Sanctuary Forums

Syfy (ended 2011)

Will/Should Sanctuary Return For A Fifth Season Without Christopher Heyerdahl?

Will/Should Sanctuary Return For A Fifth Season Without Christopher Heyerdahl?

bmoshier

[21]Jan 10, 2012
    • level: 47

Earlier this morning I was watching Angel and it dawned on me, they changed sets for their final season. Angel went from a hotel to the Wolferman & Hart LA headquarters for their sets. BTW, this was before my learning they used virtual / green screen sets in Sanctuary. So, I guess the new sets wouldn't be a reason to cancel Sanctuary.

Here is another thought and one on why it will return: The series is NOW in a position to do a complete reboot of what the series represents and the characters. It can address issues presented by focus groups, etc. Well, just a thought . . .

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Im-sarcastic

[22]Jan 10, 2012
    • level: 1

The first part had 1.115 mil viewers and the second part had 1.288 mil viewers; down from a season high of 1.466 mil. It did about the same as the 2 episode close of season 3 but definitely not as well as seasons 1 and 2.

Kalijara

[23]Feb 5, 2012
    • level: 6

I hate to say this because I, as others have said, would love to see what the inside of the new Sanctuary is like - but I don't think the show will be back. When you add up all the characters who have disappeared or been killed off - and throw in Henry probably leaving to be with his wife and baby - only Will and Magnus are left. And that leaves a space no other show will fill.

LordGrievous

[24]Feb 19, 2012
    • level: 13

Has there been any word of whether Sanctualy is cancelled or not?

EarlyMemphis

[25]Feb 24, 2012
    • level: 60
    LordGrievous wrote:

Has there been any word of whether Sanctualy is cancelled or not?

Sadly, no. Those of us who care can just hang by our thumbs and hope. tvbythenumbers doesn't cover SyFy shows and all I hear elsewhere is wait for a tweet from Magnus, er, Amanda. Although I don't tweet, I do occasional Google searches. If I hear anything, I'll start a new thread - unless someone beats me to it.

dh4645

[26]Mar 20, 2012
    • level: 15
    so when is it back?

Angel1of4

[27]Mar 22, 2012
    • level: 5
    I completely agree with Baisy's conclusion, although I don't agree with all the Sanctuary "problems".

"Now I truly love sanctuary, and were they to make a hundred seasons I would watch a hundred seasons, I would defend sanctuary to any hater of the show, and when I read - what I feel - to be completely ignorant criticism I find myself becoming quite angry." - I also totally and 100% agree with that statement, so much so that I had to copy it because I couldn't have put it better myself. In the beginning I really didn't embrace Abby all that well, but the longer she's been on the more I've come to like her. I really think she is a good balance for Will.

As far as the John/Biggie thing I'm in complete agreement. They have to be two of my favorite characters and sometimes it's really hard for me to believe that they're played by the same guy! I fell in love with Christopher Heyerdahl and all the characters he played in Stargate: Atlantis and was overjoyed to find him on Sanctuary. I keep expecting John to come back (in my opinion he IS Magnus's one true love); I want him to vanquish his demon COMPLETELY and come back and join Magnus in running the Sanctuary (my perfect scenario). And NO WAY can they do without Biggie!!! He is the GLUE that holds them all together, he's my comfort and refuge in the show; when he shows up I know everything will eventually be ok again. They have to get the old Biggie back and that nastiness that the stupid terrorist did to him reversed. Grrr....

In the end, it's like Baisy said "So, the conclusion arrives: Season 5 without Heyerdahl; It's possible, but what a huge fall in quality."

OrlahEhontas

[28]Mar 25, 2012
    • level: 2

You forgot to add the statement to the poll of "Yes, I watch "Sanctuary" for the show, not for who's playing what part." Which is what I watch the show for. It's nice that Tapping has a major role and that they provided starring roles for so many of the "Stargate" actors that lost their jobs when SciFi shut down that series, but for me the story was the thing, not the actors. And on that same note, the other optional answer to the poll would be "Yes. The season ended with way to many questions left unanswered".

(My opinion now) As for "Big-Guy" being dead, don't think so. Magnus looked grim when she checked him out because of the beating he had taken and the fact that she knew she didn't have the time to take proper care of him. It was shown in an earlier episode that he had very quick healing abilities and that short of getting his head whacked off he would probably be able to come back from his injuries. Without Magnus' care it would just take a tad bit longer. As for him being missing from the gate at the end of the episode, I think he finally came to and crawled off to lick his wounds (pun not intended) and rest up away from all the action.

As for the show coming back for a fifth season, I really hope so. I enjoy watching it and really want to get a look at the interior of the Sanctuary building.

DaylinGonzale

[29]Apr 2, 2012
    • level: 1

If anyone knows if sanctuary is going to be back for a 5th season let me know plz & thank you.....

Mike_Schmidt

[30]Apr 11, 2012
    • level: 7

Sorry for being a bit late to reply on this but I am an overseas person etc... agree with EarlyMemphis... I guess he covers the most other than... with the original "group" who got the Vampire blood all being neutralised or killed off - isn't the longevity of that plot device also truncated and as such a lot of the attendant subplots... gets to the point where interests fade bc the twisty-turny things are ironed out... seems like a natural conclusion to the series is eminent.

JayJay81

[31]May 11, 2012
    • level: 3

LordGrievous wrote:

I never heard anythingabout Ashley being a one-dimensional character I only heard that she had the spine problem and that's why they took her out.

That she was taken out because of her health problems was only a persistent rumor that somehow keeps circulating on-line.

The writers have actually admitted in interviews that the reason for writing her off the show was because her character was too one-dimensional.

When fans heard the news of her health problems after Ashley's demise in the series they drew their own conclusions.

EarlyMemphis

[32]May 15, 2012
    • level: 60
    What a crock. I notice you didn't quote a source for these "writers" statements. In the first place, most of the show's writing was done by Sanctuary's own executive producers, not a group of faceless "writers" - and they'd hardly blame the talent that they hired in the first place. Secondly, if Ashley's character was "too one-dimensional", that would be the result of hack writing, not the actor or actress - so you'd be firing the wrong person. In an attempt to set the record straight, I just started a new Emilie Ullerup thread. If you have any reliable sources, please post them there - this thread is not for that.

dougieee7

[33]May 19, 2012
    • level: 2

Anyone that thinks that Emilie`s character was one dimensional was clearly not really watching the first series. Even if this were the case they opened up a whole new vista of possibilities right before they "killed her off".

Imagine what the writers could do with a Nicola/John hybrid character. It could refresh the show if she were to return.

I like many others it seems feel like the show moved away from its strengths in the last series, so if series 5 were in the pipeline i can only hope the writers take that into consideration, i really would like the show to go out with a bang not barely a whimper

D-LinkUK

[34]May 21, 2012
    • level: 24

Just read Sanctuary has been cancelled.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/484899-Syfy_Ends_Sanctuary_Run_After_Four_Seasons.php

LordGrievous

[35]May 21, 2012
    • level: 13

D-LinkUK wrote:

Just read Sanctuary has been cancelled.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/484899-Syfy_Ends_Sanctuary_Run_After_Four_Seasons.php

I kind of saw it coming ince the last season sucked.

They killed off Druit and possibly Bigfoot, we don't know whether Helen's fatheralive or not, and they got rid of Praxis for the stupid terrorist storyline.

And what about the third super abnormal?

They could have done so much better it feels like the show was cheated.