Samantha Who?

The Building

Aired Monday 9:30 PM Nov 03, 2008 on ABC

• Not funny....

A very average 30 minutes for a show that has done well so far. The element of comedy was evidently missing, nevertheless this one had its moments. At least, it wasn't painful to watch.

The one part where I did laugh hard was when Frank laughed in a mocking way when Regina was interrogating Sam regarding her methods. Its good to see Frank upbeat and funny, rather than nonchalant and uninteresting. We also see a brief sequence that sheds some light on Andrea's past. The story conveyed was a decent one, but I did miss all the usual fun stuff.

Hope the next one is funny.
  • Sweet, but without the cherry on top.

Really and truly I love Samantha Who and I still do, but I have to admit that this season isn't as funny as Season 1. Though I loved Samantha's new love interest Owen (James Tupper). Still has that Elmo look and tone, for those Men in Trees fans out there, except for his constant smiling, so un-like Jack. I still have that weakness for Men in Trees so I tried not to squirm when he began mouthing Samantha instead of Marin. I still separated that life of Men Trees form Samantha who. For a fresh role for James Tupper, he did good, I am liking Owen, but that means where does Todd fit in. I barely ever pay attention to Andrea, she becomes very typical every episode. Way to go Dena, good friendly advice. Dena seems to be Sam's real friend, imagine the kind of advice Andrea would have given. Still Sam found a way to twist it, but i found it oddly not funny when Owen was like The last Realtor he slept with wasn't good. I thought it was offensive to himself, tough it was still another good episode; same old, same old.

_____________________________________

Two out of four stars
    (** / ****)
    _____________________________________
  • Sam and Regina try to sell a building.

Noteworthy scenes in this episode including Regina discussing Sam's technique and how it might be off with Frank in the background interpreting it differently based on knowing that Sam slept with the client, Regina pretending Sam and she were sisters and pretty much everything involving Andrea here.

This was not a good Todd episode though. I like that they added another male cast member, although he was kind of a ripoff of Randy from My Name Is Earl, the show can still benefit from his presence.

This was not the greatest Samantha Who ever, but it wasn't bad by any means. There just was a lack of humor in this episode and everything came off as rushed.