Samantha Who?

The Boss

Aired Monday 9:30 PM Apr 14, 2008 on ABC

6.7
  • Good episode where Samantha's boss returns and proposes to her.

This was probably one of the best episodes of Samantha Who I have seen so far. The writing and acting was excellent all round. It wa a shame Frank wasn't in it as he is one of my favourites. The whole scenario with Dena writing some kind of wild romance novel based on Samantha was hilarious and really well done. The kiss with Todd at the end was perfect too. Andrea had some great moments too. Regina was also on top form, I was glad to see. The episode was well worth watching as it had lots of pace and humour.
  • There is a new boss in Samantha's world and he's turning heads wherever he goes.

In one word this episode was brilliant. Not only did I enjoy the guest appearance, rephrase that filthy rich, daringly attractive guest appearance, but Samantha seemed more funnier and spontaneous around him. I hope for a reprisal of Winston's (The Boss) role, because he was dashing and very casual. You didn't expect that Samantha would have a new love interest. Todd is indecisive and too wrapped up with his crazy girlfriend living in Samantha's hotel, wait, I would have kicked their butts out in the curb and move in. At certain points in the series, the humor settled and you just viewed the show because you want some humor back and this episode brings out the beauty in Samantha.

Right now I figure that Todd is not the best person for Samantha right now and Winston should come back into the picture.
  • One of the best, if not the best, episodes of this series so far.

This episode kept my attention the entire time. I liked the storyline with the boss and Sam. This episode renewed my faith in this series. It was very entertaining and I loved the ending. It was very easy to watch, and even though it was not a very probable story line, it was fun. The ending was very entertaining, sweet, and well-recieved. It was a pivotal episode in the series because through the storyline, the characters are forced to realize and act on their true feelings about each other. While nothing concrete was determined, the realizations are sweet and create hope for the viewers for what is to come.
  • This is the best episode of this show so far. There was never a dull moment and the writing was excellent.

With all of the conflicting emotions going on in this episode, they still found time to punctuate just about every scene with one or two snappy little jokes.

Several exchanges between Sam and Andrea had that best-friends-having-an-arguement feel to them - but there was always a laugh or two tagged on for good measure. I especially liked the long flashback where Sam lies to Andrea's face as she sabotages her career track for selfish reasons. It felt like this show was in it's fifth season and they were touching on a turning point from season one.

Sam is torn between to former boyfriends (neither of whom she remembers much about), and is really having trouble trying to figure out which one she has a future with. I would imagine that, in a toss-up situation, you normally go with the billionaire. But not the new Samantha. .

Like most people, she is attracted to the person who doesn't want to be involved instead of the rich guy who is throwing himself at her. We're not sure why, but it makes for good comedy TV. This show (and Christina) really seem to be growing on us.