A Sam & Cat Community
Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Nickelodeon has canceled Sam & Cat amid behind-the-scenes drama with stars Ariana Grande and Jennette McCurdy, who've reportedly been feuding over salary negotiations, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

"Nickelodeon will not be producing more episodes of Sam & Cat,"  a network spokesperson told THR in a statement. "We are very proud of the show and its very talented cast and we wish them all the best."

Sam & Cat centered on the titular Sam (McCurdy) and Cat (Grande), two roommates who ran a babysitting service. Last July, Nickelodeon gave the series a 40-episode order after just four episodes. The show announced a hiatus in April after nude photos of McCurdy were leaked online.

Grande addressed the cancellation on Facebook Sunday. "I want to thank Nickelodeon for making a childhood dream of mine come true, for being a family to me, for being so accommodating and supportive of my multitasking with my music career, and for of course introducing me to many of my fans however many years ago," she wrote.

There's no word on whether a final Sam & Cat episode will wrap up any storylines. Series creator Dan Schneider is already focusing on his new series, Henry Danger, which is scheduled to debut in the fall.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 7/17/2014

Season 1 : Episode 35

3 Comments
Comments (3)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Seconding the notion that some fact checking might be useful. Those pictures were probably past what Nickelodean is comfortable with, but no nudity.
Flag
The writer of this notice should fact check first.
For the record the photos mentioned were not nude.
Flag
This effing suuuuux! I really liked this goofy show and its too gorgeous leads. If they truly squandered this great opportunity over money, which they already made more than most is truly sad, and let this be a lesson to other stars on this network that the Nick brand does not negotiate with terrorists so to speak. They will just replace your like anyone else. Truly sad because I wanted see an iCarly crossover as well as maybe some with the Victorious cast who got also let go abruptly. Good luck to all the hard working folks who brought us 3 great shows over the last decade. Nick U Suck, nobody likes all your other crappy sitcoms! Thundermans, Hathaway's? Gaaaaag!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members