Samantha Who?

The Ex

Aired Monday 9:30 PM Nov 17, 2008 on ABC

7.2
  • Todd meets Owen and Sam meets Willow. Andrea tries to send her picture to Tony. Regina makes cupcakes.

This is definitely best one so far this season. There were some genuine jokes and a well-paced and executed storyline. James Tupper who plays Owen seems perfect to play Sam's new boyfriend. I haven't seen 'Men in Trees', but he does give me feeling that he can pull off some really funny lines.

For some reason, I really don't like Sam and Todd together. They are way more fun when they are just friends. This episode had possibly brought the best out of Andrea, or in other words, this might be the episode which best depicted her character. I simply loved the line where she says that she wants to be so famous that everyone in the world should hate her.

A nice round of Monday comedies. Truly worth it!
  • Cupcakes!

Oh man, what a hilarious episode of Samantha Who. Just non-stop laughs for the entire half hour from Andrea not being able to take a picture and wanting to be famous so "everybody hates her" to Sam's mom thinking that cupcakes were the key to success in real estate. Even her dad was funny with the limited screen time he was given.

If every installment this season is as good as this Season 2 is going to be great and Jean Smart may be able to claim a second consecutive Emmy. Not much else to say other than this was a very well-written episode from start to finish.
  • How do you say just Fantastic in one word. :)

I am definitely warming up to James Tupper (Owen) in this episode. When I first saw him, he still reminded me of Jack (Men in Trees fan), but I really liked him here.

This episode was getting the 'I live with my roommate who is by the way my ex' out of the way. It was funny to find out that Owen also lived with his ex (Willow), who seemed to be a bit high spirited. Everything was okay until Samantha saw the connection between Todd and Willow.

Funny scene(s)

*Owen reminding Samantha that they already slept together when she said she wasn't 'ready' for him to go up to her apartment. We know that she was trying to cover up Todd, but that scene was just classic.

*Owen going all poetic when Samantha refused to let him up. Owen- "I just have this desire to know everthing about you". Again, same scene, but deserves the same amount of humor. *The twist when we also realize that Owen also lives with his ex. Owen seems a bit high spirited as well, just like his ex. hmmm...

*Samantha giving Todd the okay to see Willow, even though Todd was already seeing her. Samantha, does Todd really need your blessing. Is Samantha really over Todd. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Samantha Who still finds a way to tickle my funny bone, as it continues to climb my favorite top ten list each week. I must give an extra credit to James Tupper and his comedy role, he really makes me laugh.

_____________________________