Samurai Champloo

Tempestuous Temperaments

Aired Sunday 12:00 AM May 14, 2005 on Cartoon Network

• Where all three members of the team meet up for an epic journey. The journey to search for the sunflower samurai.

The clumsey Fuu works at a shop, the traditional Jin a wandering samurai, and the mischievous Mugen also a wandering samurai meet up in Fuu's shop, before that Jin killed some snobby guards, and Mugen wanted food in exchange for getting rid of the guys who were bothering Fuu. Jin walks in and to prove who is a better samurai, they fight. Their fighting syles are completely different, yet they are evenly matched. Caught, and saved by Fuu, but now have to search for the Sunflower Samurai. This was a great episode, there was good action, it was funny, good animation etc... It was an interesting story line and a great way to start a series.
  • The first episode to one of the best anime series out there. Get ready for an action packed adventure with Mugen, Jin, and Fuu on their journey to find the samurai who smells like sunflowers.

Anime has never really sparked that much of an interest in me. Only a small amount of animes have caught my attention and Samurai Champloo is one of them.Tempestuous temperament was a great way to start the series. Great action, great characters, great music and immediately you will be drawn in with interest for the show. I have not found one person who dislikes the first episode Tempestuous temperament.I definitely recommend this episode with no regret at all. Stats:

Storyline/Plot: Great adult themed plot that is very interesting and makes you want to keep watching. 10/10

Visuals: Great style to the anime and has some of the coolest looking main characters in anime. The enviroments look nice and drawn well. 10/10

Music: Amazing can sum up how I feel about the music. Great music through out the episode. 10/10

Overall: 10/10 Comments on overall score: It truly does deserve a 10/10 this is one episode you should not miss.

P.S.: You can watch Samurai Champloo currently on Adult Swim at 1:00 a.m and 4:00 a.m. on Saturdays or you can purchase the volumes at Amazon, Best Buy, Circuit City, and many other places.
  • An excellent first episode

Meet Fuu an young waitress.Who is also searching for some bodyguard to protect her.Not until she meets Jin and Mugen.Two that would soon become her companion during her journey.Finding out what they are doing to find the samurai that smells sunflower.Altough going with these two would be trouble of course.Than Mugen and Jin decided to fight each other.

Yeah this is an excellent first episode for Samurai Champloo.
  • The first episode...very good!

The reason I started watching this show was because it was made by Shinichiro Watanabe, the creator of Cowboy Bebop. It\'s bery similar to Cowboy Bebop in more than one way, but then again it\'s original, too.

The way the camera zips around in time with the music is really cool. The series takes place in the edo period, and brutal murders aren\'t uncommon. The main characters lives are quickly mixed together because of the unfair magistrate and his constant murdering of innocents. There is one huge fight scene, which was very impressive, as well as stylish.

And now a quote...Mugen: Kiss my @$$
  • one word....GREAT!

well lets just say from the first episode it is totally said to be a great anime series!
    out of all them charactors Mugen would have to be the best. Fuu...um i wouldn't be cheering for her, but it is interesting that she wishes to find a samurai that smells of sunflowers...like what do sunflowers smell like anyway? and like why ask Jin and Mugen for help when they obviously have other plans in mind? o well...Jin now he is cool but can't he show a little emotion?! well all that and more get answered as the series progresses...i absolutlly love the why Mugen broke that guys fingers! o and the violence, don't get me started on how cool that was!

all and all i say watch Samurai Champloo, its cool (but not as cool as TMNT!)
  • Great way to start a series

This episode was really good and its very funny the remarks that these characters use. Well you meet the 3 main characters in this episode Fuu who hopes to find the samurai that smells of sunflowers. Mugen who seems to love trouble and Jin who is very quiet.Fights occur and they all meet eventually but Mugen and Jin dont seem to like each other so they start to fight. They end up getting arrested and are to be excecuted when Fuu tries to save them .They get away and Fuu makes a deal with Jin and Mugen, she will toss a coin and if it is head they can kill each other but if its tail they will help her find the samurai that smells of sunflowers.
  • Great Opener

Tempestuous Temperaments was a really great start to the Samurai Champloo season. It was just a really great episode, and also really funny. The humor is what really gets your attention and calls you to watch it, it's just really funny, although there are some serious parts in it, this episode was one of the best. Fuu is a waitress at this restaurant, but when Mugen barges in, along with Jin, they mess around there, and Fuu gets kidnapped. They manage to release her, and they begin their journey together.
  • Fuu is in the search of a man who smells of sunflowers, but she never had the iniciative to search for him...until she met Mugen and Jin.

A great episode with a kick-ass beginning.Fuu meets a cocky Mugen who doesn't really give a squirt, and a well-balanced Jin with "morals". (Wow, a man with morals!)Anyway, somehow all of them cross paths, and with the flip of a coin, Jin and Mugen decide to help the young Fuu in search of the samurai who smells of sunflowers. You can tell that the show was created by the man who did Cowboy Bebop. I'm looking forward to this show in the near future.
  • Awesome introductory episode to the series.

This episode shows you what you can expect from the whole series: great art, excellent story-telling, nice soundtrack, attitude, and brutal fight scenes.

I loved the fast-paced action and the way that the director took us back and forth from scenes with each of the two main characters. There was no hesitation; we get right into meeting the characters and get a great deal of insight into their personalities from the events here in Episode 1: Tempestuous Temperaments.

I was drawn in by this episode and am watching every episode on DVD in rapid succession. I'm hoping the rest of the series turns out to be as engaging as this episode. I would highly recommend it to others whether you are new to Japanese animation or a seasoned veteran.