Sailor Moon Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2000)

If 4kids got this?

benb15

[1]May 23, 2007
    • level: 20
    I bet it would be terrible.They'd probably mess up the femal character's 3d personas and make them all superficial and stereotypical towards the female audience
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

frogsinmywine

[2]May 23, 2007
    • level: 3
    ...and DiC didn't do that?

Jouai

[3]May 24, 2007
    • level: 13
    frogsinmywine wrote:
    ...and DiC didn't do that?

Not as profoundly atrocious as 4Kids did/does for Winx Club, for example.

BTRAV

[4]May 24, 2007
    • level: 27
    Oh man...Dic was bad but 4Kids....hmmmmm....

benb15

[5]May 24, 2007
    My guess is,Usagi would be voiced by Amy Birnbaum and would have herr emotionless Tea Voice from Yugioh and Mamoru would have the just as emotionless Jason Grifith(Spelling?) Sonic/Shaodow voice from Sonic X 

lightning_kf

[6]May 24, 2007
    • level: 36

BTRAV wrote:
    Oh man...Dic was bad but 4Kids....hmmmmm....

Let's just say, 4Kids would be saying:

Anything you can do, I can do better.  In other words, DiC was bad.  4Kids will try to make the series even worse than DiC's.  For sure.

benb15

[7]May 24, 2007
    Indeed lightning kf

PsychoPerson

[8]May 24, 2007
    • level: 22
    I have no comment...

BTRAV

[9]May 25, 2007
    They'd edit out all death and blood and maybe say that Hotaru sends people to the Shadow Realm. Ted Lewis would end up playing some villains and maybe some random nice guys (I like Ted Lewis!).

benb15

[10]May 26, 2007
    Well I can see him doing Jadiete(sp?)

SailorB

[11]May 28, 2007
    • level: 16

benb15 wrote:
    My guess is,Usagi would be voiced by Amy Birnbaum and would have herr emotionless Tea Voice from Yugioh and Mamoru would have the just as emotionless Jason Grifith(Spelling?) Sonic/Shaodow voice from Sonic X 

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

benb15

[12]May 28, 2007
    either it's Jaosn Grifith or Dan Green who would most likely do Mamoru(In my opinion anyway)Chibi-usa would likely have the pathetic Cream voice by Rebbeca Handler 

lightning_kf

[13]Jun 3, 2007
    • level: 36

benb15 wrote:
    either it's Jaosn Grifith or Dan Green who would most likely do Mamoru(In my opinion anyway)Chibi-usa would likely have the pathetic Cream voice by Rebbeca Handler

Eww.  Never saw the English Sonic X, but eww.

Super S Rini was the best one in my honest opinion. 

benb15

[14]Jun 3, 2007
    Ewww is right

sh811a

[15]Jun 26, 2007
    • level: 29

May the good lord help if that ever happen.Sure DIC may have messed the show up a little but not too much to alter it completely, it retained the arcs and that sense of emotion forall the characters.

4 Kids have been known to really mess things up and it's not just with the dubbing and soundtrack work with anime but with the shows they have, oreven how they can take a great show in the wrong dirrection. I'll give you two examples of what I mean, I remember when I heard that G.I. Joe was going to be revived I was psyched because G.I. Joe was one of my favorate cartoons when I was a kid, I was really hoping that it would be as good as that cartoon. But oh no I was way off, like landing on the zero in roulete everyone loses. G.I. Joe Sigma 6 really sucked, the animation to the show doesn't feel right, I guess they were trying to go for the anime appoach but I was really hoping we would see American animation from that show because I honestly feel the anime approach is overused plus it made many of the characters I knew and loved a little odd looking like Scarlett and Baroness both of them look like teenagers also the casting of voices for both of those characters were miscast. But worst of all the show took no time with story and character, it was all explosions and fights, sure the original G.I. Joe has those things but it took it's time, it wasn't pushed on us 24.7, as much as I like explosions and fights they can get old fast.

And I really don't like the direction they took the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles show, that show is one of my favorates, the animation is right and is true to the original graphic comic book story line. But they really jumped the shark I personally think when they took the Turtles to the future. I think they were trying to go for a Batman Beyond approach but it just doesn't feel right for the Turtles, the new characters and the villians aren't bad but hardly memorable, plotline isn't completely strong, and I think that android police officer is the most annoying character ever (good grief that British policeman sterotype has really gotten old), I even hated the fact that April O Neil and Casey Jones were missing on the show, those two were like the glue for the Turtles, now without them the Turtles just lack that stability and pizzaz quality needed. Fast Foward I don't think is really bad but it's just not very good. I prefer their orginal enviorment over the future.

You get my point they could alter it in a way where I may not be able to recognize it or worse they could cut some episode or arcs of which would make the show jump the shark on itself. So, hands off 4 Kids, apox on you if you violate one of the greatest shows in anime, it is fine the way it is leave it alone, if it's not broke don't fix it.

EdwardoMario16

[16]Jun 27, 2007
    • level: 10

Come on! The DiC dub wasn't that bad! It wasn't perfect, but it's no way near as bad as 4Kids' complete blatant butchered abominations like One Piece. At least DiC retained the overall culture and emotional feeling of the show.

4Kids will take anything referencing japanese culture(songs, foods) or anything dangerous in animes (Guns, Swords, Axes...) and edit them out completely. That's how freaking bad they are.

Edited on 07/02/2007 7:36pm
    Edited 2 total times.

ERIC11940

[17]Jun 28, 2007
    • level: 7
    Ya right, like that will ever happen. I don't want 4kids get it's hands on Sailor Moon.

benb15

[18]Jun 28, 2007
    True,Dic isn't nearly as bad as 4kids,but anohter guess is that if 4kids got Sailor Moon they would lower it to the Magical Do Re Mi standards

benb15

[19]Jul 4, 2007

A few other things as well,since no one is posting in this thread,I'm gonna have to dig it up

Ok,well the entire storyline would be raped.Expect a lot of names changes.They would mess up the 3-d persona's of the characters and makethem more superficial and stereotypicl towards the female audience as I stated before.Sure the characters could be seendoing it in som episodes likein episode 1 when Usagi and Naru arre talking about the jewlry sale,but I mean like thinking wardrobe malfunctions are the end of the world and be all obsessed over fashion(ring a bell?) and probablyget bad voice acting,aniallate characters out of the dub for no reason(a similar thing happened in YuGiOh when Yugi was suppoed to have a mother in the JP version by 4kids edited it out for no reason),they would edit out all lines that simulate shouting(happened in One Piece)they would edit out allwords on a sign or bottle(because kids can;t read )and thenrape untill it is not ANYTHING like the anime at all,and more ome crap telivision intended more on stupid toylines than quality and you'll eventually see adverts for them popping up.

BTRAV

[20]Jul 5, 2007
    Totally true. I hate what they've done to the shows that have already fallen victim to their hands. And defeated villains and monsters of the day would be sent to the "shadows" or whatever. That is getting so old! The most serious arc of the Yu-Gi-Oh! series and they completely dumb it down! Man! *gasps for air* Okay I'm done.