Saint Seiya

TV Asahi (ended 1988)

AlkaStealther

Saint Seiya Fan Reviews (15)

• Saw this series when it first aired in Japan back in 1986, with no english subs! and I was hooked!

Follow the series each week by going to new york city to a japanese video store ( were no one spoke english ) and purchased a VSH tape of a month worth of the cartoon. From Bloody start to the Bloody end ( 72 eps. of the first vol.) I was glued to my seat! this series, to me, was and still is the best of the anime best! From the bronze, silver, and gold cloth armor designs, to the plot line and story, this cartoon kicked ass! looking forward to seeing the new " canvas annime"

Good stuff!

Samuraikuro U.S.A.
  • Best Anime Ever

Why they didn't make the rest of the T.V. chapters? After I bought the collection I found online a the complete T.V. series and of course of bought it right at that moment. It has the sanctuary, The Asgard, Poseidon 5 Saint Seiya movies including the last one which is the best movie and the one that last the most time. and 19 OVAS of the Hades. So I don't care if this company makes the rest of the collection. I already have it. I'm just waiting on the rest of the Hades series I know they will be 27 chapters. Stop waisting money with that company guys. get the real Knigths of the zodiac "Caballeros del Zodico" completaly from a different company that have all of the chapters.
  • Best Anime Ever.

• [ill shortly be uploading the original series onto veoh.com - my username is 'caia' x] theres something strange about this anime, it has some kind of unexplainable hold on me that no anime to date has ever matched...

theres something strange about this anime, it has some kind of unexplainable hold on me that no anime to date has ever matched. it might be the costumes, it might be the characters or even the storyline - but whatever captured my imagination as a child, still holds today. this is undoubtedly the B E S T S H O W E V E R !!!
  • OK people I'm not sure If you guys know that Saint Seiya is going on right know in Japan... all the OVAS from Hades and the inferno are great you go to youtube.com

OK people I'm not sure If you guys know that Saint Seiya is going on right know in Japan... all the OVAS from Hades and the inferno are great you go to youtube.com and write Saint Saiya Hades and you can see what is going on. Also check and other place because the Manga is out and you can read it and know what to expect.. also they are waiting for the Haven Mango so keep track of any of this stuff but if you know this already well I'm here to talk to about this this have a great time..
  • BEST SHOW IN HISTORY!!!!!!!

Saint Seiya is not only the best anime ever, but also the best show in history of tv. The story is sooooooo good and complex it leaves u wanting more. After they never aired the Hades saga i was really bumped, but i got so see it along with the newest OVA, saint seiya overture, and it just keeps getting better and better.

The characters are awesome and the story is complex and fascinating, it's a show packed with action and if u like violent shows witha lot of superpowers this is the show for u!!!

is a show u don't want to miss if u ever have the chance to watch...
  • GREAT!!

Awsome show! I like saint seiya a lot i would like to have all episodes but cant afford buying it..my email is pedrorage@hotmail.com if someone have episodes please contact me. thanks and great site for saint seiya, congrattulation great
  • saint seiya is a best show

saint seiya is amazing in mexico are Los caballeros del zodiaco this cartoon is great
    my favorite caracters are seiya, shun, shiryu,
    my favorite saga is the poseidon saga, saint seiya is a true cartoon the saint seiya movies are very good my favorite god is Zeus Zeus is a great god
  • Ahh...stuff knights fighting for their goddess

It's a great anime, i've never seen it in english tough, but i've heard the translation sucks. In my opinion it's really good, characters are interesting, the plot is great.
    for me the best season is the Hades one. I'm still waiting for the rest of the ovas to coem out. I hope they try to translate again and better, becuase is not fair to the show to ruin its reputation like that. the series is not even over, there still the tenkai-hen to be done, and to finish the rest of the mekai-hen(hades), great show,i don't know why some peopel think it's boring..
  • Saint Seiya is great!A great program!I watched for the first time in 1995, when it had 9 years of age, and for the first time liked muito!Today, to 18,is with much joy that I can attend again!

Fantastic, with fights really very good, besides showing the friendship, the personal overcoming and the confidence in exactly as factors determinative itself for sucesso.And more:the signs, that influence to be able them of the Knights, and the super armors of then!Valley the penalty!Saint Seiya forevermore!I love Seiya,and I love so much Shun!
  • The best series period. The Saint warriors have sworn to protect Athena from any and all kinds of evil that wish to destroy her.

Saint Seiya is the one of the only TV series that I own on DVD. I could not be a bigger fan of this series. It is a combination of the character depth, the dramatic storyline, and the splendid fantasy that just keeps me asking for more. With the release of the \"Hades\" chapter, Saint Seiya raised the bar in farther - and now there is going to be the release of another chapter, the \"Zeus\" chapter. I recommend Saint Seiya to anybody who ahs any remote interest in anime, and also to those who are intrigued by fantasies - for Saint Seiya\'s fantasy is a mythological adventure that you will surely enjoy.
  • Complete waste of time, change the channel...

This show is a offense for all animes, each season is the same thing of the other just changing some stuff, but the main story still the same for all serie.

Sometimes a good show, but almost at all a complete waste of time, should be better see other show then lose time watching this.
  • A true classic.

Truly one of the best animes ever made for television. As said before by other reviewers, it premiered in the 80's and it is still currently in production of a new chapter which is taking forever to be finished, but fans are patient enough to wait for the conclusion, because they know the outcome will be worth the wait. Saint Seiya manages to capture the essence and emotion of the characters with it's interesting storylines and haunting score which captured the interst of millionf of fans around the world, specially in Japan, France and Brazil, where it is still a classic and talked about.

My advice? Watch the original anime, in japanese with english subtitles. It's much more emotional and real.
  • First off, if you have a low attention span, then this show definitely isn't for you.

This is a beautiful bit of anime from the old school of animation, and definitely worthy of your attention. But the storyline is very drawn out. It's so drawn out that it takes on average about three episodes, six flashbacks, and about a half hour of full on glaring between the two combatants before we finally get to the action, which usually lasts about five minutes.

Whenever I sat through an episode, I would pay special attention to the fact that for most of the show, the characters were completely immobile, except for their mouths, which they needed to move in order to communicate with one another. I think that if they could have fit into the story that everybody was a telepath, they could have been churning out about two or three episodes a day. No wonder they were able to draw out this show for so long.

Don't get me wrong. I loved this series. It had a great story and the characters were enjoyable except for that little wussy Shun. I always found great pleasure in seeing Ikki kicking the tar out of anybody who messed with Shun, though. He always messed with their minds before killing them.

I'll also mention that I've known some people to say it's boring. Now, I don't mean to say that this is a bad series, but as they say, nothing good ever comes easy.
  • One of the best animes of all time.

This review is based on the original Saint Seiya, which is being released on DVD by ADV Films. DIC Entertainment released a butchered version of the show to television in August of 2003, and that show is called Knights of the Zodiac. Be assured that the two are completely different. This review is on Saint Seiya.

Saint Seiya is an anime from the 1980s based on Masami Kurumada's manga of the same name. It is an early entry into the "fighting" genre of anime, and paved the way for such shows as Dragonball Z to become a success. Saint Seiya was in its heyday wildly popular and successful in Japan, Mexico, Italy, France, China, and other parts of the world, but did not make it to the United States until just a few years ago, and now it has been roughly 20 years since Saint Seiya first aired on Japanese airwaves.

The story concentrates on the lives of five young men who discover that they are to be the defenders of Athena, who has been reincarnated in modern times. Each one of them earns the right to be called a Saint, which is like a mythological knight, by training and competing in physical tournament matches for bronze cloths. Cloth in this case refers to the armor of the Saints. It is not normal armor, it is almost alive, and enhances the almost supernatural powers of the Saints. Each Saint is unique from other human beings because of something they have called a cosmos; it's like an inner power which can be controlled through will and faith. These five main characters are Seiya (the Pegasus Saint), Shiryu (the Dragon Saint), Shun (the Andromeda Saint), Hyoga (the Cygnus Saint), and Ikki (the Phoenix Saint). As the series progresses, you learn more and more about the backstories of each of the Saints of Athena and how they manage to overcome their difficulties in life to fight for justice.

There is a theme which guides the series and the characters in it, and that is one of fighting for one's friends. The main characters are all orphans (Shun and Ikki are brothers), and rely on each other to get through the situations they encounter.

The music in the series is incredible. There have been over 15 albums and cds released in Japan of the soundtracks of Saint Seiya. The classically orchestrated themes set the mood and bring the show to life, giving it a very emotional aspect.

The animation was during its time some of the best that acclaimed animation studio TOEI had to offer, and similar cartoons from the United States during that time pale in comparison. The character designs are what set the series apart from every other anime out there. Kurumada's collaboration of mythology, mystery, and storytelling are what make this series one of the best animes ever.

I highly recommend this anime to anyone who has ever had as much as an inkling of interest in animation. It is perfection.

As a testament to its popularity, a new chapter dubbed the Hades Chapter was animated and produced, comprised of 13 episodes; and aired in 2003. A film was also made and released last year in 2004, called Henkai-Ten. The second half of the Hades Chapter is slated to air in November of 2005.