Sailor Moon Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2000)

New Sailor Moon Anime

TVfreak_28

[1]Jul 7, 2012
    • level: 6

so if you haven't heard Nako Takeuchi(creator of Sailor Moon)and publisher Kodasha announced yesterday that a new Sailor Moon anime is coming out summer 2013! how amazing is that?! but wait it gets better...it's going to be released worldwide simoultaneously. Now not many other details are known at this point aside from the fact that i've heard it will stick closer to the manga story line and their target audience this time is in 17-25 age group(basically all of us who grew up watching it when it first aired) So what do you guys think? if you've read the manga what are you hoping to see? if you haven't read the manga well you have a whole year to catch up! (you can find them for really good prices on Amazon ) i wonder if they will dub it this time around if they do i really hope they get Terri Hawkes to do Serena's voice again! If it's subbed well i think that'll be cool too! so please discuss away!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stephdumas

[2]Jul 8, 2012
    • level: 10
    I heard that news too. Being close to the manga is a good idea although I liked the additions of the Moonlight Knight, the 2 aliens Ann and Alan, Chad (Yochiroo) who was Raye's boyfriend and Greg (Ryo Urawa) who was Amy's boyfriend. ^^;

Maybe this new anime might be a retailling like Dragon Ball Z Kai or Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood or they could be tempted to go where the original series left off or even going to the extent of the "next generation".

frosty_ice

[3]Jul 9, 2012
    • level: 24

stephdumas wrote:
    I heard that news too. Being close to the manga is a good idea although I liked the additions of the Moonlight Knight, the 2 aliens Ann and Alan, Chad (Yochiroo) who was Raye's boyfriend and Greg (Ryo Urawa) who was Amy's boyfriend. ^^; Maybe this new anime might be a retailling like Dragon Ball Z Kai or Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood or they could be tempted to go where the original series left off or even going to the extent of the "next generation".

From what I've heard, this new anime will be closer to the manga, but they will keep a few elements from the previous anime in it (I'm really hoping that Ann and Alan come back, at least for a couple of episodes, and Greg should also come back too... who knows, they migvht even bring new male characters as the Inner Senshis boyfriends, xD).

And I doubt it will be a retalling like Dragonball Z Kai, and as for going where the original series left off, I don't think so, because Naoko has stated that she would never write a sequel, based on the events of the 31st century. I firmly believe that what we will see is an anime that is closer to the manga.