Sanctuary

Penance

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Dec 11, 2009 on Syfy

• Magnus and the team are meeting Jimmy an abnormal who is carrying an Elemental in his special pouch. They are attacked and Kate gets away with Jimmy intact, but is shot in the shoulder in the escape. She and Jimmy hold up while Magnus looks for them.

A pretty tense episode of Sanctuary with a few surprise twists in the middle. First of all I would like to point out that they didn't complete the episode from last week, but obviously Magnus and Will escaped from their watery dungeon! I guess someone got their signal.

This week Kate is featured as we learn even more about what is becoming an important character here in this new season of Sanctuary. Jimmy played by Michael Shanks of Stargate fame is an abnormal with a pouch in the front that defies detection. A great thing to have if you work for thief's, smugglers, killers, and the like. Also in the end it becomes a great tool in helping him steal the elemental which can be used as a powerful dangerous source from those same type of people. In this case it brings him to a meeting with Kate.

Fate has a way of bringing things full circle eventually and in this case that is what happens. Magnus and Henry with their quick thinking and Sally's telekinetic powers saved Will to fight another day. In the end Jimmy did the noble thing and probably the only thing under the circumstance to make things right in his mind. I hope Will enjoys his swim! :)

I'm looking forward to this weeks mid-season finally of Sanctuary. It will be great to get a full twenty episodes of this show for its true second TV season. Let's hope it keeps getting better and better. Thanks for reading...
MNT