Sailor Moon Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2000)

sailor moon censured

_dcss_

[1]Apr 21, 2007
    • level: 2

i watched the japanese version, and a few episodes of the american one and some of the portuguese one when i was a child.

as most part of anime, this serie has a lot of gay characters, the most evident is Zoicite but Fish Eye, Uranus, and Neptune are gay to (in the original version) in most part of countries, especially in the usa, they were changed: zoicite was transformed in a woman and uranus and neptune were turned into cousins.

i honestly think this is ridiculous, whats your opinion?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gunner_yuna123

[2]Apr 21, 2007
    • level: 13
    I thought it was really ignorent. Oh also Fish Eyes was turned into a woman as well due to his femine looks and that of him being gay We didn't get the Stars season because of what the anime writers did to the starlights in making the girls transform into men to pernate a boy band to find their princess while in the manga they are still female but dress as males (like Haruka) and personate a boy band to find their princess. God turn hot woman into men is a big nono in my book.

_dcss_

[3]Apr 21, 2007

this video show another way of changing a story: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_aaaO202qk

benb15

[4]Apr 21, 2007
    • level: 20
    Well DiC did a number on the english versions of seasons 1&2.I mean,Luna's voice was terrible,and Naru/Molly sounded like one of thse girls from a 1950's movie 

Nokkusu

[5]Apr 23, 2007
    • level: 1

Well, seems like we've been rather lucky with the German version.

We got the Stars season and Haruka and Michiru haven't been changed either.

Zoisite's gender has been changed here aswell. I don't remeber any mention of Fish Eyes' gender though.

superstar1986

[6]Apr 25, 2007
    • level: 10
    _dcss_ wrote:

i watched the japanese version, and a few episodes of the american one and some of the portuguese one when i was a child.

as most part of anime, this serie has a lot of gay characters, the most evident is Zoicite but Fish Eye, Uranus, and Neptune are gay to (in the original version) in most part of countries, especially in the usa, they were changed: zoicite was transformed in a woman and uranus and neptune were turned into cousins.

that is not ridiculous and that is REALLY good to me because i sure as hell dont want to see that! i know it goes on in the japanese version thats y i dont watch the japanese version and that is one of the reasons y i dont like that version. if there wasnt an american version of sailor moon i would not watch the japanese version. And again, I JUST DONT WANT TO SEE THAT! That is not cool to me and i dont think the parents in america would want to have their children watch a show with "Susie kissing Anne and John kissing James". No american parent in their right mind would let their child watch that especially since most of the american people are religious. if i had children i wouldnt even let them watch the japanese version of sailor moon.

BTRAV

[7]Apr 26, 2007
    • level: 27
    Umm...are you denouncing original Japanese anime? Your opinion is safe, but I think we would all appreciate it if your angry tirade didn't sound so prudish.

gunner_yuna123

[8]Apr 26, 2007
    Wow and your going to hate me if I say I am lesibian or bisexual. Look humans can choose who they love even if they are a man our a woman. So f*ck off you little b!tch!

superstar1986

[9]Apr 26, 2007
    I dont give a freaking hell in the world who u love,  im just saying that if they put that version on tv im just not gonna watch it!

gunner_yuna123

[10]Apr 26, 2007
    Then you are a very shallow person.

BTRAV

[11]Apr 27, 2007
    • level: 27
    That's your decision not to watch, but save the preaching for someone who actually cares.

ultimmo

[12]Apr 27, 2007
    • level: 4

You are so...shallow...

If you don't want to show your children this show, who cares! there`s so many anime that show worst things that two men/women kissing themselves, like gore and violence, besides, here in mexico the Anime never was dubbed, and thats great!, we enjoyed this show! and no one acted like homofobic...

Nokkusu

[13]Apr 27, 2007
    • level: 1

If you don't like the show how it's actually supposed to be (=Japanese version) then you aren't a real fan.

It's just ridiculous to cut those things/change them out.

I heard Haruka and Michiru are cousins in the English version, is that true?

They kept it how it was in the German version, you could see they are a couple at least), but now that I've seen the Youtube video comparison, I wonder how much the German version was changed. All I know that they changed Zoisite's gender (poor guy) which is simply ridiculous.

_dcss_

[14]Apr 27, 2007

Those moralistes piss me off, you say that in america people dont want their kids to watch anime that shows homosexuality because they are religious, that's a lie. most part of them dont want it because they are homophobic and narrow minded. My parents are cristian and i went to sunday school until the day i told them i didn't believe in any of it.  

and i never saw them changging the channel for forbiding me to watch a show because of LGBT scenes.

dont mistake religion with hate.

Sin_of_Chaos

[16]May 15, 2007
    • level: 3
    superstar1986 wrote:
    _dcss_ wrote:

that is not ridiculous and that is REALLY good to me because i sure as hell dont want to see that! i know it goes on in the japanese version thats y i dont watch the japanese version and that is one of the reasons y i dont like that version. if there wasnt an american version of sailor moon i would not watch the japanese version. And again, I JUST DONT WANT TO SEE THAT! That is not cool to me and i dont think the parents in america would want to have their children watch a show with "Susie kissing Anne and John kissing James". No american parent in their right mind would let their child watch that especially since most of the american people are religious. if i had children i wouldnt even let them watch the japanese version of sailor moon.
    This right here, is why I am against relgious conservatives. Alot of SM fans would really disagree with that and I am one of those that do. I think it is good for children to watch this, especially if they are LGBT. I'm sorry if I am against religious conservatives but those kind of people are just all out evil.
    Edited on 05/16/2007 9:18am

gunner_yuna123

[17]May 17, 2007
    So I guess gays are evil because they want to be with another man or a woman. You know what you are the evil one for thinking like that. I'm the kind of person who doesn't care if your gay strait, black, white, green, etc I see you for you and who you are not because of your sexuality or race. I find woman atractive so I guess that makes me evil but in the end my familty will except me for me and not for the choices in live. So don't you dare say anything like that ever again about any creation of Naoko-sensei.
    Edited on 05/17/2007 1:46pm

benb15

[18]May 17, 2007
    • level: 20

I can't stand Jetix for what they did when they aired the show in the UK.They just HAD to censor it.as if DiC hadn't messed it up enough

EdwardoMario16

[19]Jul 6, 2007

You guys are entitled to your opinion. I personally don't mind homosexuality. It's not hurting me or anyone else. If two dudes want to suck each others d**ks, fine by me. That's their business. That's for them to know and for them to share.

But the moment the Sailor Moon dub and dub fans get slammed, that's where I draw the freaking line. Lay off the dub. I hate it when elitist purists take the "holier than thou" approach and say you're not a "true fan" to those who prefer/like the dub.

"I like the unedited subbed JP original, therefore I'm a better, more true fan than you". That just grinds my gears.

Edited on 07/06/2007 8:20pm

KKDW

[20]Jul 7, 2007
    I don't see anything wrong with gays/lesbians/bisexuals at all, or anything wrong with having characters who are Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual in kids programmes, I know there was a gay character in Byker Grove, a Lesbian in Dark Season (though it was never mentioned on screen) and in the new series of Doctor Who we've had the bisexual Captain Jack Harkness. I guess is seems that British kids TV isn't quite as restricted as American Kids TV. So therefore I have no problem with gay/lesbian/bissexual characters in Sailor Moon at all, heck while watching the first season I got to quite like Zoicite and was rather disapointed when he died.