Sanctuary

Penance

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Dec 11, 2009 on Syfy

• Penance

Penance was a perfect episode of Sanctuary because it had a lot of action, drama, and character development for Kate. It was cool to see Jimmy, an abnormal with a pouch he can smuggle things in. This was an interesting story though I wish there would have been more about the Elemental Jimmy was carrying. Kate and Jimmy end up fleeing a bunch of mobsters and learn more about each other in the process. It was very touching to see what Jimmy did at the end. I thought the mobster boss abnormal was cool, sort of an incredible hulk type. I like how the season is progressing and how Kate has really become one of the team. I look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!
  • Magnus and the team are meeting Jimmy an abnormal who is carrying an Elemental in his special pouch. They are attacked and Kate gets away with Jimmy intact, but is shot in the shoulder in the escape. She and Jimmy hold up while Magnus looks for them.

A pretty tense episode of Sanctuary with a few surprise twists in the middle. First of all I would like to point out that they didn't complete the episode from last week, but obviously Magnus and Will escaped from their watery dungeon! I guess someone got their signal.

This week Kate is featured as we learn even more about what is becoming an important character here in this new season of Sanctuary. Jimmy played by Michael Shanks of Stargate fame is an abnormal with a pouch in the front that defies detection. A great thing to have if you work for thief's, smugglers, killers, and the like. Also in the end it becomes a great tool in helping him steal the elemental which can be used as a powerful dangerous source from those same type of people. In this case it brings him to a meeting with Kate.

Fate has a way of bringing things full circle eventually and in this case that is what happens. Magnus and Henry with their quick thinking and Sally's telekinetic powers saved Will to fight another day. In the end Jimmy did the noble thing and probably the only thing under the circumstance to make things right in his mind. I hope Will enjoys his swim! :)

I'm looking forward to this weeks mid-season finally of Sanctuary. It will be great to get a full twenty episodes of this show for its true second TV season. Let's hope it keeps getting better and better. Thanks for reading...
  • Really strong episode.

I most say, this was great episode but I think most people were expecting something special as Michael Shanks as quest star and to be honest, he really shone. I really loved how it looked simple at first, a lot of action and that but then was turned into very emotional and moving story when Kate realizes that he has met with Jimmy before and the anger.. I really loved the way the story went. Stunning development and Bigfoot just coming in on the right moment. Brilliant scenes, brilliant dialogue. The only problem for me was that somehow the acting of Kate's char. I felt like the emotion was not delivered as well as it should have been. I remember I read from somewhere that we should start liking Kate in this episode.. but for me, it worked vice-versa. I felt Kate did not delivered and I was quite amazed by Jimmy's char.. and the ending.. ok, it was quite seen trough that he is going to do that.. Little predictable but probably great way to end the episode.

So, I really think this was a strong one.
ABC