Sabrina, the Teenage Witch

The Great Mistake

Aired Friday 8:30 PM May 02, 1997 on ABC

• When Sabrina feels bad about herself, it's up to her aunts to cheer her back up...

Sabrina hits a really bad day: disregarding her aunts' warning, she buys a "tomorrow" ball from a supernatural traveling salesman, and believes its prediction that she will get an "A-" on her science project. Unfortunately, Mr. Pool (dressed in a kilt for "Scots Pride Day") doesn't share that estimation of her work, and gives her a C and a chance to redo the project overnight. Instead, Sabrina tries to sneak out of the house aboard her trusty vacuum cleaner to attend a Smashing Pumpkins concert, but gets pulled over by a flying motorcycle cop and cited for flying over the town "with a full bag and bad dust emissions." An abashed Sabrina shrinks to miniature size as a result of guilt; to cheer her up, her aunts share stories of how they have "messed up" over the centuries, including the hitherto unheard story of Zelda's literally middle-aged marriage to one Benvolio. In a related subplot, Salem visits his witchly parole officer, and pleads that his rehabilitation is going well, but lets slip that he still dreams of world conquest. A flashback allows us to glimpse him in human form, and also reveals that Hilda was one of his followers: his punishment is to be a cat for a century, hers is to keep him worm-free for the same period.
  • Definite favourite!

This is one of my definite favs because of all the history you get in the flash back sequence. I always love the flash back episodes, on any show!

The ones with Zelda in particular are very interesting, I mean that just amazes me that she could be so impulsive as to have tried to marry Benvolio...I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Imagine how different the show would be if Zelda was married!

And Hilda! My God woman! I can't believe that she was going to get married too! But that's Drell for you always leaving her hanging!

I do so detest that man.