Samantha Who?

With This Ring

Aired Monday 9:30 PM Jul 23, 2009 on ABC

7.7
  • Bye bye Samantha.

When I first watched the pilot last year, I really had a good time. It's always great to see Christina Applegate in a new role. She's so vivid and funny.

But the, over the course of episodes, it really started to get boring. And I just watched every episode thinking it would get better.

So when I heard that the show was being cancelled, it didn't really affect me... until I watched the last few episodes ABC shot before making the decision.

The series had really gotten her groove back and I surprised myself smiling again while watching it.
    The end of this episode is so promising (Sam and Todd proposing to each other, Regina moving in with Sam, Andrea getting cold feet...) that I wish the show had not been cancelled.

If only the network had not rused its decision... But unfortunately it's too often the case...
  • Series Finale...

This is most possible the last episode and my last review for Samantha Who?. But I am not sure, anything can happen. It is just like characters getting killed on NBC's Heroes - they always find a way to come back.

Finale or not, this episode has followed the formulaic fairy tale ending. Sam finally ends up Todd in what can possibly be the gayest airport scene on television. The unresolved sexual tension between Seth and Andrea was put to rest, when Seth crashes her wedding. Chapman and Dena end up as a happily ever after couple, though they are not married. While they younger ones find love, the older ones find separation. The happy couple of season1 and 2, finally part ways in this finale.

Well, Samantha Who? may not be the best show I have watched in TV so far. But sure, I did enjoy the initial installments of the series. The show was definitely finding it hard to keep up with the concept in the second season, and as a result produced some really lackluster episodes. I really adored some characters - my top 3 would include: Jean Smart; not a lot of woman can play the cool mom character, and she did get a deserving emmy for that. #2 is Jen Esposito - she perfectly portrayed the despicable b***h and still managed to be funny at the same time. And #3 is Frank (I don't know his real name), the stone-faced doorman who made us laugh with his witty sarcasm. Sam Who? had a decent run. And I am pretty OK with the cancellation.
  • Season 2, Episode 20.

It's Andrea's wedding day, and she decides on a man that she wants to spend the rest of her life with. Samantha also chooses between Winston Funk and Todd, in a scenario that ends in an engagement with one of them. Meanwhile, Regina's marriage begins to crumble.

I LOVED this episode! It was definitely a great series finale, especially for a sitcom. The scenarios they were in were great, although it seemed like the final scene was sorta stolen from The King Of Queens. I don't know why. Anyway, great episode! Sam and Todd are finally happy! YAY! I loved the proposal. :) Amazing episode. Great way to end Samantha Who?.