How Did Harvey Find Out She's A Witch?

Booncy

[1]Jul 7, 2006
    • level: 10
    I just rewatched the episode where Harvey finds out Sabrina's a witch (The End Of An Era), and quite frankly I just don't get it! Sabrina was stuck in quicksand throughout the 2nd half of the episode while Harvey & Josh were struggling through the obstacle course. She had no way of using her magic (since her hands were stuck in quicksand), so just how did Harvey come to the conclusion that she's a witch. If anything he should've come to the conclusion that last night was either a really weird dream or that (like his best friend Brad was telling him all throughout season 4) there's something really weird about Sabrina. He shouldn't of necessarily came to the conclusion that she was a witch that quickly!
    Edited on 07/07/2006 1:02pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

calicow

[2]Jul 7, 2006
    • level: 53
    Harvey came to the conclusion that Sabrina was a witch after the friendship spell she put on Harvey and Josh. After Sabrina was home, cleaning up, she got a postcard from the Witch's council regard the spell quota for Harvey. He then went over to ask her about being a witch, and ultimately broke up with her.

buffyjl

[3]Jul 11, 2006
    • level: 20

Sabrina's quota of spells on Harvey was max'd out. That's alot of spells we're talking about that Sabrina excusilized over 4 years time.
    Harvey remembered the last spell and must have realized all 4 years of excuses were lies. The only thing that made sense was Sabrina casting spells on him, hence she's a witch.

I guess if it weren't the last ABC ep, they would have explained better how Harvey came to that conclusion. But they just ended it on a bang twist.

Gracegirl127

[4]Nov 11, 2006
    • level: 4
    Which episode was that on?

shelley06

[5]Nov 11, 2006
    • level: 21
    Season 4's finale "The End of an Era"  (it was the last episode to air on TGIF on ABC).

charmed05

[6]Nov 14, 2006
    • level: 15
    what the second poster said. We don't see it, but they break up cuz she's a witch? I know he wants to talk about it. Yeah, too bad. But they end up together.

shelley06

[7]Nov 14, 2006
    Yes, Harvey breaks up with Sabrina because she is a witch (and didn't tell him). Though the viewer does not see this and is not 100% positive why they break up they are supposed to draw the conclusion that it is because she is a witch. When they come back for Season 5 Sabrina is in "therapy" to get over the break-up.

buffyjl

[8]Dec 6, 2006

shelley06 wrote:
    Yes, Harvey breaks up with Sabrina because she is a witch (and didn't tell him). Though the viewer does not see this and is not 100% positive why they break up they are supposed to draw the conclusion that it is because she is a witch. When they come back for Season 5 Sabrina is in "therapy" to get over the break-up.

It was funny how Salem was also in therapy cause he missed Harvey, his "best friend".

And the therapist was the voice actor who played Spiderman in the 80s and Bumblebee in Transformers!

SpriteWolf

[9]Dec 6, 2006
    • level: 12
    Okay, I get all that, but what about the whole mouse thing? Was Sabrina turned into a mouse when Harvey said she was a witch? And if so, then how was she changed back?

buffyjl

[10]Dec 7, 2006

SpriteWolf wrote:
    Okay, I get all that, but what about the whole mouse thing? Was Sabrina turned into a mouse when Harvey said she was a witch? And if so, then how was she changed back?

No, that did not happen.

tennistaylor

[11]Aug 14, 2007
    • level: 11
    what episode does harvey first come back?

lovelyloopy

[12]Aug 14, 2007
    i am not sure but didn't morgan like date harvey for some time when he came 2 see sabrina in college and he was there when they were moving into her aunt's house

bubblez2

[13]Aug 15, 2007
    • level: 2

yes he did indeed start seeing Morgan, and Sabrina was also dating Josh (finally) but they had broke if off by the time Sabrina and the others moved into the home. By then they were all just friends and Harvey help Sabrina get out of alot of sticky situation. By the way...Bonus point ô¿ô.....Who played the other aunt and what was the aunts name.....hint....it is not Aunt Vesta ò¿ò

abercrombiegrl

[14]Aug 15, 2007
    bubblez2 wrote:

yes he did indeed start seeing Morgan, and Sabrina was also dating Josh (finally) but they had broke if off by the time Sabrina and the others moved into the home. By then they were all just friends and Harvey help Sabrina get out of alot of sticky situation. By the way...Bonus point ô¿ô.....Who played the other aunt and what was the aunts name.....hint....it is not Aunt Vesta ò¿ò

Which aunt are you talking about? there were alot.

My guess is aunt Irma

abercrombiegrl

[15]Aug 15, 2007
    oh and Barbara Eden played her sorry I didnt see that part 'till after I posted it.

dayspassions91

[16]Aug 16, 2007
    • level: 6
    buffyjl wrote:

SpriteWolf wrote:

No, that did not happen.

Sabrina couldn't have turned into a mouse when she revealed her powers to Harvey because Harvey wasn't a witch hunter (a witch must reveal herself in front of a witch hunter to be condemned to live as a mouse for 100 years... If I remember correctly that happened to Dreama, not Sabrina; Dreama got turned into a mouse after accidentally spilling the beans about her being a witch to Brad, who had a rare witch hunter gene. The only way Dreama could be restored without waiting a whole century was to extract the gene from Brad.

dennisdilov

[17]Aug 20, 2007
    • level: 7
    dayspassions91 wrote:
    buffyjl wrote:

SpriteWolf wrote:

No, that did not happen.

Sabrina couldn't have turned into a mouse when she revealed her powers to Harvey because Harvey wasn't a witch hunter (a witch must reveal herself in front of a witch hunter to be condemned to live as a mouse for 100 years... If I remember correctly that happened to Dreama, not Sabrina; Dreama got turned into a mouse after accidentally spilling the beans about her being a witch to Brad, who had a rare witch hunter gene. The only way Dreama could be restored without waiting a whole century was to extract the gene from Brad.

Brad was such a random character to be a witch hunter, I would think that thye would have made Mr. Kraft a witch Hunter because he always suspected that something was weird with Sabrina!!!!

shelley06

[18]Aug 20, 2007
    tennistaylor wrote:
    what episode does harvey first come back?

He has a brief cameo in season 5's "Beach Blanket Bizarro."

dayspassions91

[19]Aug 20, 2007
    • level: 6
    dennisdilov wrote:
    dayspassions91 wrote:
    buffyjl wrote:

SpriteWolf wrote:

No, that did not happen.

Brad was such a random character to be a witch hunter, I would think that thye would have made Mr. Kraft a witch Hunter because he always suspected that something was weird with Sabrina!!!!

What about Libby?

buffyjl

[20]Aug 23, 2007
    dayspassions91 wrote:
    dennisdilov wrote:
    dayspassions91 wrote:
    buffyjl wrote:

SpriteWolf wrote:

No, that did not happen.

What about Libby?

Libby or Mr.Kraft is a great idea, but too serious a twist for a regular episode. It would make an amazing story for a Sabrina movie, though.

Like they find evidence that Libby is a witch hunter, and her attitude all makes sense now why she thought Sabrina was a freak. Sabrina, Hilda, and Zelda begin the gene/jean operation on Libby, but discover they were wrong, she's not a witch-hunter after all.

Hilda: So she's really just an arrogant snob?
    Sabrina: Yes. And that really makes alot of sense. I can't let her see me wearing this surgeon costume, or I'll never hear the end of it!

Just then, Mr. Kraft walks in, catches them in the act, and Hilda & Zelda turn into mice. Sabrina comes back down and realizes Mr.Kraft was the witch hunter all along. It proves why he was always attracted to witches like Hilda, Zelda, and his ex-wife.
    Salem figures Kraft must have a recessive witch hunter gene which is why they were able to magic around him all these years; but this time they were caught way too red-handed so it activated.

With Harvey's help, Sabrina gets Mr.Kraft behind an x-ray machine; but the recessive gene/jean is too small for the surgery. So they take him back in time to meet his ancestor, who was the biggest which hunter in 1609 Salem Massachusetts. But Kraft and Granpa Willard become such good chums, that it backfires and Sabrina begins to fade out.

Harvey uses reverse psychology and locks the 2 Krafts in a supply room together. After being stuck for hours with him, Mr.Kraft ends up hating Granpa Willard. This results in his gene being completely rejected and Sabrina re-materializes.
    When they get back home, Hilda and Zelda are back to normal, but Mr.Kraft seems alot more care-free and cheerful.

Sabrina: Wow, I never thought Mr.Kraft. could be so likable. ...but he's still a dweeb, right?
    Zelda: Unfortunately, DNA surgery wouldn't even change that.

The End