Sanctuary Forums

Syfy (ended 2011)

Where's the other Magnus?

VitaeBloodbane

[1]Jan 5, 2012
    • level: 7

Since Magnus went back in time and and got stuck there, there is effectively 2 of them now.

Where's the 2nd one? and what's she been doing?

I've seen some posts here saying that either one or the other was the one that was blown up in the sanctuary, but nothing actually shows that she DID blow up. Since she had Henry's force field suit nearly on, there's a chance that the field protected her.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

EarlyMemphis

[2]Jan 5, 2012
    • level: 60
    In our "reality", there's only ONE Helen Magnus (who wasn't blown up) - the 1st one who went back in time (becoming the 2nd one In That Time. She laid low, thinking and planning - and perhaps building the New Sanctuary (with a new fortune). She stepped back into the spotlight when the Magnus she avoided in the 19th century chased Adam Worth through the portal - back into the 19th century. This ongoing time loop creates another alternate reality/timeline every time it happens.

In the timeline we're following, there is only one Helen Magnus - the one who originally went back in time and thus is about 113 years older than before - making her approximately 274 year old now! In other timelines, perhaps both Magnus' worked together, maybe eventually three of them! It really doesn't matter. Our story concerns only one of them - the original Helen Magnus, the original time traveler - the One (if not the only ).

VitaeBloodbane

[3]Jan 5, 2012
    • level: 7
    Ah, I didn't even think about her coming out once the other left.
    Tho, that would mean that she'd have to have a perfect recollection of everything that she'd done and said up to the moment that she "came back" so that they wouldn't need to remind her of things that just happened.
    Of course everyone that knew about her going back in time likely knows that she's the "Older" Magnus, but they never exactly came out and said, "Hey, i'm back now that i'm gone"
    I think that was what threw me off. I expected some mention of that.
    As well, at SOME point some other people had to have known that there was no way that she was in one part of the world capturing an Abnormal and at the same time taking money out of her Swiss bank account for the New Sanctuary.

BUT at least now I know why there aren't the 2 of them....Can't imagine the control that it would take to not let my daughter get into that mess if I were to time travel.
    I'd come back and trip her just as she was walking into the warehouse and say "Yeah, you don't want to do that." LOL

kanniballl

[4]Jan 16, 2012
    • level: 18

Yeh, as the other guy said. There's currently only one Magnus; the time traveller more-or-less hid until that timeline's Magnus decided to time travel as well. Each Magnus that goes into the past creates a slightly different timeline... presumably one will always hide until THAT timeline's Magnus goes onto the past (and another timeline) as well. In one, the child dies by disease. In another, by kidnapping. In another, who knows.

Until infinity.

A goes to B, then hides

B goes to C, and A takes over. B hides in C

C goes to D, and B takes over. C hides in D

etc

Edited on 01/16/2012 6:55am

Bogmore

[5]Mar 6, 2012
    • level: 2

EarlyMemphis wrote:
    This ongoing time loop creates another alternate reality/timeline every time it happens.
    Actually there isn't an ongoing loop as the one who was in hiding doesn't go through the time portal so there is only one now. If she had stopped herself going through the portal then there would be two but one would not be there to stop her so she would go through, then one would be there to stop her, that's a paradox, like the grandfather paradox.

She starts off living normally and then goes through the portal, she does what she has to and hides, making another fortune. AFTER the younger version of herself goes through the portal, she comes out of hiding and takes over the sanctuary.

OR

19th century ===>===> 21st Century, enters portal ===> 19th Century again ===> Hides ===> 21st Century, comes out after the other enters portal ===> Gets on with life.