Samantha Who?

The Amazing Racist

Aired Monday 9:30 PM Apr 09, 2009 on ABC

7.3
  • Sam tries to convince people she is not a racist.

"Never underestimate how drunk I am."

I believe this episode should have been called "The Amazing Filler Episode" as it was just that. No point of having this as it failed to advance the Todd/Sam relationship, and the way it progressed Tony and Adrianna's relationship was nothing short of outlandish and silly.

The racist episode has been done to death and the scene from the restaurant was almost a carbon copy of the Seinfeld episode where George tried to convince Mr. Morgan that he was not a racist.

Samantha Who? has been decent this season, but this was not a good episode at all.
  • Sam tries to prove she's not racist

Another fine example of what made me watch this show in the first place. We did have plenty of laughs this time around, and all the characters played their typical characters.

I loved the way they focused both on Sam and Andrea. We've also had a lot of Frank in this episode. He was perhaps the most important and most underrated character in this show. We did miss Howard Newly a bit, with whom this would have been a perfect episode. Comedy aside, this had a beautiful storyline. Sam and Andrea's characters have developed really well.

Easily one of top comedies in television.
  • Season 2, Episode 12.

I really liked watching this episode. A misunderstanding with a white woman and her black husband while trying to sell a house makes Sam thinks she's racist, after the couple points it out. She tries to form a friendship with Frank, but things do not entirely work out after she "uses" him at the white woman's steakhouse. Meanwhile, Tony Dane's homosexuality is discovered, so he proposes to Andrea as a cover-up. Haha, I really liked this episode. Especially Andrea's storyline. I love this plot for her. It is perfect for her character. I liked Sam in this episode too. She seems like Sarah Jessica Parker a lot lately. Good episode.