Sailor Moon Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2000)

Sailor Moon English or Japanese

pepsi_twist2008

[61]Mar 7, 2009
    • level: 10
    The dub because

1.Nostalgia

2.The dub is funnier than the sub. 3.When I could understand the language without reading subtitles it's easier to absorb into the show 4.Subbies annoy me the original Japanese version isn't some mature teenage show (it's targeted at the same age range really the Japanese just have different ideas of what is acceptable for kids to see on tv and what's not) and the dub didn't butcher the show that badly that it's a completely different show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

cathgil

[62]Jan 5, 2010
    • level: 16

gunner_yuna123 wrote:
    You stupid dubbies!!! They made Michiru & Haruka cousins when they are realy gay!!

i heard that some wheres awhile back.. on youtube there are the most resent episode that apparently weren't made of the US, but they got dubbed. and i could tell it wasn't edited for the US. because there was a scene with sailor unrauise and Sailor Neptune*. Sailor Neptune hanging on to sailor urainse so she didn't fall and was saying how unrasin ate too much candy and then urainsa said somthing about not lisoning to her out of bed

i think the should redo the us episode and not edit out anything. when i did see sailor moon it was to US version.

Edited on 01/06/2010 8:19pm
    Edited 2 total times.

niceisgood

[63]Apr 25, 2010
    • level: 2

Neither of them. I prefer the Swedish dubbed version since that the way I watched it when I was little. The english version feels so weird for me. I guess the Swedish version are the one who has changed the most from the original but for me it feels more right. Sailor moons name being Serena is just so wroong in my ears.

Zwingli4

[64]Oct 31, 2010
    • level: 16

Well I first saw the English version and loved it. But then I saw where I could rent the original Japanese version, uncut and uncensored, and I just couldn't resist! I must say I'm surprised the Japanese version has an entirely different opening. It even has different lyrics to the theme song! I've only seen the first 5 episodes so far. It doesn't seem too much different so far but I still think people need to see the original version, just to get a better feel for the show.

Edited on 10/31/2010 6:44pm

selena_cyrus16

[65]Jan 30, 2013
    • level: 6
    pepsi_twist2008 wrote:
    The dub because

1.Nostalgia

2.The dub is funnier than the sub. 3.When I could understand the language without reading subtitles it's easier to absorb into the show 4.Subbies annoy me the original Japanese version isn't some mature teenage show (it's targeted at the same age range really the Japanese just have different ideas of what is acceptable for kids to see on tv and what's not) and the dub didn't butcher the show that badly that it's a completely different show.

Black_Panther

[66]Jul 18, 2013
    • level: 1

The japanese version was way better.They changed a lot of stuffs in the english version that got confusing.I didnt like the voices of the caracters in the english version either.

AlexandrosMar1

[67]Oct 16, 2013
    • level: 6

The Dubbed English, because Sailor Moon sounds mature in the Cloverway dub.