on DVD?

celticsfanalex

[1]Jul 16, 2006
    • level: 3
    They should put this show on DVD I mean there are only 23 episodes? That's enough to fit into a single or 2 DVDs.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pheeph

[2]Jul 17, 2006
    • level: 12
    I once emailed to Steve Purcell, asking if there was a way to get Sam and Max on DVD. Steve Purcell responded by saying he would love to see the animated series on DVD. He told me that he once tried to get a deal with a certain company to do this, but didn't go over well for "a variety of reasons." He states that "it's still a possibility" though he can't guarantee anything for now.

PeTer__GriFFin

[3]Jul 24, 2006
    • level: 4
    I wanna see this show, since I just played 'Hit the Road' I hope it comes out on Dvd

TheDervish

[4]Aug 27, 2006
    • level: 3
    I too would love to have a DVD release.

YoshiAngemon85

[5]Jun 8, 2007
    • level: 26
    This is me, reporting live from my Wii, telling you all some great news! Brian Ward of Shout! Factory, the DVD company responsible for the DVD Releases of various Nintendo cartoons, has hinted me, then confirmed to me that he is working on a Complete Series boxset of Sam & Max! Kinda fortunate, seeing as it's a Nelvana property, and Shout Factory is entering that particular realm of animation.
    Edited on 06/08/2007 1:48pm

pheeph

[6]Jun 8, 2007
    I was about to say that stuff when I saw the news at the Mix 'N Mojo site.

Mix 'N Mojo says:
    Sir Lemming, on the Telltale Forum reports some interesting discussion on the Shout! Factory discussion boards where someone who appears to be Shout! Factory Producer/Manager Brian Ward (no relation?) declares; Actually, the majority of full-length seasons are only 22 episodes. There are some notable exceptions, of course. In the case of Sam & Max: Freelance Police, there were only 13 half-hour episodes. Don't get excited... I know what you're thinking. All but two of these episodes (the first and last) were split up into two cartoons a piece. Therefore, the total number of stories is 24 spread out over 13 episodes. Oh, and by the way... We're developing this title's box set right now. Tee hee... Brian P.S.-- That's right. I said it. "Tee hee."

Holy jumping Mother o'God in a side-car with chocolate jimmies and a lobster bib!

pheeph

[7]Nov 6, 2007
    check this out! Shout!Factory shows the planned DVD cover art for the show http://files.telltalegames.com/misc/nelvanacover.jpg
    Edited on 11/06/2007 6:04pm

pheeph

[8]Dec 7, 2007
    the dvd goes gold! It'll be out in March