Samurai Jack

XLIV: The Princess And The Bounty Hunters

Aired Saturday 12:30 AM Nov 12, 2003 on Cartoon Network

• Once again, Aku tries to get the bounty hunters to get the honorable Samurai Jack. Through the plans of 4 bounty hunters and 4 possible ways of attack to get rid of the Samurai, they band together under a princess who longs to free her people from Aku.

Once again the creator of the show is just outstanding at not only bringing the old Samurai movies into today's standard, but also giving the audience some sympathy especially for the warrior princess. In the end, you just can't help but feel sad for this woman who wants to free her people and yet, you know Aku isn't the most honest person and yet, you want Jack to live on. The four bounty hunter's story through flashback was just excellent and yet funny because one of the hunter, Boris who was the stupid one had his flashback in a simple drawing like a kid's drawing because of his mind was child-like. The fight is only a couple second long but worked so perfectly. The ending was a direct copy from a samurai movie where he is walking away knowing that the fight continues on.
  • awesome episode, one problem.

I am a big fan of samurai jack since i have first seen it and I would like to say I love every episode and this one is no exeption. The charecters are draws in such a perfect was in relation to their origin. Boris has to be one of the funniest characters in the series "Then i will break him. break him BREAK HIM." I would have rated this episode a 10 out of 10 except for one reason: Jujounga the Abouriginal bounty hunter. The charecter is great and voice suits really well but why on earth does his didgeridoo have holes drilled into it and its called a flute? strage but other than that an awesome eppisode!
TOON