Samantha Who?

The Car

Aired Monday 9:30 PM Dec 03, 2007 on ABC

• Nicely done episode with laugh aloud moments.

This was a funny episode with some more great stuff from Dena and Andrea as well as Samantha's parents. The whole plot revolved around car crashes followed by hiding the cars in the local lake. And it was not just Sam who did this! There was also a lot of fun where Regina makes Sam model a load of hideous clothes in order to buy her silence. Unfortunately for her, Sama remembers where she got the idea from. No Todd or Frank this week, unfortunately. I really like Frank, he's one of my favourite characters. Hope they are back next time.
  • The absence of Barry Watson (Todd) and Tim Russ (Frank) make me wonder if this series can succeed without one or both of them.

While not a disappointing episode, we aren't treated to Todd's tolerance of Sam or Frank's snappy remarks when he is forced to interact with Sam. The dialogue and interaction we see between Sam and her parents, Dena, and Andrea is okay, but not stellar. What we do see, however, is that Sam comes by "The Devil Inside" quite honestly as she unconsciously gets the idea to dump her father's wrecked car in a lake from a similar incident four years prior in cahoots with her mother. This episode treats us to the sheer devilish ways the old Sam apparently operated, after learning at the foot of a master, as Andrea is most excited when evil Sam re-emerges to seek revenge on her blackmailing mother. What remains to be seen is in what other ways Regina is responsible for the creation of old Sam, the Sam with whom she hadn't had a relationship in two years prior to the accident.