come back?

    He has a brief cameo in season 5's "Beach Blanket Bizarro."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dayspassions91

    dayspassions91

    [19]Aug 20, 2007
    • member since: 08/20/05
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 338
    dennisdilov wrote:
    dayspassions91 wrote:
    buffyjl wrote:

    SpriteWolf wrote:
    Okay, I get all that, but what about the whole mouse thing? Was Sabrina turned into a mouse when Harvey said she was a witch? And if so, then how was she changed back?

    No, that did not happen.

    Sabrina couldn't have turned into a mouse when she revealed her powers to Harvey because Harvey wasn't a witch hunter (a witch must reveal herself in front of a witch hunter to be condemned to live as a mouse for 100 years... If I remember correctly that happened to Dreama, not Sabrina; Dreama got turned into a mouse after accidentally spilling the beans about her being a witch to Brad, who had a rare witch hunter gene. The only way Dreama could be restored without waiting a whole century was to extract the gene from Brad.



    Brad was such a random character to be a witch hunter, I would think that thye would have made Mr. Kraft a witch Hunter because he always suspected that something was weird with Sabrina!!!!

    What about Libby?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of buffyjl

    buffyjl

    [20]Aug 23, 2007
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 5,105
    dayspassions91 wrote:
    dennisdilov wrote:
    dayspassions91 wrote:
    buffyjl wrote:

    SpriteWolf wrote:
    Okay, I get all that, but what about the whole mouse thing? Was Sabrina turned into a mouse when Harvey said she was a witch? And if so, then how was she changed back?

    No, that did not happen.

    Sabrina couldn't have turned into a mouse when she revealed her powers to Harvey because Harvey wasn't a witch hunter (a witch must reveal herself in front of a witch hunter to be condemned to live as a mouse for 100 years... If I remember correctly that happened to Dreama, not Sabrina; Dreama got turned into a mouse after accidentally spilling the beans about her being a witch to Brad, who had a rare witch hunter gene. The only way Dreama could be restored without waiting a whole century was to extract the gene from Brad.

    Brad was such a random character to be a witch hunter, I would think that thye would have made Mr. Kraft a witch Hunter because he always suspected that something was weird with Sabrina!!!!
    What about Libby?

    Libby or Mr.Kraft is a great idea, but too serious a twist for a regular episode. It would make an amazing story for a Sabrina movie, though.


    Like they find evidence that Libby is a witch hunter, and her attitude all makes sense now why she thought Sabrina was a freak. Sabrina, Hilda, and Zelda begin the gene/jean operation on Libby, but discover they were wrong, she's not a witch-hunter after all.

    Hilda: So she's really just an arrogant snob?
    Sabrina: Yes. And that really makes alot of sense. I can't let her see me wearing this surgeon costume, or I'll never hear the end of it!

    Just then, Mr. Kraft walks in, catches them in the act, and Hilda & Zelda turn into mice. Sabrina comes back down and realizes Mr.Kraft was the witch hunter all along. It proves why he was always attracted to witches like Hilda, Zelda, and his ex-wife.
    Salem figures Kraft must have a recessive witch hunter gene which is why they were able to magic around him all these years; but this time they were caught way too red-handed so it activated.

    With Harvey's help, Sabrina gets Mr.Kraft behind an x-ray machine; but the recessive gene/jean is too small for the surgery. So they take him back in time to meet his ancestor, who was the biggest which hunter in 1609 Salem Massachusetts. But Kraft and Granpa Willard become such good chums, that it backfires and Sabrina begins to fade out.

    Harvey uses reverse psychology and locks the 2 Krafts in a supply room together. After being stuck for hours with him, Mr.Kraft ends up hating Granpa Willard. This results in his gene being completely rejected and Sabrina re-materializes.
    When they get back home, Hilda and Zelda are back to normal, but Mr.Kraft seems alot more care-free and cheerful.

    Sabrina: Wow, I never thought Mr.Kraft. could be so likable. ...but he's still a dweeb, right?
    Zelda: Unfortunately, DNA surgery wouldn't even change that.

    The End

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.