Saiyuki Forums

(ended 2001)

The Movie!

mightyanaex

[1]Dec 30, 2006
    • level: 12

OMG just a couple days ago i found Saiyuki the Movie: requiem for the 1 not chosen. Has anyone watched it b4? I'm planning 2 watch it soon but i want to know if it lives up to the it's name.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DaveJS124

[2]Dec 30, 2006
    • level: 54
    I've seen it a while ago, and I loved it I thought it was really good, since it is kinda an end to the series, unless you count the next two series which aren't as good as the origianl (i.e. the movie is the last great thing that feels like the first series)

mightyanaex

[3]Jan 10, 2007

alright. i finally got 2 see it. well, i watched both the dub and the original. they were okay, but the dub was a little too harsh on the cusses.

my little brother loved it so much he watched it three times in a row. 0-0 don't ask...

slapstickcat

[4]Feb 6, 2007
    • level: 2
    what! this is all new to me, one of my friend just introduced me to the series, do you know where i can get it?

Resist_or_Serve

[5]Feb 20, 2007
    • level: 16
    I would like to know where to find it as well. I also want to know why there was a change of voice actors between Saiyuki and Sayuki Reload/Gunlock. My favorite voice actor is Lex Lang so I thought it was awesome that he got to play the part of Genjo Sanzo (my favorite character) in Saiyuki Reload, but of course I first had to watch the original. Now after seeing the Original Saiyuki I wouldn't want it any other way. I love the way the series was done adding a lot of humor during and a lot of stand alone episode but don't necessarily pose as "filler" episodes. Even after 50 episodes I wanted it to go on longer. I better stop now other wise i wont have anything to write for my review i plan on doing in a few seconds. But all together this was a great series and I dont know what to expect in future installments (I just ordered Saiyuki: Reload) Will I be disappointed? Maybe I should have broken this up into a different thread? O' well I guess this will have to do.

mightyanaex

[6]Mar 5, 2007

anywhere where they have the anime saiyuki dvd's. i was randomally browsing a shelf when i found it.

or, there's always the internet. just be sure u bought the movie and not the anime (they look somewhat alike)

FoxyGal18

[7]Apr 25, 2007
    • level: 10
    Does the Saiyuki movie coem after the first season? I haven't really seen Saiyuki yet, but I'm thinkin' about it. 

DaveJS124

[8]Apr 29, 2007
    • level: 54
    Yes and no. It could really fit just about anywhere into the three series. Although, it's best to watch it after the end of the first series.