Samantha Who?

The Job

Aired Monday 9:30 PM Oct 22, 2007 on ABC

• Sam goes back to work though she doesn't know what she does there and follows up on a doctor's appointment.

There were some great scenes in Sam's office in this episode, the supporting characters were just great. We had already met Andrea in the pilot but here we meet Tracy the cowering secretary and Chase the monumentally stupid boss. Although she realises that she has a really awful job she can't leave because she has huge credit card bills to pay thanks in the main to her shoe addiction. There was also a lot of jokes about boob jobs and Sam's mum Regina had some funny lines on the subject. The episode as a whole developed all the characters and makes me want to see the next episode.
  • Sam's work day!

Samantha returns to work in this second epsiode of the series. I recently saw four of the "Samantha Who?" episodes that ran on a Saturday night. ABC ran them as a filler after weeks of college football. Their last saturday night game has USC vs. UCLA. I love both teams and I'm from Michigan. But back to the episode at hand, Sam returns to work and she learns that she is a very mean boss to those around her. She tries to reform herself to those who hated her. that will take lots of episode. But so far, I love the series.
  • Pretty good!

Samantha finds out what her job was. She wants to quit it, but can't because she's in debt. She also finds out that she was going to get a boob job. He also finds out why and cancels it. She tells the boss off because the only way to win an arguement is whoever had the best breast to look at. She tells him that appearance isn't everything. She wants to make her life better than it was before.

This was a great episode! Minus all the talk of breasts, I really liked it! I liked her point about appearances and how she should help the "little people." This episode gets a 9.0!
  • **MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS IN REVIEW.** Today, Sam tries to find out what her job is and why she wants a boob job. In these "exciting" (not sure what word to put there) 22 minutes we find out what those answers are. **MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS IN REVIEW.**

Sam once again wakes up hoping that the whole amnesia thing is just a dream. Well...it isn't. She figures out that "Hey, I've got a job!" We go through the whole boob job appointment, the meeting about the church and her furious encounter with her boss whose last name is Chapman (Is that right?). When thinking back, surprisingly as she has amnesia, she remembers that when trying to win an argument with the boss, your boobs have to be something good to look at. Well, hers weren't acceptable. So that explains the whole boob job. I did like how she made a statement that in order to progress in a job, you should NOT be judged on your appearance. That was very moving (lmao) but really, that was a good point in today's episode. More development on characters, especially Andrea. She obviously does not care what Sam does, but wants her to do it HER (as in Andrea's, in case you didn't understand, sorry for interrupting) way. We figured that out in the 1st episode. I would like to continue seeing these flashbacks so I know what she was like before the hit. Anybody else? Out of the 3 new comedies I've seen so far this season, Samantha Who? is my favorite (sorry Carpoolers).

P.S. By the way, isn't Christina Applegate doing wonders with this part?
  • She goes back to her job and gets some hints about how she was before. She discovers her debt and her excess of material things like shoes and purses. She contemplates a boob job.

It looks like she will be using her flashbacks to her advantage as she creates her new self. I think Christina does a great job at being both the clueless amnesia girl questioning everything and the shrewd girl in her flashbacks. It looks like Christina can carry this show with nice help from Jennifer Esposito as a sidekick. The actors do well witht the writing. The mom has some funny jokes and Christina makes some of her jokes even more funny with her own unique style. The other sidekick friend will be good too. They also have the star trek guy who will be a nice character addition. I think this show has a chance!