Talk Sagwa Here

what2donext

[1]Mar 27, 2007
    • level: 12
    What do you think about Sawga? For me it sometimes makes me laugh. At other momments Its boring but It's a wonderful show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RAMChYLD

[2]Mar 28, 2007
    • level: 25
    Well, I think most of the information delivered on the show is authentic, and it does keep me hooked. Too bad Sesame Workshop put it off the hook at the moment (no doubt to reroute funding towards Sesame Street and other projects that they deem more profitable). Hopefully we'll see a revive of the show in the future. I really wish one will happen. They still loop this on Disney Channel Asia and Playhouse Disney Asia over here, so hopefully that's a good sign.

what2donext

[3]Mar 28, 2007
    Sesame Street is good as well. I would very much like to see more episodes of each show. I wish it would be like Wishbone. Wishbone has been selected to come on PBS Kids Go! which is great because I thought Wishbone desrved it.

flcl_Wizard

[4]Apr 4, 2007
    • level: 17
    what2donext wrote:
    Sesame Street is good as well. I would very much like to see more episodes of each show. I wish it would be like Wishbone. Wishbone has been selected to come on PBS Kids Go! which is great because I thought Wishbone desrved it.
    I don't know why so many people like this show. It's so completely stupid. And I thought "My Gym Parter's a Monkey" were terriable! Don't watch this show. One of these days, all of the good shows like Mucha Lucha, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Gunslinger Girl, Basilisk, El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Reviera, & even Mr. Meaty will get cancelled and replaced with other junky shows like this. Do not watch this show. It will swallow your mind.

& that what I think about this show

yoyorey2025

[5]Apr 6, 2007
    • level: 8
    l like the little cat shes preety cute

keimanandkei

[6]Oct 5, 2007
    • level: 7

Er I have several questions about this most excellent show which is so historically accurate. The folklore tales are marvy. As I have so many I have listed them below:-

Name the alleycats and their voiceactors please.

Does Amy Tan the show's creator use real tales from actual Chinese Myth and Folklore in her stories like the 4 Dragons?

What's the Magistrate's name?

What's Cook and Reader's names?

Who voiced Jun?

Where is the village in China?

Is Uncle Catfish Alan King?

Ever notice that a lot of the shows on PBS Kids Sprout (Noddy and Sagwa eg) feature voiceactors from InuYasha the great long-running anime series/films set in Feudal Japan? Wonder why?

More later. Have a nice weekend. Sayonara for now. Toodles-K&K

keimanandkei

[7]Oct 5, 2007
    • level: 7
    How can I change my avatar? Thanks-K&K

MrsRotwood

[8]Oct 19, 2007
    • level: 5
    keimanandkei wrote:

Er I have several questions about this most excellent show which is so historically accurate. The folklore tales are marvy. As I have so many I have listed them below:-

Name the alleycats and their voiceactors please.

Does Amy Tan the show's creator use real tales from actual Chinese Myth and Folklore in her stories like the 4 Dragons?

What's the Magistrate's name?

What's Cook and Reader's names?

Who voiced Jun?

Where is the village in China?

Is Uncle Catfish Alan King?

Ever notice that a lot of the shows on PBS Kids Sprout (Noddy and Sagwa eg) feature voiceactors from InuYasha the great long-running anime series/films set in Feudal Japan? Wonder why?

More later. Have a nice weekend. Sayonara for now. Toodles-K&K

1. Yes.

2. It is unknown.

3. Cook's name is unknown, but Reader's is Shi-Yi.

4. Annette Bening.

5. My guess is Tianjian, going by various hints of location on the show.

6. Yes, rest in peace.

7. Coincidence?

what2donext

[9]Nov 25, 2007
    This show is not stuipd and besides i dont watch cartoon network or some nick shows because #1 its sometimes blocked and #2 if you were to do a test this show helps with educational sort of catoergy and all those shows you like are trash for educational purposes. Ohh and 1 more thing you offened me. Thats you fcl_Wizard.
    Edited on 11/25/2007 2:28pm

Darkknight313

[11]Jan 11, 2008
    • level: 28
    flcl_Wizard wrote:
    what2donext wrote:
    I don't know why so many people like this show. It's so completely stupid. And I thought "My Gym Parter's a Monkey" were terriable! Don't watch this show. One of these days, all of the good shows like Mucha Lucha, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Gunslinger Girl, Basilisk, El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Reviera, & even Mr. Meaty will get cancelled and replaced with other junky shows like this. Do not watch this show. It will swallow your mind.

& that what I think about this show
    Actually alot of those suck wich is why there cancelled i'm just here telling you that.

GreenTeaHyuuga

[12]Jun 2, 2008
    • level: 5

Sagwa's a great show to me. I was addicted to it when I was younger... I still love it today, I just never see it on television that much anymore (except on Sprout sometimes...but I don't like Sprout that much. I like to watch 30 minutes of a show I love rather than just 15. Wish I could still catch Sagwa on PBS Kids sometimes). As far as kid shows go, I prefer the ones with talking animals. Like Sagwa and Clifford. It makes the show more interesting.

imthemediagirl

[13]Nov 20, 2009
    I agree, I loved this show for the fantasy element of the talking cats! It really was a monument in my past!