We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Samurai 7 Forums

IFC (ended 2006)

favorite samurai

Shining_Bullet

[1]Oct 30, 2006
    • level: 5

whos' your favorite samurai? this doesn't have to be  limited to the seven. it can be the nobuseri, or any of the others they have come across.

my favorite so far is kikuchiyo. he's hilarious.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DaveJS124

[2]Nov 15, 2006
    • level: 54
    Katsushiro and Gorobei for me

Shining_Bullet

[3]Nov 19, 2006
    i wonder why no one ever posts on here anymore. *tear*

blitzwing17

[4]Dec 1, 2006
    I would have to say that my favorite samurai was Kuozo. He's just such a bad @ss. I mean he took out most of the bandits single handedly in the before last episode. It's too bad he and Kanbei never got to have their rematch, it would have been too crazy.

I think Kuozo would win thought, so im glad he didnt have to kill Kanbei.

frank_thetank

[5]Jan 3, 2007
    • level: 25
    My fav is definitely Kyuzo. He is totally cool.

isildurelendil

[6]Jan 15, 2007
    • level: 11
    i wonder y no one likes kambei?kyuzo could be the strongest but he is definitely the wisest of the seven.he is not their leader for nothing.sure,he has always fought for the losing side.that means he won't be afraid to take risks while at the same time being doubly cautious about certain matters.he is a natural leader.the seven won't be so good without kambei to put their individual skilla together and coordinate them.

ManicDepressive

[7]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 1
    I don't hate Kambei, but he just seems like such a tool. I know he's extremely wise and the best fighter of the seven (minus Kyuuzou) but he's still a jerk. For the most part, I understand why he acts the way he does, but a lot of things just make me want to punch him in the face. For instance, when he scolded Katsushiro and Kikuchiyo for coming to rescue him. I felt so bad for Katsushiro, and I actually kinda' wanted to see him slice Kirara in half, or something. He said some things he shouldn't have, but Kambei's a big boy, and it's not like his feelings were hurt; not to mention, he was right. You can't do everything by yourself. The fact that Kambei escaped being beheaded was as much a matter of luck as it was skill, and he couldn't have ever predicted that Ukyou would've just let him leave with the women. He would've had to have fought the Capital by himself, and he would've died. If anyone jumped the gun, it was him, not Katsushiro. It was the same thing when he told everyone to stand back so he could solo that mecha. Wth is that? How about, "All of us gang up on it and no one will even break a sweat," instead? That sounds much more efficient, in my opinion, and he does other things like that, where he's just like, "No one interfere! I'm going to amaze you with my awesomeness..."

I think him and Shichirouji surviving is a sign that the tale is definitely not a Western one. In my opinion, had it been a Western one, Kambei would've been the last of the four to die, and he would be the one with ther hero's death, giving his katana to Katsushiro. Shichirouji living doesn't bug me, but Kambei living does. In a more Western story, it would've been Kikuchiyo who lived instead of Kambei, or perhaps Heihachi (perhaps Heihachi instead of Shichirouji). Katsushiro, Kikuchiyo and Heihachi were like...the newbs and the youth of the group. Granted, Heihachi was probably less youthful than Kyuuzou, Kyuuzou's already ridiculously skilled, while Heihachi could've lived on, perhaps to still look for ways to repent for his past betrayal. I don't know, that's just my opinion...

However, I will say, Heihachi and Kikuchiyo dying were probably the big things for me. Especially Kikuchiyo. As soon as I saw Komachi crying, "I" began crying... So, perhaps it's better and more emotional that way.

isildurelendil

[8]Mar 5, 2007
    • level: 11

kambei does have his flaws.but do you see heihachi,kikuchiyo,gorobei,katsushiro and kyuzo working together without kambei putting them together?kyuzo is never said to have skills greater than kambei's.it's just said that he might have greater skills.saw his first fight with kambei?kambei definitely struggled but if kyuzo was stronger,he would've killed kambei then and there(i'm talking about after kikuchiyo's interruption).it's hard to say who's the better of the 2.he is definitely the wisest of the 7.as for his acting individualistic,that's an ego problem.all kikuchiyo ever did(except when he died ) was show off.katsushir survivd as a younger generation.ut you're true in saying that kikuchiyo and  heihachi need not have died.

DaiNghia-san

[9]Apr 18, 2007
    • level: 2
    Kyuzo and Heihachi one for the skills and the other for the rice

raienbrasa

[10]Dec 26, 2007
    • level: 13
    Heihachi for teh lulz.

Blue_Demon62

[11]Dec 29, 2007
    • level: 8

Kyuzo is my fave samurai, I like the quiet types...

I see why not many people go for Kanbei; he's the one who is used to losing, unlike say Gorobei or Heihachi who are positive about pretty much everything, Kanbei is very negative. Whil the other samurai only join to save Kanna because of Kanbei to see his fighting skills and to learn more; or in Kyuzo's case to fight Kanbei once more.

johnny_boston

[12]Jan 26, 2008
    • level: 4
    KYUZO

Clemontine

[13]Sep 11, 2009
    • level: 23

In order:

Kyuzo

Katsushiro

Heihachi

Kikuchiyo

Momotaro

Gorobei

Kambei

Edited on 09/10/2009 11:11pm