Sam & Cat Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

A moment of silence for one of Nicks best shows of recent years Sam and Cat, RIP

80stvfan

[1]Jul 4, 2014
    • level: 7

A moment of silence for Sam and Cat. This was the best show ever. I loved watching it even as I'm an adult. I loved Jennette and her character Samantha Puckett, and I loved Ariana Grande and her character Cat Valentine, as well as everyone else on the show. I loved the Chemistry between Sam and Cat. This show actually gave me hope that society would become more excepting of same gender couples, even though they weren't one. The show leaned toward Sam and Cat being a couple and not just friends. RIP, hopefully Sam and Cat will return sometime in the future as a more adult show but with the same premise. Thank you Miss McCurdy and Miss Grande, best of luck to both of you, in your lives. Hope to see you reprise your roles of Sam and Cat in the future. RIP Sam and Cat

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

teenj12

[2]Jul 11, 2014
    • level: 26

Hell, freaking, NO. Sam and Cat does not deserve a 'moment of silence' or the title as "best show" anything. This show was horrible, inferior to it's parent shows, and the worst Dan series in the history of all of his productions. So, for me, I'll say good riddance. If only Nick would cancel it's other equally horrible shows and got some good ones, things would be so much better.

Edited on 07/20/2014 10:35am

80stvfan

[3]Jul 11, 2014

Well, That's your opinion, personally I didn't think either Icarly or Victorious were that great. I've watched a little of both, and in my opinion there were too many characters in each to follow characters little side stories or sub plots.

mrramirez26

[4]Jul 17, 2014
    • level: 1

I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to disagree on this one. By all means, have your opinion; but I just couldn't do it, personally speaking.

As much as I wanted to like this show (and believe me, I did! I was a tremendous fan of both iCarly and Victorious. Never missed an episode ) I just couldn't. I had always liked Sam as a character, more so than I ever did Cat (although she and Robbie were really sweet together); but Sam came across much meaner and cruder in this show than I remember her in iCarly. Cat was cute, but that's kind of where her appeal stops. For me, anyway. And I really think it's just this show. I can get through an episode of Victorious no problem; I can even go back to iCarly and laugh at certain episodes...but this show is just not funny to me. Even when they try to be semi-serious in tone, I just can't take them seriously. I don't think it has anything to do with Ariana, or Jennette - they're obviously both very talented people...but whatever it was, this show just wasn't for me.

I made it to the episode "BlueDog Soda" and then had to give up. I was just unimpressed with the overall quality, which bums me out because I was originally into this show to support Ariana and Jennette - I think Jennette's a great actress, and Ariana has a successful music career. But in my opinion, the comedy was just lacking, compared to Dan Schneider's other shows. Any show that relies too much on gross humor is one I won't watch...regardless of whether or not it's a "tween show." Period. Sure, iCarly and Victorious had some cleverly disguised comments, and innuendo to it, but it never seemed to rely on it, and I feel like "Sam and Cat" did. Come on Dan Schneider, making Cat drink "dirty sock water"? Constant references to "wazzing"? The word "wazz" was clever in iCarly, and I picked up on it in Victorious, but you're overdoing it now.

Just my two cents!

Edited on 07/17/2014 6:07pm

80stvfan

[5]Jul 18, 2014
    then why are you here?

80stvfan

[6]Jul 18, 2014
    why are you here then if you don't like the show?