Samantha Who?

The Park

Aired Monday 9:30 PM Dec 01, 2008 on ABC

7.3
  • Sam tries her hand at saving the planet

This was an OK episode. Not to take anything away from it, I should admit it wasn't painful to watch either. With some fine characters being underutilized and some others being shown the door, it's hard to fill in some laughable lines.

We see Sam break up with Owen in this episode. When you try to depict a guy as a perfect male, it does get a bit nauseating. I found him funny in the beginning, now I am just happy he's out. This will give Todd more screen time, who really has the potential to be a funny guy. Andrea was her usual self, trying to get Tony's attention, yet at the same time not going easy on her attitude. Dena got less screen time, and a lot of other characters like Frank, Howard, Chapman were missing.

The show is still trying to get somewhere. But will ABC wait?
  • Looks like Owen's on his way out.

Samantha Who did really give the kick it needed to derive uproar of laughter as this episode was circled around bidding Owen farewell. It was anticipated at the beginning though when Samantha began doing all that hard work, we all know that isn't Samantha, that only spelt disaster for the two of them. I'd actually hoped they would build more on Willow and Todd's relationship. It might have played off better if Samantha had left Owen because she realized her feelings for Todd, but I guess that would be done another way. Andrea's obsession with Tony continues. I felt that the episode 'The Building' was used to bring Seth in the picture, who is now becoming a burden. He keeps telling Andrea that he's pushing her towards Tony son she could be with him sooner. I'm sure if it didn't work out with Tony, she still would go with Seth, he's too desperate. I wonder where they are going with that?

Samantha's father and Frank was absent this round. These characters are completely underused. They should give Frank a story to be in the story, he's a very sarcastic character and adds a lot of humor to each episode.

Two out of Four stars
    (**) / (****) \
  • Weak episode.

Samantha Who has its ups and downs this season. In the first week without Dancing With The Stars as a lead-in the sitcom failed to give fans a reason to stay tuned in.

There were a few funny lines but the lack of Howard Newly and Frank was disappointing. Those two are an integral part of this show and need to be on TV on a weekly basis.

A few good lines from Andrea and her obsessive "friend" but Todd's appearance was lackluster. Regina produced some laughs but continues to be underutilized by the show.

I am not saying that Christina Applegate isn't funny, but the other characters should be given more screen time as well.