Samantha Who? Forums

ABC (ended 2009)

Samantha Who? Bumped again!!

ajporter12345

[1]Apr 20, 2009
    • level: 25
    So, It has been revealed that Ugly Betty will return 1 week earlier on April 30th, meaning that In The Motherhood (which has been cancelled) and Samantha Who? will not air April 30th and no one knows when the remaining episodes will air!

It looks like this weeks episode will be the last one for a while! If ABC decides to cancel it, the remaining unaired episodes will be put on the Season 2 DVD but if they do renew it (they definitly should) then these episodes will probably be put onto season 3!!

What do you guys think about this?

It is insane! Ugly Betty fans can wait 1 extra week for it to return! We have waited 3 months for Sam Who? to return only to have it bumped again! URRRG!

Here is the link to the article:

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/04/20/ugly-betty-comes-back-a-bit-earlier/17053
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bobcobb22

[2]Apr 20, 2009
    • level: 1
    What do I think? I think it's a load of BS. ABC is penalizing the fans of the show for their own mistakes. So now Samantha Who? is in limbo regarding its future because the network can't schedule anything to save their lives.

If it gets cancelled, well, it was fun while it lasted. But I've learned my lesson, and that's to never get attached to any show on ABC ever again.

ajporter12345

[3]Apr 20, 2009
    ABC has turned me off as well!

They are so horrible at making Fans happy and their scheduling is horrible!

If Samantha Who? was on another network, there would be no problem because the schedule wouldn't be screwed and it wouldn't keep getting postponed for other shows!!

If they cancel Samantha Who? after it's extremely successful 1st season, I would be angry!
    The only reason it is doing bad now is because of the stupid time slot they moved it to!!!!

olafhater

[4]Apr 20, 2009
    • level: 7

Let me say something about ABC. I have watched and loved Samantha Who, Pushing Daisies, Eli Stone, and Ugly Betty since they all first aired.

PD and ES were canceled by ABC which sucked...I put up with that. What they did with those shows was cancel them, and hold off the last few eps and air them months later.

UB I'm not complaining about because they had new eps every week and went on a planned hiatus and are coming back a week early! (BIttersweet since I want to get my daily SW fix!)

With SW this disgusts me the most. They put the show on an unnecessary hiatus, then bring back 5 eps and air them OUT OF ORDER just so that they go along with the finale which now isn't even going to be aired, not to mention change its day and time slot and pair it off with a dead show walking...seriously ABC, WTF?

JUST AIR SW IN SEQUENTIAL ORDER WITHOUT ANY STUPID HIATUS OR BUMPING! ><

bobcobb22

[6]Apr 22, 2009
    Now this week's episode has been pulled as well.

It just gets more and more insane.

olafhater

[7]Apr 22, 2009

ABC fails at life.

What a crappy network it is seriously becoming.

ajporter12345

[8]Apr 22, 2009
    OMG! So, last weeks episode was the last one of season 2?? That sucks! If they treated Samatha Who? well, it would have a larger fanbase and be a really big hit, even more of a hit than it is now!!

jh443

[9]Apr 22, 2009
    • level: 2

ABC has dissed Samantha Who almost from day one. The "big wigs" decided that 90 minutes of Dancing With Fools wasn't enough - but 95 minutes was? The 9:35 to 10:05 "time slot" (and I use the term loosely) was a pain in the butt when it came to resolving DVR recording conflicts. I ended up completely removing Samantha Who from the series manager and watched the episodes online.

Well, not having the series in the Series Manager (combined with never watching any other ABC shows) meant that it took a couple weeks for me to notice that it was back on the air - on THURSDAY no less. Opposite the new episodes of Survivor and Bones. So, I went to ABC.com to watch the episodes I missed, only to discover that for some reason it's quit working.

If the numbers for the show were that bad, it wasn't because it wasn't a good show - it was because people were fed up with the way a good show was being treated.

olafhater

[10]Apr 22, 2009

*sigh* This has been one of the best shows on ABC. They just don't know how to handle a good show. Changing its timeslot, mixing the order of episodes to air, and then completely bumping it off the program mere DAYS before its airing, shows what a bad network ABC has become -_-. 2/4 of my fave shows got canceled already because their 'ratings' weren't good enough. SW is on the chopping block now, I just hope we get all 20 eps on the DVD in production order, and get one final season at least so Sam could get some type of closure.

ABC you disgust me.

RavenFreak120

[11]Apr 23, 2009
    • level: 21
    Yeah... I know next week is cancelled cuz of Ugly Betty... but can we all confirm THIS week's is cancelled? On the ABC site, it said there was "Grey's Anatomy." TRUE? SOOOO SAD IF LAST WEEK WAS THE LAST EP AND WE DIDN'T KNOW! Maybe, like Pushing Daisies, they'll air the final eps.

ajporter12345

[12]Apr 23, 2009
    Well, they are airing a Grey's Anatomy REPEAT!!!! A REPEAT, that is horrible that they would choose to air a Grey's Anatomy repeat instead of a NEW EPISODE of Samantha Who!!!!!

ABC also announced early renewals for 6 of their shows and Samantha Who? was NOT on the list! But, this DOES NOT mean it is cancelled, there are still many shows that have not been announced and I am keeping my fingers crossed! If ABC cancels this show, I will boycott ABC FOREVER!!

AnilThornberry

[13]Apr 23, 2009
    • level: 19
    OMG NO WAY!
    So our Sam is dead. (
    F U ABC, SERIOUSLY F U!!!!! I don't see how they can afford to lose their shows when every new show they launch is a failure? They will hopefully fail all the way down to closing business.... :@ :@

txgirl75

[14]Apr 23, 2009
    • level: 23
    ABC sure doesn't do their shows right no wonder they all get canceled. They move them around so much no one knows when the show is suppose to come on.

AnilThornberry

[15]Apr 23, 2009
    • level: 19
    Yay, this makes me a little happy. It says ''it is likely to return''.
    If it does, I'll be happy and plus the DVD sales will be great. 6 unaired episodes. WOOP!

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/2009/04/abc-returns-ugly-betty-1-week-earlier.html

monsmagic

[16]Apr 24, 2009
    • level: 8
    I will be very livid if ABC cancels SW. Christina Applegate does an awesome job and certainly doesn't deserve to be let go because ABC 'thinks' it has things figured out. Seriously, who's bribing whom around here? This show was renewed quickly and it wasn't a mistake. ABC isn't even sure it's returning. That's so ridiculous. Find one spot, put it there and leave it. I don't know what you're trying to pull here, ABC! (stands for Absolute Bull Crap)

bobcobb22

[17]Apr 24, 2009
    Good point, monsmagic - ABC thinks they have the ratings figured out, when in reality they're clueless. Last night was the epitome of stupid decisions - they put on a Grey's repeat which did WORSE than new episodes of ITM/Sam would have done.

Seriously, a group of trained monkeys could do better than the management at this pathetic excuse for a network.

usagi500

[18]May 10, 2009
    • level: 3
    im so tired of ABC canceling good shows after another. every time i get into one of their shows they cancel it. first it was carpoolers now it's Samantha who? what's next? ugly betty? what they need to cancel is that grey's anatomy it's the same drama every episode same problems same crap.

CoffeeCake225

[19]May 14, 2009
    • level: 15
    UGHHH and i was rally looking forward to the epiosode that was coming up. Why does ABC insist on ruining its shows?